The Student Room Group

Which University? Computer science

Hello everyone,

First time here. I'm a student from China , and have decided to learn Msc computer science in uk for one year.

I've applied to and received offers from

Warwick, Sheffield, Glasgow.

Which one ? please !

By the way, l also applied to UCL , Edinburgh ,Bristol.
They don'y reply me yet.

Thanks a lot !
Original post by Anderbone
Hello everyone,

First time here. I'm a student from China , and have decided to learn Msc computer science in uk for one year.

I've applied to and received offers from

Warwick, Sheffield, Glasgow.

Which one ? please !

By the way, l also applied to UCL , Edinburgh ,Bristol.
They don'y reply me yet.

Thanks a lot !

What sort of study environment are you looking for? Would you want to stay in halls or find your own accommodation?
What are the various specialities/optional choices available on each MSc? Do any of them particularly appeal to you? What sort of topics have students on the various courses chosen for their masters thesis? Do any of those appeal to you?
What do you want to gain from your degree? Is it to improve employability in China? If so you might be best to get recommendations from employers in China rather than students in UK.
Reply 2
Thanks bro.I just thought students here may know something more. I don't care too much about accommodation and l suppose maybe the study environment in those universities is similar. The most important part is always myself.I want to improve my employability in China for sure but that's not all. I did some search before and it seems Warwick is a little better.
Original post by Anderbone
Thanks bro.I just thought students here may know something more. I don't care too much about accommodation and l suppose maybe the study environment in those universities is similar. The most important part is always myself.I want to improve my employability in China for sure but that's not all. I did some search before and it seems Warwick is a little better.

If it means anything, from what I've seen Warwick has a significant Chinese population so that may help you feel more at home.

The maths/computer science departments at Warwick are right next to each other so you'll have plenty of opportunities to meet other Chinese people during your course of study.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending