The Student Room Group

How are you feeling right now? MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Spoiler

Just got back from the assessment centre
It's so strange
They do their absolute best to make it feel like you've done brilliantly
Like you can't tell at all, unless you do something objectively bad, that you've done poorly
I think I did well, all questions asked I answered and answered well and there were only a few times I felt like I was being properly grilled and had to hash out an answer
So strange 😥 But it's done now and if I get an offer great if not I'll be confident for the next ones
Got pretty angry and snapped my pen/pencil and kicked around my maths stuff and other things. Not sure when the last time I did that was. I have a lot of work to do now but I don't care. Who am I kidding by doing all this work, I have an inhumanly robotic, inflexible, worthless brain and the only success I've ever had in studies was via cheap, stupid 'skills' like rote memorisation and being technically precise. I've effectively cheated to get the good marks I've had. I'm so hopeless at maths yet I'm doing a degree in it and 'doing well' all because I'm simply exploiting the education system. I deserve to fail in everything mathematical because I haven't an ounce of talent or creativity, just a worthless, totally mechanical brain. There is no option to pursue maths after my UG degree because I will be totally exposed and humiliated if I do. I don't deserve a job in the future either because the only things I can do a robot can do much more efficiently.
Reply 263
Alhamdulillah good to know xx
Take care <3
God knows, bc I don't
Reply 265
I just want to be a kid again
I made my dad really happy yesterday, so feeling real guuuud and blessed since then, alhamdullilah.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by h333
I just want to be a kid again

Same, young and innocent. Pure.
Sad on behalf of my mate, who is working over the entire christmas period.
Lonely, need new friends :frown:
I didn't realise I'm going through another 'depressive' episode. It's too much, these dips are so hard, can never see clear. Usually ik but it took someone pointing it out for me to realise. I hate it, I hate me in it, I hate this struggle :cry2: I don't wannaa have this all my life. It's harder not falling back in than getting out. And that's hard enough.
Worse thing is I tried to push everyone away, irl aswell, deep down I know why. I just wanted an end. But this behaviour, isn't it exactly what I detest? How hypocritical.
I've spent more hours in bed than out lately :colonhash: But fewer hours sleeping too :colonhash: :frown: :cry2:
I. Am. So. So. So. Tired. Of. This.
But no one said it would be easy.
Wish it were easy.
I get in trouble all the time, no matter what I do.
If I cook, if I don't, if I do all the house chores, if I don't, if I go out, if I don't, if I smile, of I don't, if I talk, if I don't. Can't do ANYTHING right. Haha
Reply 272
Its all part of allah's plan lol :wink: He clearly wants you to feel this way otherwise he would make you happy.
I feel tired

(also what's up with the "first" comments? This isn't YouTube)
like I'm ****ing up again
Original post by A'OK
Its all part of allah's plan lol :wink: He clearly wants you to feel this way otherwise he would make you happy.

Ofc but I'm starting to struggle again. 'Tis hard
:cry: :cry: :cry:
Original post by BintM

Marahhhh what’s wrongggg :frown:
Reply 278
Original post by MrsMars
like I'm ****ing up again

Original post by BintM

Why so many muslims always upset and depressed and shiz... I'd have thought you'd be happy cos of paradise awaiting you and Allah loving you etc. Why is he making your lives miserable for?
Original post by A'OK
Why so many muslims always upset and depressed and shiz... I'd have thought you'd be happy cos of paradise awaiting you and Allah loving you etc. Why is he making your lives miserable for?

He is telling us we need no one but Him. Telling us to come together and help each other out. Showing us we are made of stronger stuff. That there is better stuff in await for us.

Fyi, we are humans you know. So we feel just like any others.

Quick Reply

Latest