The Student Room Group

GCSEs

Any advice on when should I start my revision for the GCSEs ( A*s and 9s)
Original post by OMG354
Any advice on when should I start my revision for the GCSEs ( A*s and 9s)

It's really up to you! But the earlier the better usually, it's more spread out that way and you'll hopefully take more in :smile: don't burn yourself out though, remember you need breaks and things too and you have another six months you need to carry on yet. Have you got mock exams coming up at all? I'll move this to a more relevant forum for you too.
I have said this before tons of times and I will say it again. Start early. Really early. If I were you, I would have started revising in the summer already for stuff you have done in year 9 and 10 so you are confident with the basics and ready to move on to the hard stuff. I would also suggest you to start doing past papers even if they are of the old spec because exam questions are similar and the concepts behind them are similar. Make notes, flash cards or whatever suits you and revise everyday. Since your mocks are coming up, I think it is high time for you to practice your time management skills as well because I feel that most students struggle with timing the exam hall as they are under pressure (some for the first time in their lives) and the nerves can really let you down sometimes (talking from personal experience as I experience in my english exam). Otherwise, make sure you get enough sleep and drink plenty of water.
Reply 3
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
I have said this before tons of times and I will say it again. Start early. Really early. If I were you, I would have started revising in the summer already for stuff you have done in year 9 and 10 so you are confident with the basics and ready to move on to the hard stuff. I would also suggest you to start doing past papers even if they are of the old spec because exam questions are similar and the concepts behind them are similar. Make notes, flash cards or whatever suits you and revise everyday. Since your mocks are coming up, I think it is high time for you to practice your time management skills as well because I feel that most students struggle with timing the exam hall as they are under pressure (some for the first time in their lives) and the nerves can really let you down sometimes (talking from personal experience as I experience in my english exam). Otherwise, make sure you get enough sleep and drink plenty of water.

Would I start revising now ???? Because I have a lot of tests still coming up and I want to study for them also
Original post by OMG354
Would I start revising now ???? Because I have a lot of tests still coming up and I want to study for them also

Studying for the upcoming tests counts as revising 😊
Original post by OMG354

I assume that your tests are for your GCSE subjects so if you revised for the subject, you would be revising for the test and vice versa.

Quick Reply

Latest