The Student Room Group

Who is the the smartest person on this forum in your imo?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by I hate maths
Is TeeEm the same person as T. Madas? If so, then yeah absolutely huge shout out to him.

Wait what?! I actually did not know he was behind this page all along (although to be fair I didn't use it, physicsandmathstutor was my home sweet home during A Levels)

Original post by Notnek
He is very maths smart and his resources are great. Shame about the comment on his homepage though...

Ah yes I see what you mean by that 'comment', quite a debatable opinion but he's done a very good job on providing resources overall.
Original post by 408655
where would you recommend I go on holiday? :holmes:

I’d recommend Sierra Leone because it’s a wonderful and amazing country 😍
I've watched three episodes of rick and Morty so probably me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by ManLike007

Ah yes I see what you mean by that 'comment', quite a debatable opinion but he's done a very good job on providing resources overall.

It's pretty childish and I was very surprised when I first saw it. Saying TSR has "little educational value" after he helped thousands of students in the maths forum was the strangest part.
Original post by Notnek
It's pretty childish and I was very surprised when I first saw it. Saying TSR has "little educational value" after he helped thousands of students in the maths forum was the strangest part.

I disagree with that part of his statement, I mean I've personally learned a lot in a little time from TSR and meeting some crazy smart people on here really puts things into perspective. But reading some of the stuff concerning his departure on his page, it does kinda look like he was mucked about with a bit.
Reply 25
Original post by Kevin Hodge
I’d recommend Sierra Leone because it’s a wonderful and amazing country 😍

Interesting recommendation :wink:
There was a person who achieved full UMS in ALL Maths modules for the AQA exam board (in 2 years!) and went on to study Mathematics at Cambridge. He used to post here, can't remember his name though.
I feel like ones ability to construct arguments and defend them is good sign of intelligence. I can't remember his name, but there was this poster who had this image of this angry almost constipated baby who looked like his head was about to explode. He'd argue odd positions, usually starting thread stating his position. In those threads he'd usually beat out every individual poster with excellent arguments. I strongly disagreed with his point, but admired his intelligence.
This forum no longer attracts anything like the rarefied, donnish intellectual calibre of its 2003-2010 vintage: true scholars such as Kolya, Musicbloke, Svidrigailov, Da Bachtopus and the rest of that erudite post-graduate set are but a halcyon memory.

So, in answer to the thread: no-one recent.
Original post by Pidge Gunderson
There was a person who achieved full UMS in ALL Maths modules for the AQA exam board (in 2 years!) and went on to study Mathematics at Cambridge. He used to post here, can't remember his name though.

Do you mean they got full marks in only the necessary amount of exams to get an a-level in maths or did they sit exams literally every available module?
This year across all my A Levels I got:

1089/1100. All essay based.
11 marks lost from 28 essays (Full marks in 26).

I know TSR sucks up to STEM but I’m pretty sure my achievement is unheard of.

MANS NOT DUMB.
But on a real, grades don’t mean raw intellect I just thought I’d share my accolade.

Although I always get double digit correct answers on Univeristy Challege, so I think qualify as a genius.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by awkwardshortguy
Do you mean they got full marks in only the necessary amount of exams to get an a-level in maths or did they sit exams literally every available module?

The latter.
M1-M5
C1-C4
D1-2
S1-3
FP1-4
Reply 33
Original post by GovernmentEarner
This year across all my A Levels I got:

1089/1100. All essay based.
11 marks lost from 28 essays (Full marks in 26).

I know TSR sucks up to STEM but I’m pretty sure my achievement is unheard of.

MANS NOT DUMB.
But on a real, grades don’t mean raw intellect I just thought I’d share my accolade.

Although I always get double digit correct answers on Univeristy Challege, so I think qualify as a genius.

You'll need to improve your grammar/punctuation if you want to be considered the smartest person on TSR.
Original post by Notnek
You'll need to improve your grammar/punctuation if you want to be considered the smartest person on TSR.

Ah, I have encountered a classic by-the-book thinker. Conforming to the standardisation of language highlights ones limitation in intellect.

I take a very relaxed linguistical view, as long as a message is communicated and somewhat aptly understood, that is fine.

I could write, type and converse in a Byzantine manner, unscrupulously. But what use does it really serve.

Also, I don’t want or choose to be smarter than people like you, sadly I just am.
Reply 35
Original post by GovernmentEarner
Ah, I have encountered a classic by-the-book thinker. Conforming to the standardisation of language highlights ones limitation in intellect.

I take a very relaxed linguistical view, as long as a message is communicated and somewhat aptly understood, that is fine.

I could write, type and converse in a Byzantine manner, unscrupulously. But what use does it really serve.

Also, I don’t want or choose to be smarter than people like you, sadly I just am.

U wot m8
Original post by Profesh
This forum no longer attracts anything like the rarefied, donnish intellectual calibre of its 2003-2010 vintage: true scholars such as Kolya, Musicbloke, Svidrigailov, Da Bachtopus and the rest of that erudite post-graduate set are but a halcyon memory.

So, in answer to the thread: no-one recent.

Shame musicbloke counterbalanced it by being a ginormous ****.
I myself did well in my A levels, I am artistic/creative and knowledgeable in a lot of areas (hmu if you want me on your pub quiz team ( :tsr: ) It depends how you measure intellect though , most people think it's through the branches of maths and science and often discount the arts. I'd say it's a fair spread of knowledge across the board but also if you excel in one area strongly then yeah, you're reasonably intelligent.
Original post by Notnek
U wot m8

Don’t worry mate, your secret of intellectual insecurity is safe with me.
Reply 39
Original post by Jibola240
I feel like ones ability to construct arguments and defend them is good sign of intelligence. I can't remember his name, but there was this poster who had this image of this angry almost constipated baby who looked like his head was about to explode. He'd argue odd positions, usually starting thread stating his position. In those threads he'd usually beat out every individual poster with excellent arguments. I strongly disagreed with his point, but admired his intelligence.

I don't care about mental masturbation

just raw, uncircumcised academic (real) intelligence.

Quick Reply

Latest