The Student Room Group

Lonely

Early 20s, and I'm the only person I know (and I mean the only person) who hasn't had a relationship or had sex.

I'm not angry about this, but I do feel admittedly quite lonely sometimes. It is just me that's left to have these experiences.
Original post by Anonymous
Early 20s, and I'm the only person I know (and I mean the only person) who hasn't had a relationship or had sex.

I'm not angry about this, but I do feel admittedly quite lonely sometimes. It is just me that's left to have these experiences.

How often would you say you meet new people?

How much of an effort do you make to build on existing friendships? E.g. Messaging, meeting up etc
A lot of my friends have never been in relationships and they are in their late twenties. They are focused on career and enjoying their life.

I wouldn't focus on trying to find someone, just concentrate on making your life the best it can be. When you are confident, you will find it easier to find someone, later on.
I can understand what you feel, I haven't been in a relationship for a while and sometimes I think the same.
It can be great to be in a relationship but it can also be a hastle. You'll find someone some day, don't worry about it too much :smile: just try and make the most of it now, have fun, and you'll see things will just happen.
sucks that you can't find what you looking for... I am kind of in the same boat, never had a relationship and don't have a single friend
sucks when you can't find what you want... I am in the same boat, you're not alone. I never had a relationship nor a friend. life is just a joke
Reply 6
I have plenty of friends who I see regularly, and am introduced to new people a fair amount.

But still, nothing is happening. Been told for years that something 'will happen soon'. Indeed it will right?

Quick Reply

Latest