The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

POLL: do you support the death penalty?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Paracosm
Why? What distinction is there between a poor person being allowed to commit a crime and a rich one? They're both human and so should both be punished equally - unless you are advocating for a society in which nobody is equal, thus undermining the very nature of the judicial system for which the death penalty would exist.

bc rich people suck lmao
Reply 81
Original post by mojojojo101
I dont care if you are Muslim or not, Religion is a method of systemmatic oppression of working people and holds us back from our spiritual, moral and ethical evolution as a species.

Im the words of Bakunin;
'As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.'

Like it or not but you're in the minority of people on this planet which makes your views irrelevant. Your time will come when you WILL be judged by Him.
Original post by Bosnia
Because you're jealous. Maybe if you got off your behind and worked a bit you wouldn't be so poor

sorry ayn rand but ur ideology is dead xd
Reply 83
Original post by thetoebeans
bc rich people suck lmao

You'll be fine on your benefits
Original post by Bosnia
And yet Ghandi was assassinated

So? If anything that just strengthens the point.
bc rich people suck lmao

Your argument offers little relevance. Why? Consider all of the rich philanthropists, whom without, we would not be able to support charities with donations amounting in the millions each year. Would they be exempt from your death penalty or would you still advocate killing rich people simply because you don't like them because "[they] suck lmao"? Bit of a stupid reason, really.

This is an immature statement and you should develop your argument to be meaningful rather than nonsensical.
Reply 86
sorry ayn rand but ur ideology is dead xd

Why would I support her? She opposed all forms of religion which makes her obsolete
Reply 87
Original post by GovernmentEarner
So? If anything that just strengthens the point.

No as the assassinator was killed. It makes it ironic and the death penalty was warranted in this case.
Original post by Bosnia
Why would I support her? She opposed all forms of religion which makes her obsolete

objectivism and altruism.
It's nice to have (some) meaningful debate, but I can now see this is a troll thread started only to annoy other people with a controversial topic. The OP account was only made yesterday, and has already created two poll threads, this one and 'Should fat people be taxed'
Reply 90
Original post by Parkleton
It's nice to have (some) meaningful debate, but I can now see this is a troll thread started only to annoy other people with a controversial topic. The OP account was only made yesterday, and has already created two poll threads, this one and 'Should fat people be taxed'

Stalker.
Reply 91
objectivism and altruism.

Qualities that you display
Your argument offers little relevance. Why? Consider all of the rich philanthropists, whom without, we would not be able to support charities with donations amounting in the millions each year. Would they be exempt from your death penalty or would you still advocate killing rich people simply because you don't like them? This is an immature statement and you should develop your argument to be meaningful rather than nonsensical.

based on how the obscenely wealthy are generally able to get away with much worse crimes that have the potential to cause a massive amount of suffering ,and even when caught they are usually given far fewer punishments, they should be given the worst punishment possible, i.e. death (preferably by the guillotine uwu)
Original post by Bosnia
Innocent people dying would only account for less than 2% of deaths. In that regard, the death penalty is fully warranted and should be reinstated

Even one innocent person killed is too much. I don't care at all how low the number is unless it's zero, and in the real world it is never going to be zero no matter how hard you try.

Those 2% or whatever the figure would be are not just statistics, they are real people. Real people with lives and careers, ambitions and dreams, friends and family, husbands and wives and sons and daughters. How you can just casually dismiss the killing of innocent people with "oh well it's only 2%" is absolutely sickening and you should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking it.
Original post by Bosnia
Qualities that you display

it would actually be a net positive for everyone if multi-millionaires/billionaires were punished and dealt with much more severely when they commit crimes that can cause untold amounts of suffering.

also i do have sympathy, but just not for rich people :smile:
Original post by Bosnia
Stalker.

Not difficult when it's readily available information
based on how the obscenely wealthy are generally able to get away with much worse crimes that have the potential to cause a massive amount of suffering ,and even when caught they are usually given far fewer punishments, they should be given the worst punishment possible, i.e. death (preferably by the guillotine uwu)

Utter nonsense! What a horrible way to think.
Reply 97

I think that should be your punishment for even suggesting that. What on earth have you done for this world?
Utter nonsense! What a horrible way to think.

how is it a horrible way to think when the threat of execution would make rich people with more power actually consider their actions?
Original post by 408655
Why would you support paedophilia??!

I'm not supporting paedophilia - I'm advocating better distinction between paedophiles and child molesters. This will help fewer paedophiles not molest children in the first place.

Latest