The Student Room Group

Waiting time

Hello,
I am an EU student working and studying in the UK. After starting my course and talking to a financial advisor I found out I am eligible for maintenance loan. I have previously applied for tuition fee loan for this year (2017/18), but I was told I would need to do it again. I sent in my application on October 12th, it was delivered the next day.
On October 27th I received an email informing me my passport has been sent back, I have since received it.
My question is how long will I have to wait before I hear about any decision? When I log into SFE website and go into bank details section it says this:
"2017/18 Full-time
As you haven't applied for student finance to help with your living costs, we currently don't need any bank details from you."
Should I start getting worried?
Original post by ForgotThePass
Hello,
I am an EU student working and studying in the UK. After starting my course and talking to a financial advisor I found out I am eligible for maintenance loan. I have previously applied for tuition fee loan for this year (2017/18), but I was told I would need to do it again. I sent in my application on October 12th, it was delivered the next day.
On October 27th I received an email informing me my passport has been sent back, I have since received it.
My question is how long will I have to wait before I hear about any decision? When I log into SFE website and go into bank details section it says this:
"2017/18 Full-time
As you haven't applied for student finance to help with your living costs, we currently don't need any bank details from you."
Should I start getting worried?

Hi ForgotThePass,

Can I ask if you are applying as a Migrant Worker student to SFE or do you have 5 year residency in the UK?

Thanks
Louise
Original post by Louise E SFE
Hi ForgotThePass,

Can I ask if you are applying as a Migrant Worker student to SFE or do you have 5 year residency in the UK?

Thanks
Louise

Hi,
I've applied as a Migrant Worker. I've arrived in the UK on 18th of August and started working on 29th of the same month.
Original post by ForgotThePass
Hi,
I've applied as a Migrant Worker. I've arrived in the UK on 18th of August and started working on 29th of the same month.

Hi ForgotThePass,

Once the PN1 application has been passed to the MW team it takes 36 working days to process so I wouldn't be worried that it hasn't updated yet.

Once we get to it we will notify you of any updates. Keep monitoring the account online.

Warm regards,

Shaun.
Original post by Shaun D SFE
Hi ForgotThePass,

Once the PN1 application has been passed to the MW team it takes 36 working days to process so I wouldn't be worried that it hasn't updated yet.

Once we get to it we will notify you of any updates. Keep monitoring the account online.

Warm regards,

Shaun.

Thank you very much! That's the information I've been looking for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending