The Student Room Group

Chemical Engineering Question...

So I'm applying to chemical engineering MENg but I have heard that your firm choice uni will drop you down to BENg if they don't turn their original offer, so you are technically garunteed a place?
Original post by JSC16
So I'm applying to chemical engineering MENg but I have heard that your firm choice uni will drop you down to BENg if they don't turn their original offer, so you are technically garunteed a place?

I'm not really sure what you mean... could you elaborate a bit?
Reply 2
Original post by Smack
I'm not really sure what you mean... could you elaborate a bit?

Would your firm choice let you into BENg and not MENg if you didn't get the requisites
Original post by JSC16
Would your firm choice let you into BENg and not MENg if you didn't get the requisites

It depends on the university. I think some will do this if you still meet the BEng grades, but others will reject you outright (and some also have the same grades for BEng and MEng).

Also, BEng vs MEng doesn't matter until you're actually at university, as it's your university grades that determine what route you go down, not your A-levels.
They might. You're better off just applying to the BEng course to get a lower offer.
Original post by JSC16

Depends on the university. I know Loughborough do this, and will let you onto the BEng if you miss the MEng grades but meet the BEng ones. I think a few other places do this too, but places like Cambridge or Imperial (almost certainly) wont.

Quick Reply

Latest