The Student Room Group

Personal statement help

I'm applying for a degree Apprenticeship in digital and Technology Solutions and I dont know how to start my PS
I know I'm writing it for the employer but do I mention anything about the course as well. Can anyone give me questions that I can answer?
Also I'm worried I won't have enough to write about. I don't do any extra curricular activity and don't really have any hobbies except listening to music watching YouTube videos and occasionally baking is fun but not a hobby. I literally have nothing to write about and my tutor at college is expecting a first draft by Monday.
Do you genuinely like Digital and Technology Solutions?
Original post by derpylasagna
Do you genuinely like Digital and Technology Solutions?

Meh, not too bothered as long as I get a degree. It's mostly general stuff anyways and I'd rather go straight into a job but it's better to have a degree in IT related jobs so I can progress.

Do you have any advice about my PS?
Original post by It'sEverydayBro
Meh, not too bothered as long as I get a degree. It's mostly general stuff anyways and I'd rather go straight into a job but it's better to have a degree in IT related jobs so I can progress.

Then it might be difficult for you to write a PS. Unless you can really think of something that interests you and such I don't think you'll be able to write a good PS, unless you BS.

You can start by researching the course and see which parts of it you'd want to write about.
Then it might be difficult for you to write a PS. Unless you can really think of something that interests you and such I don't think you'll be able to write a good PS, unless you BS.

But isn't the PS supposed to be aimed towards the employer not the university? Do I need to talk about the course or not?

Ahaha what kind of stuff could I BS to get me employed so I can do the degree?
But isn't the PS supposed to be aimed towards the employer not the university? Do I need to talk about the course or not?

Ahaha what kind of stuff could I BS to get me employed so I can do the degree?

Are you using your PS to apply to a course? Is this for an undergrad degree or? As for the BS part, I'm not too sure.
Are you using your PS to apply to a course? Is this for an undergrad degree or? As for the BS part, I'm not too sure.

It's for a degree Apprenticeship which is 4 days worth of day release from uni to go to the employer and 1 day a week in uni You get paid as well lmao. It's more like a job than uni but I still have to write a PS for the employer but idk what to put.
It's for a degree Apprenticeship which is 4 days worth of day release from uni to go to the employer and 1 day a week in uni You get paid as well lmao. It's more like a job than uni but I still have to write a PS for the employer but idk what to put.

I don't think I can help you out then since I am more familiar with undergrad PSs.
I don't think I can help you out then since I am more familiar with undergrad PSs.

Okay thanks anyways ahaha
Let's hope someone else can help although I don't think anyone else will answer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending