The Student Room Group

HELP!! What uni is better????

Im applying for biology/biological sciences

I have already decided liverpool will be my firm but I am unsure on my insurance.
I am stuck between Lincoln and Nottingham Trent. I have visited both and like both however, in terms of reputation and the course and future prospects I'd like to know what's better.
Thanks
Reply 1
Help
Original post by Kayleighm18
Im applying for biology/biological sciences

I have already decided liverpool will be my firm but I am unsure on my insurance.
I am stuck between Lincoln and Nottingham Trent. I have visited both and like both however, in terms of reputation and the course and future prospects I'd like to know what's better.
Thanks

Hi Kayleigh :smile:

Great to hear that you have managed to narrow down your choices, I found this really difficult!

Reputation is a good basis for deciding which university to choose, I'd advise you to have a look at the league table for Biological Sciences. Our course at NTU does also have 100% satisfaction from students who study with us :biggrin:

But it's important to stress that reputation isn't everything. When you visited Lincoln and ourselves, what did you think? Just as your firm choice, it's important that you would feel comfortable at your insurance choice should you end up going there.

The city that the university is located in, things to do, as well as the accommodation available might also factor in to which university you decide to choose.

I hope this has helped, let me know if you have any questions :smile:

Chris - NTU Rep
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi Kayleigh :smile:

Great to hear that you have managed to narrow down your choices, I found this really difficult!

Reputation is a good basis for deciding which university to choose, I'd advise you to have a look at the league table for Biological Sciences. Our course NTU does also have 100% satisfaction from students who study with us :biggrin:

But it's important to stress that reputation isn't everything. When you visited Lincoln and ourselves, what did you think? Just as your firm choice, it's important that you would feel comfortable at your insurance choice should you end up going there.

The city that the university is located in, things to do as well as the accommodation available might also factor in to which university you decide to choose.

I hope this has helped, let me know if you have any questions :smile:

Chris - NTU Rep

Hi thanks for your reply! The only thing worrying me about NTU is the fact that if i study there i will be on clifton campus which is quite far away from the city? Can you tell me more about clifton campus please??
Hi thanks for your reply! The only thing worrying me about NTU is the fact that if i study there i will be on clifton campus which is quite far away from the city? Can you tell me more about clifton campus please??

Hey Kayleigh,

No problem at all, that's what I am here for! :biggrin:

I totally get your concerns, it may feel like you could be missing out but the City Campus is just 30 minutes away. There's a regular bus service that leaves from the Clifton campus every 10 minutes and these run until 3am. There's also a tram stop just a 10 minute walk away and is an even quicker way to get to the city centre.

Clifton has loads of facilities on campus including its own SU which is home to a cafe, bar and nightclub. The SU puts on loads of events throughout the week including comedy nights, pub quizes and clubnights.

There's a real great community feel at Clifton which means it gives you a great opportunity to meet a tonne of new people.

Don't feel like you may be confined to the Clifton campus though, especially in terms of going out. I know of loads of people who reguarly go out in the city centre and if there's a group of them, a taxi can cost as little as £2 each. :smile:

Of course, just because you'll be studying at Clifton does not mean you will be limited to the facilities there. Accommodation plus all of the City Campus facilities are open to students studying both in the City and at Clifton.

I lived with someone in first year (on City Campus) who commuted to Clifton for her studies, she did admit that the 9am's were a bit of a struggle to get up for but if you bear in mind that the average university week will consist of around 15 hours, it is manageable to commute!

Is there anything more specific you would like to know? Give me a shout if there is!

Hope this has helped :five:

Chris - NTU Rep
Reply 5
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hey Kayleigh,

No problem at all, that's what I am here for! :biggrin:

I totally get your concerns, it may feel like you could be missing out but the City Campus is just 30 minutes away. There's a regular bus service that leaves from the Clifton campus every 10 minutes and these run until 3am. There's also a tram stop just a 10 minute walk away and is an even quicker way to get to the city centre.

Clifton has loads of facilities on campus including its own SU which is home to a cafe, bar and nightclub. The SU puts on loads of events throughout the week including comedy nights, pub quizes and clubnights.

There's a real great community feel at Clifton which means it gives you a great opportunity to meet a tonne of new people.

Don't feel like you may be confined to the Clifton campus though, especially in terms of going out. I know of loads of people who reguarly go out in the city centre and if there's a group of them, a taxi can cost as little as £2 each. :smile:

Of course, just because you'll be studying at Clifton does not mean you will be limited to the facilities there. Accommodation plus all of the City Campus facilities are open to students studying both in the City and at Clifton.

I lived with someone in first year (on City Campus) who commuted to Clifton for her studies, she did admit that the 9am's were a bit of a struggle to get up for but if you bear in mind that the average university week will consist of around 15 hours, it is manageable to commute!

Is there anything more specific you would like to know? Give me a shout if there is!

Hope this has helped :five:

Chris - NTU Rep

Is the bus that you get free or charge or is it like a public transport one? Also, is clifton campus for all science students?
Is the bus that you get free or charge or is it like a public transport one? Also, is clifton campus for all science students?

The busses are run by Nottingham City Transport and fares cost from £2.70 for a single and £3.70 for an all-day ticket. Academic passes are available from £219 which works out at just £4.47 a week :biggrin:

If you were to choose to live in either Meridian Court or The Maltings accommodation, then the academic pass would come free!

You are correct, Clifton is home to all of our Science-specific courses, so great chance to be surrounded by like-minded people :smile:

Give me a shout if you have any questions!

Chris - NTU Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending