The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCAS offer from UCL but not on UCL portal

Received offer today via UCAS track for History Politics and Economics at UCL but it was not showed up on the UCL portal.
Is this just due to it not being updated yet or has Ucas made a mistake :P
this sounds like a stupid question but in the heat of the moment I tend to be very pessimistic

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Undec
Received offer today via UCAS track for History Politics and Economics at UCL but it was not showed up on the UCL portal.
this sounds like a stupid question but in the heat of the moment I tend to be very pessimistic

Mine came up on UCL portal a few days after it came up on UCAS track. As long as it is on track, I think it is fine.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Undec

Hi there,
I applied for this course also, what date did you apply? And what time did you get the offer
Thanks!
Reply 3
Original post by GovernmentEarner
Hi there,
I applied for this course also, what date did you apply? And what time did you get the offer
Thanks!

oooh. Thats exciting don't know anyone else applying for this course.
I sent off my UCAS on: 10th October
Offer received : 10th November 12:22

When did you send your off and where else have you applied?
Original post by Undec

If it's on Track then there is nothing to worry about. Universities might take their time with updating online portals because they're processing a vast number of applications.
Reply 5
Original post by Blue_Cow
If it's on Track then there is nothing to worry about. Universities might take their time with updating online portals because they're processing a vast number of applications.

Thank you!
Reply 6
Original post by Undec

Ooh I’ve been looking at this course! I’m in year 11. I wonder if you could tell me if you enjoy it?
Original post by Undec

I got an offer on UCAS today for the same course and it's shown up on my portal too, but I doubt you have anything to worry about!
Reply 8
Original post by memesherrif101
I got an offer on UCAS today for the same course and it's shown up on my portal too, but I doubt you have anything to worry about!

yey! Thats good ill keep checking for the next few days
Where else did you apply and for what courses?

:smile:
Original post by Undec
oooh. Thats exciting don't know anyone else applying for this course.
I sent off my UCAS on: 10th October
Offer received : 10th November 12:22

When did you send your off and where else have you applied?

Hello :smile:
I Applied 12th Oct for Hist & Pol-Cambridge, LSE, Durham & Notts (offer)
UCL is my joint 3rd choice w/ Durham. I would like an offer as Cambridge and LSE (1/2 choice) have low offer rates.

I think UCL will reject me as:
1. I didn't do Maths A-Level
2. I had essentially no econ in my PS bar 1 short sentence

The only thing that's giving me hope is that I have already achieved A*A*A* + EPQ A.

Where are you applying?
(edited 6 years ago)

Hi when did you apply? I'm starting to sense a rejection coming my way.
Original post by Undec
yey! Thats good ill keep checking for the next few days
Where else did you apply and for what courses?
. I applied for PPE at Oxford, Gov and Econ at Lse, HPE at UCL, Bristol for Politics and Econ (reject)and Warwick for Pol,Econ and IR. I'm expecting mostly rejections as my PS was only catered for LSE lol. Where else are you applying, are you likely to firm the course at UCL?
Hi when did you apply? I'm starting to sense a rejection coming my way.

I think I applied around 6th October? So I applied earlier than you but I doubt there's any link between how long they take and whether they give you an offer so I wouldn't worry!
As a general rule with your uni application one thing will update later than the other.
. I applied for PPE at Oxford, Gov and Econ at Lse, HPE at UCL, Bristol for Politics and Econ (reject)and Warwick for Pol,Econ and IR. I'm expecting mostly rejections as my PS was only catered for LSE lol. Where else are you applying, are you likely to firm the course at UCL?

I think I applied around 6th October? So I applied earlier than you but I doubt there's any link between how long they take and whether they give you an offer so I wouldn't worry!

Bristol rejected you already? that sucks, but UCL is better anyway and I hope you get the rest of your offers, good luck!
Bristol rejected you already? that sucks, but UCL is better anyway and I hope you get the rest of your offers, good luck!

Lol yeah Bristol was meant to be my backup as my school gets contextual offer so but they basically emailed me saying I should apply for a different course (management). Same to you, good luck with your application!
Reply 16
Hello :smile:
I Applied 12th Oct for Hist & Pol-Cambridge, LSE, Durham & Notts (offer)
UCL is my joint 3rd choice w/ Durham. I would like an offer as Cambridge and LSE (1/2 choice) have low offer rates.

I think UCL will reject me as:
1. I didn't do Maths A-Level
2. I had essentially no econ in my PS bar 1 short sentence

The only thing that's giving me hope is that I have already achieved A*A*A* + EPQ A.

Where are you applying?

Wow! Congrats on your grades they are amazing! I think you will get in regardless those grades are amazing and they will defo want you!

I also applied to for History and Economics: York (offer), St Andrews, Durham and Oxford
My predicted are A*AA and already have an A* (taken last year).
My offers so far have basically been just to get 2 A's.
Reply 17

I am also applying to St Andrews, Oxford , Durham and York (offer).
Ummm I am not sure about UCL but defo taking it over the york offer I would be stupid not to. Oxford is a more of an aspirational application hence my first choice is Durham I think if I get an offer, purely based on the fact that it isn't in London and i want to get as far away from here as possible.

:smile: I think Unis should be less harsh when looking at PS as they should understand that it is hard to pick the same courses everywhere in every uni. Good Luck with your offers though!!!!
Also got an A offer on the 10th November
Original post by bigwang
Also got an A offer on the 10th November

When did you apply 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending