The Student Room Group

should i wait for revision guides

i'm in yr10 right now, i want to buy revision guides but i am scared that next year they will release new ones that would be better.
should i wait or no?
Original post by Darth Maryouma
i'm in yr10 right now, i want to buy revision guides but i am scared that next year they will release new ones that would be better.
should i wait or no?

Not much point in waiting. If you need/want it now, then buy it.
Thanks. do rerealses for 9-1 make much difference?
Original post by Blue_Cow
Not much point in waiting. If you need/want it now, then buy it.
Buy them now, they probably won't release any new or better ones and at least the ones you buy now would have been used by the current year 12s (only maths and English tho) so you know that they work. Also tbh you don't really need revision guides in year 10 (I didn't anyways😝) but if you're gonna get them...get them now😊
thx
Thanks. do rerealses for 9-1 make much difference?

What do you mean by this?
Buy them now. They probably won’t release new ones for a few years now as they’ve just brought out the new 9-1 ones. So you’re fine
What do you mean by this?

i mean, if they do rerelease next books next year, would they be different?
i mean, if they do rerelease next books next year, would they be different?

I doubt it'll be different. There might be the odd spelling mistake here and there which they'll correct at the next print, but no topic changes etc. unless the exam board (highly unlikely) adds or removes a certain topic.
I doubt it'll be different. There might be the odd spelling mistake here and there which they'll correct at the next print, but no topic changes etc. unless the exam board (highly unlikely) adds or removes a certain topic.

ok thank you
should i wait or no?

Buy them now. Highly unlikely there will be any better ones next year.

Also, revision guides are not the be-all and end-all. They will not automatically get you top grades. They should be used in conjunction with other forms of revision such as past-papers and note-condensing. Just reading a guide is unlikely to help you, no matter how good the book is.
Buy them now. If they release new ones, the content will still be the same. You won't be disadvantaged.

Quick Reply

Latest