The Student Room Group

how do you revise for science gcse?

i really need help with my GCSE. i am in year 11 and have got mocks this December and currently have been revising for maths but i'm totally unsure on how to revise for science. i am doing double award higher and would like some advice on how to revise. thank you x
My best advice would be to start with the concepts and topics. Start by making some notes on the different topics just so you have the knowledge there, and once you've done that, you can move on to ensuring you know the concepts well! I think with science, it's important you do past paper questions. This is the best way to see if you do or don't understand a topic and will quickly outline your strengths and weaknesses in the curriculum! Maybe watch some explanation videos on YouTube as that could really help. It all depends on what methods work best for you :h:
Reply 2
Original post by Changing Skies
My best advice would be to start with the concepts and topics. Start by making some notes on the different topics just so you have the knowledge there, and once you've done that, you can move on to ensuring you know the concepts well! I think with science, it's important you do past paper questions. This is the best way to see if you do or don't understand a topic and will quickly outline your strengths and weaknesses in the curriculum! Maybe watch some explanation videos on YouTube as that could really help. It all depends on what methods work best for you :h:

thank you for the reply!. i am revising by making notes in a book from my revision guide then all i have to do is learn it off by heart. however i used this method in may and got myself 4/3 in my science exams which is good but the information stays in the short term memory and therefore i quickly forget everything.
I found when I did my GCSE sciences, the best way to revise was just making a ton of flash cards and go over them. This technique worked well for me, since I left revision until less than a month before exams:s-smilie: therefore this might be a useful technique before your mocks because then the flashcards are ready made for your real exams!

Original post by mariax__x
i really need help with my GCSE. i am in year 11 and have got mocks this December and currently have been revising for maths but i'm totally unsure on how to revise for science. i am doing double award higher and would like some advice on how to revise. thank you x
Reply 4
Original post by Federer19
I found when I did my GCSE sciences, the best way to revise was just making a ton of flash cards and go over them. This technique worked well for me, since I left revision until less than a month before exams:s-smilie: therefore this might be a useful technique before your mocks because then the flashcards are ready made for your real exams!

thank you for your reply. what grade did you get for science in GCSE?
Original post by mariax__x
thank you for your reply. what grade did you get for science in GCSE?

I got 2 A'S (Chem & Physics) and a B (Bio).
Considering the fact you're starting revising now you will be able to well exceed this!! Just don't do what I did and wait until like 3 weeks before!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest