The Student Room Group

Boys are better than girls.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Laissez‒faire
Why does development as a whole matter in this case?

Look at the situation macrocosmic view. It’s not about this one situation.
Original post by 12ksmith
Look at the situation macrocosmic view. It’s not about this one situation.

How does the "macrocosmic" view affect this situation?
Original post by yudothis
But they don't actually grow out of it. That's the point. Children form biases very early on and that kid will not suddenly "mature" (as you said he is immature and that's why he said it) and become unbiased. Just look at any of a large number of TSR users and their views.

And why isn't it going to change anything? Let OP vent if they want to vent...

many kids do actually mature and grow out of it but a few don’t. OP can vent if they want to but what is it achieving? They want change but they’re not doing anything to bring about that change
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ishaniss
many kids do actually mature and grow out of it but a few don’t. OP can vent if they want to but what is it achieving? They want change but they’re not doing anything to bring about that change

I would highly disagree. They "mature" sure, but that in no way means they change this attitude.

And the purpose of venting is venting. Lol.
Original post by SmartUnicorn
That is what sexist people say, I am a feminist and when people come to me and ask me if boys are better, the simple answer is No. Women and Men are equal, nobody is better than anybody else, if you are wondering why I am writing this and what influenced me, well, it was my youngest cousin. Her name is Margo and she is 6. She came crying to me a few days ago and said she couldn't play football. (Margo's favourite thing to do is play football with the other kids) I asked her why and she told me a boy had told her she couldn't play simply because of her gender. Now, this infuriated me and no matter what I told her she would Not go to play football because she thought she wasn't good enough. I was wondering why that boy might have said that and I realised that boy wouldn't have came up with that conclusion himself, it would have been influenced. What are people putting into kids heads these days? I know he's only a child but this will be in his thoughts for a long while. And now? Now Margo never plays football no matter how hard I try to make her. When the other kids ask her to play she looks at the ground and says she can't. Do you know how that makes me feel? Sick. Sick that someone ruined her dignity, Now she will grow up thinking she can't play football and that boys are better than girls. No matter what I say to her or anyone else. Well done world.
Sorry for my long rant but I just needed to get it out so yeah

are you 11?
So you’re a feminist? what kind?
Reply 66
That is what sexist people say, I am a feminist and when people come to me and ask me if boys are better, the simple answer is No. Women and Men are equal, nobody is better than anybody else, if you are wondering why I am writing this and what influenced me, well, it was my youngest cousin. Her name is Margo and she is 6. She came crying to me a few days ago and said she couldn't play football. (Margo's favourite thing to do is play football with the other kids) I asked her why and she told me a boy had told her she couldn't play simply because of her gender. Now, this infuriated me and no matter what I told her she would Not go to play football because she thought she wasn't good enough. I was wondering why that boy might have said that and I realised that boy wouldn't have came up with that conclusion himself, it would have been influenced. What are people putting into kids heads these days? I know he's only a child but this will be in his thoughts for a long while. And now? Now Margo never plays football no matter how hard I try to make her. When the other kids ask her to play she looks at the ground and says she can't. Do you know how that makes me feel? Sick. Sick that someone ruined her dignity, Now she will grow up thinking she can't play football and that boys are better than girls. No matter what I say to her or anyone else. Well done world.

Sorry but i've NEVER seen a group of boys and a group of girls have a serious game of football where no-ones holding back.

in PE at school also they don't pit boys and against girls either

I can well see why that boy didn't want to allow your female cousin to play, it's just not a done thing........

I remember at the park a few years ago having a casual kick around with some guys, and there was a girl there who joined in. I'm not even good at football but this girl was slipping and sliding all over the place trying to get the ball from me. It was just a casual kick around so it was fine and tbh I was holding back somewhat, but in a more competitive match I would be worried she'd somehow end up injured or something
everyone on this thread cares about the football situation...Im still stuck at her being a feminist
And the award for the most unnecessary and pointless thread of the year goes to...
Why do you think you would be so entitled as to take other people's property without their permission?

It's just an option?..

gg

Talk about turning a small matter into a big matter.

Homeboy you need some snickers, because you ain't you when you're hungry.

Like, it's not even that deep, your sister will probably forget about such things later on in her life.

Like everybody gets influenced by those around them, why are you going to pick a fight over that when its your life that matters, not theirs - so no point dissing their people.

You sure are good at speaking drunk on emotions, you should take a second to calm down and just move on.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
I coach kids football and size/stature/strength don't have much of an effect at 6, I'd say on average the boys are better, but there isn't a significant difference. Size becomes more important when they reach 10/11

Have you thought of showing her videos of pro women's football? Perhaps internationals? That might help as it shows girls playing for England/Wales/Germany whoever
equality is a social construct, it can only exist in peace time civilisation and it isn't the natural equilibrium of life.
The feminist movement in its traditional sense is absolutely needed and contributes to equality and cultural enrichment. Unfortunately, there is a large and toxic group who wave around the flag of feminism to exclude and undermine both sexes. This is, unfortunately, more than a minority; people with little knowledge of history, bad taste, and immoral dispositions have curtailed the ferocity of what it means to be a feminist and distorted it with nonsense.
nobody is better than anybody else

This is entirely wrong.

Since people are different, then there will be one persona who is better than another. I am not going to try to argue what makes one better, but there will be a better one.

Therefore, again you can argue with how they can be compared en mass, but one sex will be better than the other; even if the difference is tiny.

Finally, I'm not trying to argue which it is.
Reply 75
Girls **** blood so boys better hehehe
Reply 76
Girls descreat blood heheh so boys better
Women's team had professional coaches and were older so were much more developed. Everything else is just blaming it on everything other than the actual players, it's irrelevant. If "support" mattered it would mean the home team would always win.

The boys would have been encouraged to play since they could walk - trained by coaches from the age of 6. Many women - especially 10 or 15 years ago, the time around when the Australian National team would have been growing up - were much less exposed to football. They wouldn’t have had as many opportunities or coaching and so they are not going to reach their full potentials. Ever. Even if they now have national team level coaching.
Original post by huffle
Feminism is detrimental to women. I was a feminist, a feminazi as some might have called it, but then i actually began educating myself. getting news from sources other than BBC and buzzfeed. Biologically men are generally stronger than women. That's just a fact. Women can do whatever the heck they want in Britain, and if you're dumb enough to buy into the feminist agenda of victimhood and man-hating then for the love of god I hope you can educate yourself as I did. Also, does it really matter? She's six years old. And I bet money that her school has a football team she would be encouraged to join by her teachers. I'd love to see this passion you have for a 6-year-old child's silly statement, be put into something of actual importance.

I don't know how much research you actually did, becuase you clearly didn't go as far as to google the definition of feminism. So if you are still thinking that Feminism is 'man-hating', then you have greatly misunderstood.

Feminism = the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.
(note the word equality)

I'm glad that you have a happy enough life to believe that women can do whatver they want in Britain, but not everyone can. So stop being selfish and learn to see other people's points of views, okay?
Original post by Serper
Girls **** blood so boys better hehehe

Original post by Serper
Girls descreat blood heheh so boys better

****, u nailed the whole issue m8

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending