The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Access to Leeds offer

I've recently had my ucas updated to include an access to Leeds offer, which lowers my grade boundaries if I pass this course through a scheme through access to Leeds (on the conditition I put it as my first choice). Just wondering if anyone has done this and can give me a bit more insight? It would really benefit me, however it means putting my second choice as a university with possible higher entry requirements if I pass the course. I have applied to study politics.
Thankyou!
Original post by rebecca013
I've recently had my ucas updated to include an access to Leeds offer, which lowers my grade boundaries if I pass this course through a scheme through access to Leeds (on the conditition I put it as my first choice). Just wondering if anyone has done this and can give me a bit more insight? It would really benefit me, however it means putting my second choice as a university with possible higher entry requirements if I pass the course. I have applied to study politics.
Thankyou!

If you were to fail Access to Leeds but gain the A Level grades needed for the second university anyway, you'd be fine. Can you give the specific entry requirements?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
I would put Leeds as my first choice which is AAB without access to Leeds and BBB with it, and then Liverpool as my second which is ABB.
I would put Leeds as my first choice which is AAB without access to Leeds and BBB with it, and then Liverpool as my second which is ABB.

Ahh, gotcha. Right, in that case let's assume you put Leeds as your firm and Liverpool as your insurance - there are a number of possibilities:

Scenario 1: You get AAB, but don't pass Access to Leeds. You will end up at Leeds on the basis of normal entry standards.
Scenario 2: You pass Access to Leeds and get BBB or higher. You end up at Leeds based on their Access requirements..
Scenario 3: You fail Access to Leeds and get ABB. You will end up at Liverpool unless Leeds specifically let you in with ABB.
Scenario 4: You either pass or fail Access to Leeds, but get lower than BBB. Unless at either uni's discretion, you don't get a place.
Reply 4
Original post by CastCuraga
Ahh, gotcha. Right, in that case let's assume you put Leeds as your firm and Liverpool as your insurance - there are a number of possibilities:

Scenario 1: You get AAB, but don't pass Access to Leeds. You will end up at Leeds on the basis of normal entry standards.
Scenario 2: You pass Access to Leeds and get BBB or higher. You end up at Leeds based on their Access requirements..
Scenario 3: You fail Access to Leeds and get ABB. You will end up at Liverpool unless Leeds specifically let you in with ABB.
Scenario 4: You either pass or fail Access to Leeds, but get lower than BBB. Unless at either uni's discretion, you don't get a place.

I was wondering what would happen if I was to get AAC or something along these lines as I know Liverpool are a bit more lenient, but I'm not sure on Leeds attitudes I guess that would be something I would have to ask. Thankyou for your help though!
I was wondering what would happen if I was to get AAC or something along these lines as I know Liverpool are a bit more lenient, but I'm not sure on Leeds attitudes I guess that would be something I would have to ask. Thankyou for your help though!

Really depends on the subject and the person in charge, I got an offer last year for History one grade under so it's not unheard of :smile:

All depends on the intake, if they need to fill places they'd accept a grade lower for that year, (My year they took a lot of BBB's for ABB courses), but if say 80% of their places end up full with people who have the required grades, they wouldn't take a lower result and just open for clearing/adjustment
Original post by CastCuraga
Really depends on the subject and the person in charge, I got an offer last year for History one grade under so it's not unheard of :smile:

I’m applying for history and am predicted AAC with the c in biology so it’s kinda irrelevant, with the access to Leeds the offer is ABB, do you think I’d get in if my alevels were AAC
Original post by Amelia-grace4
I’m applying for history and am predicted AAC with the c in biology so it’s kinda irrelevant, with the access to Leeds the offer is ABB, do you think I’d get in if my alevels were AAC

Hey what happened -did you get in then!? & what grades did you end up with

Quick Reply

Latest