The Student Room Group

Alone for my 18th birthday

I'm turning 18 this weekend and I have no one to spend it with not even family and it has me really bummed out because it's my first birthday alone and my only plan was to go out and by lottery tickets and scratch tickets which is kinda lame( You have to be 18 to buy those here otherwise you get in trouble).
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by btrand123
I'm turning 18 this weekend and I have no one to spend it with not even family and it has me really bummed out because it's my first birthday alone and my only plan was to go out and by lottery tickets and scratch tickets which is kinda lame.

You know you can do those things at 16, right?
I'm turning 18 this weekend and I have no one to spend it with not even family and it has me really bummed out because it's my first birthday alone and my only plan was to go out and by lottery tickets and scratch tickets which is kinda lame.

Are you buying lotto tickets/scratch cards because you're 18, or do you do it normally?

Just curious, because you are legally allowed to buy them at the age of 16.
Reply 3
Original post by Blue_Cow
Are you buying lotto tickets/scratch cards because you're 18, or do you do it normally?

Just curious, because you are legally allowed to buy them at the age of 16.

Here you can only buy them once your 18. You get fined or arrested for selling to someone underage
Here you can only buy them once your 18. You get fined or arrested for selling to someone underage

You must be living outside of the UK then.
Reply 5
Original post by Blue_Cow
You must be living outside of the UK then.

Yea im from Canada

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending