The Student Room Group

Ucas management application

I am predicted IB 39 points including bonus with 776 in HL.

I am applying to the following university:
LSE (requirement 38 766HL)
Warwick (requirement 38)
Kings college (requirement 35 766HL)
Manchester (requirement 35 665HL)
Bristol (requirement 34 665HL)

Do you guys think my choices are safe enough and which university do you think I stand a chance of getting in?

Thanksss
Hello! I am having the same struggle as well. But nobody is replying my thread :frown: I consulted my school UGC and I believe KC Manchester and Bristol are safe choices for you. I’m not sure about LSE and Warwick. Because what I’m stressing out is that people with 42+ are going to apply to unis like that too, of course unis would want to give offers to 42+ people than us 39s 😪 But I heard LSE views highly on Personal statement. I applied for LSE too!
Reply 2
Original post by natalieh2t
Hello! I am having the same struggle as well. But nobody is replying my thread :frown: I consulted my school UGC and I believe KC Manchester and Bristol are safe choices for you. I’m not sure about LSE and Warwick. Because what I’m stressing out is that people with 42+ are going to apply to unis like that too, of course unis would want to give offers to 42+ people than us 39s 😪 But I heard LSE views highly on Personal statement. I applied for LSE too!

I was worrying about that too! But then LSE is my dream school so I would definitely give it a try or else I will regret in the future. I am applying to management for all of them. What about you?

What university are u applying and what grades do u hv?

Thanks for your reply anyways!
My dream universities are Durham and UCL for Geography BA/ BSc, but I don’t know if a 38/45 can get me there. It’s a risky choice.

University Choices: UCL, St. Andrews, Durham, LSE, Manchester
Predicted IB Score: 38/45 ( English LaL HL 6, Geography HL 7, Art HL 7, Maths SL 5, Chinese LaL SL 5, Design Technology SL 6)
Reply 4
So your safety net is Manchester?

I was wondering where do you study becuz I saw you studying Chinese

Also have u submitted your application yet?
Yes. My safety is Manchester. I study in Hong Kong. I haven’t submitted my applications yet. Predictively, I’m going to apply in Late Nov. I’m worried that I have only 1 safety choice. But I don’t know which uni to add....
Original post by Mathyyy
I am predicted IB 39 points including bonus with 776 in HL.

I am applying to the following university:
LSE (requirement 38 766HL)
Warwick (requirement 38)
Kings college (requirement 35 766HL)
Manchester (requirement 35 665HL)
Bristol (requirement 34 665HL)

Do you guys think my choices are safe enough and which university do you think I stand a chance of getting in?

Thanksss

Ask yourself why you would NOT get offers from all five.
Reply 7
Original post by ageshallnot
Ask yourself why you would NOT get offers from all five.

When I was thinking about that question I can't really think of an answer for Bristol and Manchester to reject me :smile:

However, I think LSE is too unpredictable because they have a strange admission system where they sometimes reject the 45's and accept the lower grades
Reply 8
Yes. My safety is Manchester. I study in Hong Kong. I haven’t submitted my applications yet. Predictively, I’m going to apply in Late Nov. I’m worried that I have only 1 safety choice. But I don’t know which uni to add....

I study in Hong Kong too!
I think that you should swap st Andrew out and put in a safety net like Birmingham or exeter or bristol
My dream universities are Durham and UCL for Geography BA/ BSc, but I don’t know if a 38/45 can get me there. It’s a risky choice.

University Choices: UCL, St. Andrews, Durham, LSE, Manchester
Predicted IB Score: 38/45 ( English LaL HL 6, Geography HL 7, Art HL 7, Maths SL 5, Chinese LaL SL 5, Design Technology SL 6)

St Andrews should be fine tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
But then I searched the entry requirement for st Andrew geography and it needs 38 points which she
just barely meet the requirement.

Wouldn't it be too risky?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Mathyyy
But then I searched the entry requirement for st Andrew geography and it needs 38 points which she
just barely meet the requirement.

Wouldn't it be too risky?

My personal opinion is that if she has one safer option then it's chill. Was an Asian applicant last year and my list was relatively risky but ended up doing ok. I think if you really like the university you should go for it.

My predicted scores were 40 overall 666 HL Bio, Chem, English Lit SL 766 Chinese B, Psychology, Maths

I think your choices are fine as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Mathyyy
When I was thinking about that question I can't really think of an answer for Bristol and Manchester to reject me :smile:

However, I think LSE is too unpredictable because they have a strange admission system where they sometimes reject the 45's and accept the lower grades

There you go! :smile:

LSE put a great deal of weight on the personal statement, which probably accounts for some decisions which are regarded as strange.
Original post by Mathyyy
I study in Hong Kong too!
I think that you should swap st Andrew out and put in a safety net like Birmingham or exeter or bristol

I changed my choice from St. Andrews to glassgow! Think this would be safer 😆
Reply 14
I changed my choice from St. Andrews to glassgow! Think this would be safer 😆

Goodddd
Btw are u applying to any hk university?
Original post by Mathyyy
Goodddd
Btw are u applying to any hk university?

Yes!!! I am applying to HKUST only, for “Environmental Management and Technology”. You?
Reply 16
I am applying to hkust management, hkust marketing , hku international management, hku business administration and hku economics and finance
Reply 17
Original post by wolfmoon88
My personal opinion is that if she has one safer option then it's chill. Was an Asian applicant last year and my list was relatively risky but ended up doing ok. I think if you really like the university you should go for it.

My predicted scores were 40 overall 666 HL Bio, Chem, English Lit SL 766 Chinese B, Psychology, Maths

I think your choices are fine as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What course and university did you apply to and what offers did you get?
Original post by Mathyyy
What course and university did you apply to and what offers did you get?

Human Sciences at Oxford, UCL, Exeter and St Andrews for Sustainable Development and International Disaster Management and HR in Manchester. Offers from all except for Oxford but got an interview from there and from feedback was suggested that I didn't get in because of unsatisfactory performances in the interview not my grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending