The Student Room Group

Do you think weed should be legalized in the UK? Why/Why not?

Yes

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dazee__
Yes

I would rather people did not spend money on things like cigarettes etc unless they had jobs :s-smilie:
No, because it stinks horribly.
Yes because the fact it's illegal doesn't stop it being used it just means the stuff kids use is tainted with horrible stuff which does them harm. Legalising it means it can be properly produced so other substances aren't mixed in. Weed has a lot of benefits, and is much less harmful than alcohol. Instead of simply making it illegal and leaving it at that, legalise it so kids aren't smoking god knows what, and teach kids properly on the dangers of smoking it, as is done now with cigarettes and drinking alcohol. Making it illegal doesn't stop it from being used, just leaves it unregulated and full of god knows what else so the kids who do use it are putting countless other things into their bodies
I think all drugs should be legalised and sold in pharmacies. They'd be pure meaning less of a danger to users, thus reducing some strain on the NHS; they could be taxed, which would be good for the economy; drug-related crime would be reduced. If people are gonna do drugs then they're gonna get them regardless, so I don't believe that having them OTC would increase drug use significantly. It'd also be a good idea to make it mandatory to attend a consultation on safe usage of the drugs that you're interested in, in order to obtain a licence to buy those drugs, since a huge problem is people buying and taking things they've not researched and often end up taking too much or mixing it with things they shouldn't.
(edited 6 years ago)
it would be another nail in the coffin of our wonderful country.
No weed can KILL YOU
Original post by Anonymous
No weed can KILL YOU

Weed can't kill you
Original post by EmmaRebecca1997
Weed can't kill you

Of course it can. Almost anything can kill you if you take too much of it. Even water.
Legalise it all, discipline>repression, do it if you want but know that effecting your brain chemistry in anyway is bad for you
Original post by yudothis
Of course it can. Almost anything can kill you if you take too much of it. Even water.

There has never been a confirmed death due to weed. For weed to kill you, you would need to ingest around 1,500 pounds of weed in 15 minutes. So yes you're right, but it's impossible for someone to ingest that amount of weed unless they were just straight up eating handfuls of weed non stop for 15 minutes which people don't do.
There has never been a confirmed death due to weed. For weed to kill you, you would need to ingest around 1,500 pounds of weed in 15 minutes. So yes you're right, but it's impossible for someone to ingest that amount of weed unless they were just straight up eating handfuls of weed non stop for 15 minutes which people don't do.

Surely someone must have been high and accidentally died.
Yes for hospitals, etc.
Reply 13

Strangely enough that still isn't death by weed though.
Reply 14
There's no point in making it illegal either. My friends buy and sell and smoke weeds and they're like 14. So, people are still going to smoke it anyway, even underage, and people always find a way to illegally supply weeds to kids. If they're illegal, it strongly needs to be controlled otherwise just make them legal. Let people do whatever they want and destroy their own life. Not trying to be rude but my friends got help and counsellings and got into trouble from school but still smokes like nothing happened. Weeds are expensive and just not good for you.

And how many people have been drunk and died? Can't use that as an argument to make weed illegal whilst alcohol is legal
Yes. It has many health benefits.
Yes. Because I want some.
Yes, because of the health benefits and people should be allowed to enjoy it for recreational use as they desire.
And how many people have been drunk and died? Can't use that as an argument to make weed illegal whilst alcohol is legal

I agree.

You need to stop inferring. I never said I am against the legalization of weed. I just pointed out that weed can kill. Like everything really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending