The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medical school offers

Hi - i have been offered an interview at Birmingham. My tutor said that they offer as and when they interview candidates ie if you leave your interview until later, there will be less places available. Has anyone else heard this? Thanks
I dont think thats right. They offer places only after all the interviews are over and they have scored all the candidates based on their interview performance.
It would otherwise be unfair and you can even argue that what if all the good candidates interview later and they have run out of places. It's just not possible.
I dont think we would be hearing back about the interview performances till after christmas ( but I could be wrong on this)
As above, your tutor is wrong. To put your mind at ease you could call them
does anyone else have a problem accessing their portal?
Yes. Can't get on to portal. Think it has crashed.
I'm pretty sure that's wrong - definitely go just in case, Birmingham is a great uni and you'll have a great time :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by angelinthewind
I dont think thats right. They offer places only after all the interviews are over and they have scored all the candidates based on their interview performance.
It would otherwise be unfair and you can even argue that what if all the good candidates interview later and they have run out of places. It's just not possible.
I dont think we would be hearing back about the interview performances till after christmas ( but I could be wrong on this)

Unless they've changed things significantly, this is not the case. I received my offer 2 weeks after my interview in November, and although that was 6 years ago I always keep an eye on the applicant threads every year, and the first offers always appear in November/December

That said, they don't exactly run out of places either. They give out offers after each cycle of interviews, but they still give out fewer offers than will actually be accepted, so people in the later cycles are not disadvantaged. Usually in March/April they will run an extra round of interviews from people who were on the 'reserve' list to make up the numbers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending