The Student Room Group

depression and stress after my test

I want to talk to get support and want to share feeling so I am writing this

Yesterday night I was revising for my Chemistry ALevel test and cant revise for it as all my family member are making noise and cant let me study so I get angry on all of them and cant revise for my test & when i woke up in morning I feel a strong headache and went to college and when exam paper come in front of me . I felt like my mind is not responding and i cant be able to think in test and after that i looked answers and i realized that i cant be able to simple things like finding volume where i have to do division and did multliplication and i already know that i get failed in that test or will get low marks .and i am continuosuly thinking about them ..

this is the end of the topic test but i keep thinking about it and also get angry with me that why I cant be able to do simple questions
and cant be able to focus on other things which I should as it cant be change also I have mock in 3 weeks I have to prepare for it but I get really stressed because I know that I can do all the things right if that not happen last night
Reply 1
Original post by Qer
I want to talk to get support and want to share feeling so I am writing this

Yesterday night I was revising for my Chemistry ALevel test and cant revise for it as all my family member are making noise and cant let me study so I get angry on all of them and cant revise for my test & when i woke up in morning I feel a strong headache and went to college and when exam paper come in front of me . I felt like my mind is not responding and i cant be able to think in test and after that i looked answers and i realized that i cant be able to simple things like finding volume where i have to do division and did multliplication and i already know that i get failed in that test or will get low marks .and i am continuosuly thinking about them ..

this is the end of the topic test but i keep thinking about it and also get angry with me that why I cant be able to do simple questions
and cant be able to focus on other things which I should as it cant be change also I have mock in 3 weeks I have to prepare for it but I get really stressed because I know that I can do all the things right if that not happen last night

- If you are unable to study at home because of the noise, maybe study in the library at college and just rest at home

- Tell your family that you struggled to revise last night and next time ask if they could be quieter; or shout at them and tell them to shut up

- Or revise outside in the shed, or try wearing earplugs

- Also make sure that you're getting at least 8 hours of sleep - maybe also wear earplugs for this

- Listen to guided meditation videos on YouTube before sleeping and when you feel stressed to help free your mind

- Figure out a plan B if your exams don't go as well as you'd like (e.g. add a lower-entry requirement uni to your choices if you're going to uni), as it can make you less-stressed to see that there's a potential safety net, which might result in you performing better
Reply 2
Original post by Sint
- If you are unable to study at home because of the noise, maybe study in the library at college and just rest at home

- Tell your family that you struggled to revise last night and next time ask if they could be quieter; or shout at them and tell them to shut up

- Or revise outside in the shed, or try wearing earplugs

- Also make sure that you're getting at least 8 hours of sleep - maybe also wear earplugs for this

- Listen to guided meditation videos on YouTube before sleeping and when you feel stressed to help free your mind

- Figure out a plan B if your exams don't go as well as you'd like (e.g. add a lower-entry requirement uni to your choices if you're going to uni), as it can make you less-stressed to see that there's a potential safety net, which might result in you performing better

actually, i always stay in college if I get time but my college library close at 4 and i have most of the lesson soi can only study one or two hours in college & i told them that i have to revise and i shouted all of them to stay quiet but they dnt listen to me ........
Original post by Qer
actually, i always stay in college if I get time but my college library close at 4 and i have most of the lesson soi can only study one or two hours in college & i told them that i have to revise and i shouted all of them to stay quiet but they dnt listen to me ........

Is there a public library (or university library that's open to the public) that you can go to, rather than the college library?
Reply 4
Original post by Blue_Cow
Is there a public library (or university library that's open to the public) that you can go to, rather than the college library?

there is a library but it closed at 4 but there is university library which i not sure is open for public i will go tomorrow and find out about it
Reply 5
Original post by Blue_Cow

I visited today university library and it is open to public .there is full silence that I want for study.5 months left for my A levels exams .I should find this place before but I m glad that I found it know because there is still time to improve my grades

Quick Reply

Latest