The Student Room Group

Migrant worker

Hi,

I wonder if you could help me. It's a long one.

I have applied for Migrant worker SFE in July 2017. I have applied for tuition and maintenance lone and I have also lived and worked in UK since June 2015.

So after I applied I received multiple letters asking me for a documents such as P60s, payslips and contract of employment. I provided all of these, so SFE approved my my fundings for both tuition and maintenance as well.
I worked and lived in London and my uni is distant 3 hours away from there, so obviously I had to move to uni town and change thejob. So I moved found another job and UNI confirmed my attendance.

SFE asked me to prove my employment after the 1st of sept and also send the payslip. I did so and I send my P45 and new contract of employment for 24hours a week.

Now in the new job my 24 hours was never delivered, I worked there for 2,5 weeks. The first of 15 hours, second 26 hours and the last week of 21 hours. Than I had to leave as they were unorganised and never delivered what was promised. I found a new job within 2 weeks, now I work for 24 hours every week.

Despite all this my SF has been approved for weeks, I have provided everything what was requested but my payments are still blocked.
I spoke with one of SF advisers and was told to wait until the 1st of Nov, however the other day a letter came through confirming (again) all my finance with dates of payments which were meant to be made back in the October. But when I log into my account my payments are still blocked. On all the the letters and on my account, it says I am eligible for fundings, that everything has been confirmed and don't have to do anything now, but my payments are still block even though my evidence has been processed a days ago.
Every time I call SF they tell me something else.
It is incredibly frustrating as I have to pay a rent and bills and focus on UNI and work and I am waiting for something but have no idea for what.

Thank you for your help in advance.
Original post by ufel
Hi,

I wonder if you could help me. It's a long one.

I have applied for Migrant worker SFE in July 2017. I have applied for tuition and maintenance lone and I have also lived and worked in UK since June 2015.

So after I applied I received multiple letters asking me for a documents such as P60s, payslips and contract of employment. I provided all of these, so SFE approved my my fundings for both tuition and maintenance as well.
I worked and lived in London and my uni is distant 3 hours away from there, so obviously I had to move to uni town and change thejob. So I moved found another job and UNI confirmed my attendance.

SFE asked me to prove my employment after the 1st of sept and also send the payslip. I did so and I send my P45 and new contract of employment for 24hours a week.

Now in the new job my 24 hours was never delivered, I worked there for 2,5 weeks. The first of 15 hours, second 26 hours and the last week of 21 hours. Than I had to leave as they were unorganised and never delivered what was promised. I found a new job within 2 weeks, now I work for 24 hours every week.

Despite all this my SF has been approved for weeks, I have provided everything what was requested but my payments are still blocked.
I spoke with one of SF advisers and was told to wait until the 1st of Nov, however the other day a letter came through confirming (again) all my finance with dates of payments which were meant to be made back in the October. But when I log into my account my payments are still blocked. On all the the letters and on my account, it says I am eligible for fundings, that everything has been confirmed and don't have to do anything now, but my payments are still block even though my evidence has been processed a days ago.
Every time I call SF they tell me something else.
It is incredibly frustrating as I have to pay a rent and bills and focus on UNI and work and I am waiting for something but have no idea for what.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Hi Ufel,

Were you been advised to send any further evidence when you last called?

If you have switched employers again this is something we will again need evidence of. The evidence received regarding your last employer if it has been approved then we would expect payments to go ahead as normal, it may be the blocked flag was never removed from your account.

I would suggest again, calling us on 0300 100 0607 and we can look into this further.

Warm regards,

Shaun.
Reply 2
Hi Shaun,

Thanks for getting back to me.

So I called your support today, and was told to send payslips from previous job and documents for the new one, what I will do but...

The guy on the phone told me that they have no set up criteria such as min hours or minimum wages that I have to work to be eligible for status of migrant worker which seems very unlikely to me..is that right ?..., Now my question is when I applied I was working full time of 37hours a week, then my application was approved and now my working hours dropped down massively as I study but I am still working,
How is this going to affect my entitlement ? is there any chance that I won't be eligible for maintenance loan after my new documentation will be assessed? and It won't affect my tuition fee as I'm EU student with no requirement for visa.?

Many thanks , and sorry if it's confusing, I'm lost myself...
Original post by ufel
Hi Shaun,

Thanks for getting back to me.

So I called your support today, and was told to send payslips from previous job and documents for the new one, what I will do but...

The guy on the phone told me that they have no set up criteria such as min hours or minimum wages that I have to work to be eligible for status of migrant worker which seems very unlikely to me..is that right ?..., Now my question is when I applied I was working full time of 37hours a week, then my application was approved and now my working hours dropped down massively as I study but I am still working,
How is this going to affect my entitlement ? is there any chance that I won't be eligible for maintenance loan after my new documentation will be assessed? and It won't affect my tuition fee as I'm EU student with no requirement for visa.?

Many thanks , and sorry if it's confusing, I'm lost myself...

Hi ufel,

Even if the number of hours has been reduced, you may still be eligible to continued support as a Migrant Worker.

There is no set minimum wage or hours you need to work, all evidence will be reviewed in a case by case basis by an assessor, to determine eligibility.

Currently Migrant Worker evidence is taking up to an estimated 36 working days to be reviewed.

As an EU National, you can be confident you will still be entitled to the Tuition Fee Loan.

Thanks Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending