The Student Room Group

Should I confront her about a white lie?

I am probably really over thinking this but just wanted an opinion.

I'm seeing this girl at the moment and it's going really well. We went on a third date yesterday. After she had gone home she asked me if I wanted to take her to sixth form today, rather than her getting the bus, I said yeah that'd be nice.
Then an hour later she texted me to say her dad was going to drive her and she couldn't refuse him.

I know she is lying and got the bus. I don't know why she changed her mind on me taking her to college but it doesn't really matter, it's her choice. What bothers me is the lying. No it's not a massive lie, but I don't want to be made to feel like an idiot, I don't want her to think I'll just believe anything she tells me.

Do I ask her about it when I next talk to her? Like I said I'm probably over thinking it but currently she's thinking I am gullible...
Reply 1
how do you know she is lying?
Reply 2
Original post by ANM775
how do you know she is lying?

Well it was pretty obvious as she gave such a bad reason yesterday and then when I was texting her this morning her phones location was on the bus route... like I said it's not a big deal but I know she lied and don't really want her to keep thinking I am gullible
How do you know that she’s lying? Unless you followed her to see she caught the bus
There could be lots of reasons, one being she’s not ready for you to meet her parents
Original post by Anonymous

I'm seeing this girl at the moment and it's going really well. We went on a third date yesterday. After she had gone home she asked me if I wanted to take her to sixth form today, rather than her getting the bus, I said yeah that'd be nice.
Then an hour later she texted me to say her dad was going to drive her and she couldn't refuse him.

I know she is lying and got the bus. I don't know why she changed her mind on me taking her to college but it doesn't really matter, it's her choice. What bothers me is the lying. No it's not a massive lie, but I don't want to be made to feel like an idiot, I don't want her to think I'll just believe anything she tells me.

Do I ask her about it when I next talk to her? Like I said I'm probably over thinking it but currently she's thinking I am gullible...

Ask her 'how was your journey this morning? There's been a lot of traffic at this time since it's rush hour. Hope you got to college on time..'
Reply 5
Original post by Sammylou40
How do you know that she’s lying? Unless you followed her to see she caught the bus
There could be lots of reasons, one being she’s not ready for you to meet her parents

Doesn't really bother me why she changed her mind but no that wouldn't have been the reason, she said she was gonna walk over to my house.

Probably the reason is just her being embarrassed being seen with me dropping her off. I don't mind I just don't like her thinking I will believe her lies. And if I do that now maybe it avoids more lies in future.
Reply 6
Well it was pretty obvious as she gave such a bad reason yesterday and then when I was texting her this morning her phones location was on the bus route... like I said it's not a big deal but I know she lied and don't really want her to keep thinking I am gullible

this doesn't sound like hard evidence to me, how do you know her dad didn't drive that way?

tbh even if she is lying, it's such a minor lie imo that i'd just leave it..

I mean everyone lies to some extent, even if it's saying "yes, i'm ok" to someone asking if you're alright when you're not.

I wouldn't make an issue out of such an insignificant lie without hard evidence if it were me.............

Spoiler

Reply 7
Original post by ANM775
this doesn't sound like hard evidence to me, how do you know her dad didn't drive that way?

tbh even if she is lying, it's such a minor lie imo that i'd just leave it..

I mean everyone lies to some extent, even if it's saying "yes, i'm ok" to someone asking if you're alright when you're not.

I wouldn't make an issue out of such an insignificant lie without hard evidence if it were me.............

Spoiler

Because the bus goes in completely the wrong direction before it gets there. trust me I am right, I just want opinions on what to say.

I'll leave it alone as it's not an issue but I'll Just casually mention it next time she tells me how good at lying she is. Lol
How come you decided to check her phone's location?
Reply 9
Original post by DrawTheLine

tbh I'm wondering why/how he even has access to her location data....

Do I ask her about it when I next talk to her? Like I said I'm probably over thinking it but currently, she's thinking I am gullible...

Confront her. There are many reasons, the best scenario is that she is testing you to see how much she can play with you around her little finger, and it can be still a naughty innocent thing. You do not need to be aggressive, and just ask her kindly what you have done that has made her so insecure about telling you the truth about such a mundane stuff. Make a written agreement between each other on a paper, about all the aspects of your relationship. I know you are not married but if you have feelings for her you must act like a man, she too as a responsible woman. So write your frame lines about everything important(Finance, Spending, Job, Extend of sharing etc etc) If you do not face this now, I promise she will surprise you with bigger hide & seeks.
Reply 11
Original post by inspwritre
Make a written agreement between each other on a paper, about all the aspects of your relationship.

https://tinyurl.com/y75n6b8b
Original post by DrawTheLine

I just checked to see if she was online and it showed her being on the bus route

Original post by inspwritre
Confront her. There are many reasons, the best scenario is that she is testing you to see how much she can play with you around her little finger, and it can be still a naughty innocent thing. You do not need to be aggressive, and just ask her kindly what you have done that has made her so insecure about telling you the truth about such a mundane stuff. Make a written agreement between each other on a paper, about all the aspects of your relationship. I know you are not married but if you have feelings for her you must act like a man, she too as a responsible woman. So write your frame lines about everything important(Finance, Spending, Job, Extend of sharing etc etc) If you do not face this now, I promise she will surprise you with bigger hide & seeks.

Not married, no not quite lol. Only been seeing her a couple weeks and don't know what we are atm. But yes I agree with your point, I don't want her to think I will just believe anything she says.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending