The Student Room Group

Anyone like the Hoosiers ??

If not, why not ? they’re the greatest and ur missing out of u haven’t listened to them xox

Scroll to see replies

Love them! I saw them in October on their trick to life 10 year anniversary tour!
Reply 2
Original post by mfinah
If not, why not ? they’re the greatest and ur missing out of u haven’t listened to them xox

Yes but they seemed to have disappeared.
Reply 3
Original post by iodo345
Yes but they seemed to have disappeared.

I went to see them in concert last month !! they were soooo good :’)
Reply 4
Original post by Judemayes77
Love them! I saw them in October on their trick to life 10 year anniversary tour!

yesss omd so did I !!! they’re so good aren’t they !! 💛
Reply 5
Original post by mfinah
I went to see them in concert last month !! they were soooo good :’)

Cool! Where was that?

I remember them in 2008 when they had Goodbye Mr A and it was the most popular in school LOL.

I think they also had worried about Ray. I honestly thought they broke up.
Reply 6
Original post by iodo345
Cool! Where was that?

I remember them in 2008 when they had Goodbye Mr A and it was the most popular in school LOL.

Hahah yeah they have gone rlly quite now tbh!! It was in Stroud it was a really small concert though there was only like 100 ppl there I think.
Original post by iodo345
Cool! Where was that?

I saw them in Guildford, only a small venue though, 250 max. They have just finished* a tour of the country
Reply 8
I saw them in Guildford, only a small venue though, 250 max. They have just finished* a tour of the country

Oh cool! I thought they were fading away somewhat.

If they did another tour I would probably go if it was close.

I only know their two main songs though.
Original post by iodo345

Try listening to their first album and their song "choices" there pretty good!
Reply 10

I saw them in Stroud and it was so tiny, getting to the front was super easy and Irwin was smiling at us so much it was so nice ahah
Reply 11
Try listening to their first album and their song "choices" there pretty good!

Their album “The News from Nowhere” is really good too, fidget brain is a right bop
Reply 12
Original post by iodo345

They’re super good, all their albums are on Spotify I’m p sure !! My fave song’s probably “up to no good” u should check it out !!!
Original post by mfinah
They’re super good, all their albums are on Spotify I’m p sure !! My fave song’s probably “up to no good” u should check it out !!!

Yeah I think I will it is a shame they lost their popularity as they were fairly big at one time.

I prefer goodbye mr A I like the backstory to that song and the reason it was written.
I remember when they first came out, they were pretty popular. They played at my Freshers Ball so it gives me memories if I hear their songs. I haven't heard any of their recent material though.
Original post by iodo345
Yeah I think I will it is a shame they lost their popularity as they were fairly big at one time.

I prefer goodbye mr A I like the backstory to that song and the reason it was written.

What was the backstory?
Reply 16
Original post by iodo345

Yeah I like Goodbye Mr A too tbh it’s a classic, I was just suggesting some new stuff if u new their classics !! Xx
Original post by cheesecakelove
What was the backstory?

It was apparently written to the lead singer's old English teacher who died I think they were called mr Anderson hence the Mr A.

I think the full details are on the internet but it explains the lyrics to the song.
Original post by mfinah
Yeah I like Goodbye Mr A too tbh it’s a classic, I was just suggesting some new stuff if u new their classics !! Xx

Yeah I heard some of their other songs which are still good to liten to after all these years LOL.

Cops and robbers is quite good. I'm sure I had their album or something I would have to dig it out.
Reply 19
Original post by iodo345
Yeah I heard some of their other songs which are still good to liten to after all these years LOL.

Cops and robbers is quite good. I'm sure I had their album or something I would have to dig it out.

Yesss omd it’s soo good, I did my year 6 dance show to it when I was in junior school!! That was so long ago ahaha

Quick Reply

Latest