The Student Room Group

How to find the true religion? ( FIND YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE)

This post is only directed at a certain type of people those who ...

1. Believe in God
2.Searching for the true purpose of life that which God has sent down .

The heart is what makes difference, between believing and not believing. To really see the truth, as clear as the sun,

1. One should cleanse his heart first, from diseases and impurities that may affect it, like : arrogance and pride, anger and hatred, earthly desires and interests, etc.

2. Sincerity from heart - This is what it all boils down to . One should fill his heart with sincere will to seek truth, with justice and objectivity, with respect for others and for other ideas.

3. Guidance Asking God for guidance from the bottom of your heart to show you the true religion. This can be done by raising your hands to him or prostrating to him etc.

The above is the spiritual side .

Now intellectual side is ..

4. Compare arguments for all religions and based upon your sincerity see which appeals to your mind and heart.

To make your task easier religions which you can put aside are ...

1. Those which do not have an idea of God ( Buddhism, Jainism)

2. Those which do not even claim to be from God .

3. Those religions which do not have any scripture to begin with ( Santeria)

4. Those which are not universal religions (Hinduism, Zoroastrianism, Judaism )

5. Those religions which are based upon blind faith with no reason given to believe.

6. Those religions which say you can have your own way to God. ( Sikhism)

7. Illogical concept of God e.g (Many Gods)

etc

Applying the above 7 we are left with 2 dominating faiths which are Christianity and Islam .

You decide which is the truth .

If anyone is looking for the truth message me I will give u my reasons why I believe Islam is the true religion from God.

1. Logical concept of God

2. Universal

3. Miracles of Quran / Unique Aspects

4. Miracle in the Kalimah

etc

Atheists no point commenting I will not waste my time on you

Scroll to see replies

So you immediately write off many religions and their followers. And then decide unilaterally that of the remaining two yours is the right one
What’s the point of this?
I’m perfectly happy with my faith, belief and my God
All this does is antagonise those who aren’t Muslim or Christian but of another religion, and gives fodder to the prominent atheists
(edited 6 years ago)
you seem incredibly biased :rolleyes:
Islam's god doesn't exist.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Islam's god doesn't exist.

What about other proposed gods? Do you rule them all out or just Allah?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
What about other proposed gods? Do you rule them all out of just Allah?

Can't rule out a general deity, but all of the gods of the religions I have looked into can't be real because the religions contain too many errors, contradictions etc.
Can't rule out a general deity, but all of the gods of the religions I have looked into can't be real because the religions contain too many errors, contradictions etc.

By general deity you mean a creator of all things including itself? So basically you don't rule out a conscious first mover?

I think it's healthy to have an open mind and contemplate all those different kinds of possibilities.

Just because Islam cannot provide evidence in physical form in this world of Allah does not nesscarliy instigate there isnt no Allah.
By general deity you mean a creator of all things including itself? So basically you don't rule out a conscious first mover?

I think it's healthy to have an open mind and contemplate all those different kinds of possibilities.

I mean just a general creator, not necessarily of itself. Basically, the kind of god that is unfalsifiable and cannot be disproved.
I mean just a general creator, not necessarily of itself. Basically, the kind of god that is unfalsifiable and cannot be disproved.

But for it to be a god is must have some god like attributes?

Let's just ignore omnipotence, omniscience etc and say that any God must at least meet the basic criteria of being the first mover. Would you agree with that?

You've just described Allah there if you did not relaise
But for it to be a god is must have some god like attributes?

Let's just ignore omnipotence, omniscience etc and say that any God must at least meet the basic criteria of being the first mover. Would you agree with that?

Well yes, the ability to create, omnipotence etc. But that doesn’t mean it would be a personal deity with rules, commandments etc.
Reply 12
Original post by muzi123
Applying the above 7 we are left with 2 dominating faiths which are Christianity and Islam .....

Out of interest, have you ever read the Bible. I'm especially thinking Genesis and the gospels.
Reply 13
Original post by muzi123
1. Logical concept of God

Can you explain this?
Original post by Racoon
Out of interest, have you ever read the Bible. I'm especially thinking Genesis and the gospels.

Yes
Original post by Racoon
Can you explain this?

I will only explain this in private. I do not want to waste my time reading and then responding to Atheist comments.
Reply 16
Original post by muzi123
I will only explain this in private. I do not want to waste my time reading and then responding to Atheist comments.

Ignore the atheists:biggrin:, please just explain here, what is your logical concept of God
Original post by Racoon
Ignore the atheists:biggrin:, please just explain here, what is your logical concept of God

The best definition of God a Muslim can give you is from God himself

Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;

Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; The Self-Sufficient

He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;

And there is none like unto Him. Surah 112:1-4

There are a multitude of false beliefs about God Almighty throughout the many religious in the world. Rather than spending time directly addressing each and every one of these false beliefs individually, God Almighty instead clearly defines who He is and provides the yardstick by which to measure all other deities. Amazingly, there is no other god or goddess that measures up to this yardstick. Allah is the Supreme God against Whom all other deities fall short. In just four short verses, less than 20 words, every other deity that is, and has ever been, worshipped by man is shown to be inferior to Allah and therefore not worthy of worship.

He is Allah, (other than Whom) there is no god except He. He is The Knower of the Unseen and the Witnessed. He is The All-Merciful, The Ever-Merciful.

He is Allah than Whom there is La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He) the King, the Holy, the One Free from all defects, the Giver of security, the Watcher over His creatures, the All-Mighty, the Compeller, the Supreme. Glory be to Allah! (High is He) above all that they associate as partners with Him.

He is Allah, the Creator, the Inventor, the Fashioner; to Him belong the best names. Whatever is in the heavens and earth is exalting Him. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise. Surah 59 last 3 verses
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by muzi123
The best definition of God a Muslim can give you is from God himself

Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;

Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; The Self-Sufficient

He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;

And there is none like unto Him. Surah 112:1-4

There are a multitude of false beliefs about God Almighty throughout the many religious in the world. Rather than spending time directly addressing each and every one of these false beliefs individually, God Almighty instead clearly defines who He is and provides the yardstick by which to measure all other deities. Amazingly, there is no other god or goddess that measures up to this yardstick. Allah is the Supreme God against Whom all other deities fall short. In just four short verses, less than 20 words, every other deity that is, and has ever been, worshipped by man is shown to be inferior to Allah and therefore not worthy of worship.

He is Allah, (other than Whom) there is no god except He. He is The Knower of the Unseen and the Witnessed. He is The All-Merciful, The Ever-Merciful.

He is Allah than Whom there is La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He) the King, the Holy, the One Free from all defects, the Giver of security, the Watcher over His creatures, the All-Mighty, the Compeller, the Supreme. Glory be to Allah! (High is He) above all that they associate as partners with Him.

He is Allah, the Creator, the Inventor, the Fashioner; to Him belong the best names. Whatever is in the heavens and earth is exalting Him. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise. Surah 59 last 3 verses

I'm really grateful for your extensive reply, thank you.

I'd like to give a response from the Bible to your first 4 points, as a start.

You say to prove the 'logical concept of God':-

The best definition of God a Muslim can give you is from God himself Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;

The bible says ........"I am the Lord, and there is no other; Besides Me there is no God," (Isaiah 45:5)

As a Christian I believe in one God. As you know, in the Old Testament there are the ten commandments, two of which are..... 'I am the LORD thy God' and 'You will have no other gods before me'.

If I, as a Christian, put my faith in more than one god I am going against my own teachings. This is not what God says and this isn't what I believe. Christianity = 1 God.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You say - Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;

The bible says :- Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to each person according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.”

You say - The Self-Sufficient He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;

In the Quran it says :- “And she who guarded her chastity, so We breathed (a spirit) into her through Our angel, and We made her and her son (Jesus) a sign for the worlds.”[3] (Quran 21:91)

In the bible - Luke 1:26-38, we read

In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to the Galilean village of Nazareth to a virgin engaged to be married to a man descended from David. His name was Joseph, and the virgin’s name, Mary. Upon entering, Gabriel greeted her: Good morning! You’re beautiful with God’s beauty, Beautiful inside and out! God be with you. 29-33 She was thoroughly shaken, wondering what was behind a greeting like that. But the angel assured her, Mary, you have nothing to fear. God has a surprise for you: You will become pregnant and give birth to a son and call his name Jesus.He will be great, be called ‘Son of the Highest. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David; He will rule Jacob’s house forever— no end, ever, to his kingdom.” 34 Mary said to the angel, “But how? I’ve never slept with a man.” 35 The angel answered, The Holy Spirit will come upon you, the power of the Highest hover over you; Therefore, the child you bring to birth will be called Holy, Son of God. 36-38 “And did you know that your cousin Elizabeth conceived a son, old as she is? Everyone called her barren, and here she is six months pregnant! Nothing, you see, is impossible with God. And Mary said, Yes, I see it all now: I’m the Lord’s maid, ready to serve. Let it be with me just as you say. Then the angel left her.

Can you see, the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God..... This is THE message of the Christian faith. A virgin conceives a son, through the Spirit of God.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You say - And there is none like unto Him. Surah 112:1-4

The bible says about The Sovereignty of God

........There is none like You, O LORD; You are great, and great is Your name in might. 7 Who would not fear You, O King of the nations? Indeed it is Your due! For among all the wise men of the nations And in all their kingdoms, There is none like You (Jeremiah 10 v 6)

I think you will agree there is nothing there that is unique and wasn't said many years before in the bible.

Looking forward to your reply :smile:
Original post by Racoon
I'm really grateful for your extensive reply, thank you.

I'd like to give a response from the Bible to your first 4 points, as a start.

You say to prove the 'logical concept of God':-

The best definition of God a Muslim can give you is from God himself Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;

The bible says ........"I am the Lord, and there is no other; Besides Me there is no God," (Isaiah 45:5)

As a Christian I believe in one God. As you know, in the Old Testament there are the ten commandments, two of which are..... 'I am the LORD thy God' and 'You will have no other gods before me'.

If I, as a Christian, put my faith in more than one god I am going against my own teachings. This is not what God says and this isn't what I believe. Christianity = 1 God.

You say - Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;

The bible says :- Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to each person according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.”

You say - The Self-Sufficient He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;

In the Quran it says :- “And she who guarded her chastity, so We breathed (a spirit) into her through Our angel, and We made her and her son (Jesus) a sign for the worlds.”[3] (Quran 21:91)

In the bible - Luke 1:26-38, we read

In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to the Galilean village of Nazareth to a virgin engaged to be married to a man descended from David. His name was Joseph, and the virgin’s name, Mary. Upon entering, Gabriel greeted her: Good morning! You’re beautiful with God’s beauty, Beautiful inside and out! God be with you. 29-33 She was thoroughly shaken, wondering what was behind a greeting like that. But the angel assured her, Mary, you have nothing to fear. God has a surprise for you: You will become pregnant and give birth to a son and call his name Jesus.He will be great, be called ‘Son of the Highest. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David; He will rule Jacob’s house forever— no end, ever, to his kingdom.” 34 Mary said to the angel, “But how? I’ve never slept with a man.” 35 The angel answered, The Holy Spirit will come upon you, the power of the Highest hover over you; Therefore, the child you bring to birth will be called Holy, Son of God. 36-38 “And did you know that your cousin Elizabeth conceived a son, old as she is? Everyone called her barren, and here she is six months pregnant! Nothing, you see, is impossible with God. And Mary said, Yes, I see it all now: I’m the Lord’s maid, ready to serve. Let it be with me just as you say. Then the angel left her.

Can you see, the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God..... This is THE message of the Christian faith. A virgin conceives a son, through the Spirit of God.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You say - And there is none like unto Him. Surah 112:1-4

The bible says about The Sovereignty of God

........There is none like You, O LORD; You are great, and great is Your name in might. 7 Who would not fear You, O King of the nations? Indeed it is Your due! For among all the wise men of the nations And in all their kingdoms, There is none like You (Jeremiah 10 v 6)

I think you will agree there is nothing there that is unique and wasn't said many years before in the bible.

Looking forward to your reply :smile:

Excellent reply but what I meant in terms of unique is the way God is described in the Quran is a God free from imperfection .

Now I do not mean this is an offensive way please don't take it wrong this is not my intention. But some attributes given to God in the old testament are imperfect e.g

God repenting and regretting he made man

This means God is not all knowing

Quick Reply

Latest