The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doonesbury
Entirely depends on the college - for some both interviews will be subject-specific. For others you might have 2 subject interviews plus a general interview, or one general and one subject specific.

The interview invitation (or college web site) will say which type it is.

Thanks for the info guys! I guess all I can do is study for the weird math problems on the CSAT... it looks nothing like the math we learn in the US.
Original post by bigchecks
Thanks for the info guys! I guess all I can do is study for the weird math problems on the CSAT... it looks nothing like the math we learn in the US.

We probably don't learn it in the UK either :P
I've read that Trinity typically ensures each applicant is interviewed by at least two tutors. However, I've been invited to an interview in India, and I've only been assigned one tutor from a different college. Does this mean that I've been pooled to the other college? Or am I still being considered by Trinity?
Original post by argee120117
I've read that Trinity typically ensures each applicant is interviewed by at least two tutors. However, I've been invited to an interview in India, and I've only been assigned one tutor from a different college. Does this mean that I've been pooled to the other college? Or am I still being considered by Trinity?

I think they would tell you if they have pooled you.
And generally people get pooled after their interview so no you probably are still being considered by Trinity.
Original post by argee120117

You don't get pooled until after the interview stages, assuming you're good enough for a spot but there isn't one available at your college. I have never heard of pooling happening before an interview, though @Doonesbury might have.

I imagine, due to you being interviewed in India, they lacked for tutors from Trinity, so they are using the other tutor for that reason. I'm fairly sure they would still be interviewing you for Trinity, and it is just a manpower issue.
Overseas interviews are carried out by representative of the University, we don't fly interviewers from every college out. This means that the format of interviews will differ.
Original post by xiaochen
And generally people get pooled after their interview so no you probably are still being considered by Trinity.

Original post by xBasedChris
You don't get pooled until after the interview stages, assuming you're good enough for a spot but there isn't one available at your college. I have never heard of pooling happening before an interview, though @Doonesbury might have.

I imagine, due to you being interviewed in India, they lacked for tutors from Trinity, so they are using the other tutor for that reason. I'm fairly sure they would still be interviewing you for Trinity, and it is just a manpower issue.

Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
Overseas interviews are carried out by representative of the University, we don't fly interviewers from every college out. This means that the format of interviews will differ.

Ah okay, that makes sense. Thank you all for your responses! :biggrin:
Original post by xiaochen

Pooling happens in January, long after the December interviews.

Although, in some cases, pooled candidates may also be reinterviewed in January. But this only applies to a small minority of the pool.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 108
Hi! I just got offered an interview and was wondering if I should reply to the email or if just submitting the acknowledgement form is sufficient. Thank you!
Original post by wqnt99
Hi! I just got offered an interview and was wondering if I should reply to the email or if just submitting the acknowledgement form is sufficient. Thank you!

Congrats!! I’m not sure what the answer to that question is but can I ask if you’re a home student and which college you applied too?
Reply 110
Original post by dontdoalevels
Congrats!! I’m not sure what the answer to that question is but can I ask if you’re a home student and which college you applied too?

Thank you!! I'm an international student and applied to St. Catharine's
Original post by wqnt99

What did the email say? Read things carefully and all the way to the end :smile:
Reply 112
Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
What did the email say? Read things carefully and all the way to the end :smile:

Thank you for replying! I just emailed back the acknowledgement form and got a reply so all is good :smile:
Anyone do the GAA? I'm waiting to hear from Downing :smile:
Original post by ellieprophet_
Anyone do the GAA? I'm waiting to hear from Downing :smile:

Courses with Admissions Assessments will probably be among the last to receive invites. I doubt they've all been marked yet...
Original post by wqnt99
Thank you!! I'm an international student and applied to St. Catharine's

congrats! I have one too from st catharines. whats is your subject and what day is your interview.
Still waiting on for an interview from Trinity for law. I was predicted 42/45 with 766 at HL for IB, is there any chance at all for me getting an interview? I've read that Cambridge typically requires 776 at HL :\
Original post by Doonesbury
Courses with Admissions Assessments will probably be among the last to receive invites. I doubt they've all been marked yet...

Would you know if multiple choice sections are marked by a computer?
Original post by AspiringUnderdog
Would you know if multiple choice sections are marked by a computer?

Dunno, sorry. Ask in here... https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5041574

Thanks I did it.

Latest

Trending

Trending