The Student Room Group

relationship university troubles

Ok so, me and my boyfriend have always been so close to each other, we saw each other every day at school and we lived 5 minutes walk away from each other. So now being at uni it has become very difficult for me to try and be independent. He comes every week for 2 days (which i am grateful for) but the times he is not here i feel so empty. I meet up with friends, go to the gym, work but nothing i do makes it easier for me missing him. He says he misses me too but its nothing like i miss him! i really want to grow as a person and not always focus on him but i am having trouble doing so, when will it get easier?! any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Reply 1
Can you visit him too? You sometimes have to make sacrifices for a relationship to work. Talk to him about it, try to meet up more often or Facetime whenever you're not together.
Original post by aimeejanexxxx
Ok so, me and my boyfriend have always been so close to each other, we saw each other every day at school and we lived 5 minutes walk away from each other. So now being at uni it has become very difficult for me to try and be independent. He comes every week for 2 days (which i am grateful for) but the times he is not here i feel so empty. I meet up with friends, go to the gym, work but nothing i do makes it easier for me missing him. He says he misses me too but its nothing like i miss him! i really want to grow as a person and not always focus on him but i am having trouble doing so, when will it get easier?! any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I woud suggest NOT seeing each other every weekend. You will find more friends at uni and you won't be so lonely. I am speaking from personal experience of a LDR and we are now married and together years later.

Quick Reply

Latest