The Student Room Group

Feel so depressed and lonely at uni.

I have no one to talk to. I am always alone. I am too scared to join societies as I was bullied at school and have no social confidence. I will be on my own and lonely forever.
Original post by Anonymous
I have no one to talk to. I am always alone. I am too scared to join societies as I was bullied at school and have no social confidence. I will be on my own and lonely forever.

Your university will have a nightline service. Please ring them (and if they are helpful then think about volunteering with them - you’ll be trained and your future bff could be volunteering there too)
Reply 2
One of my friends got a pen pal when she was feeling down about not having so many people in her corner. You can find them online where different companies set you up with a pen pal. It really helped her it was someone to always talk too. And its really fun.

Also maybe volunteer at a hospital or an animal shelter or something. You can meet really cool people their! I think you would also benefit from from joining a society. Maybe not like rugby or something but maybe something like yoga or film society? their not as rowdy and don't necessarily require an abundance of interaction with other people because your focused on something else but it does also give you the chance to meet people and make friends.

Your school may also have a type of night line where you phone up and just talk to someone. My school have one of these and it really helps. It really helped on of my friends before I new her when she was feeling really lonely. I definitely recommend it or at least something similar even if its something like sessions at your schools student support centre.

You are definitely not alone in feeling lonely at university and it does get better, but the bit that sucks is that to make it better you have to force yourself into situations that you don't like.

Reply 3
if times get hard always know that you can pm me , i'll be happy to listen :console::console::hello::heart::hugs::hugs::lovehug:

gigi xo
Reply 4
Original post by study beats
drop out

Why would you tell him/her to do that?

Hey there,

I know how you feel.

I spent basically my entire time at school trying to be different people, just to be accepted, to feel welcome and liked by everyone.

I had no confidence at school...

Said all the wrong things

and it was all a learning curve for me.

When I got to university, it was a chance to turn over a new leaf, so I did.

You just need to be yourself, try and be friendly, show kindness and compassion. SMILE at people.

You won't be alone!

But you must go out, join societies, try new sports that you like.

Don't worry about anyone else, just focus on yourself! AND I PROMISE YOU, you will find like-minded people who love you and accept you for who you are.

The fake ones will come and go. They need to get lose cause they're not worth your time.

They'll try to tear you down, so don't let em.

I made a video on my youtube channel summarising all of this:

[video="youtube;BM_-PkreJ3E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM_-PkreJ3E[/video]

Hope it helps you out :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending