The Student Room Group

Habs Girls Entrance Exam

I'm going to be sitting my Entrance exam for sixth form on Friday for the following subjects:
maths
chemistry
biology
physics
is there any guidance or advice you could offer in terms of how hard they are and time wise? I'm fairly confident in maths as i was told its mostly algebra . however, i heard the exams are really hard and barely anyone gets in soo im quite nervous. Any help would be appreciated!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
[QUOTE=:)Esss[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];74452318]I'm going to be sitting my Entrance exam for sixth form on Friday for the following subjects:
maths
chemistry
biology
physics
is there any guidance or advice you could offer in terms of how hard they are and time wise? I'm fairly confident in maths as i was told its mostly algebra . however, i heard the exams are really hard and barely anyone gets in soo im quite nervous. Any help would be appreciated!

Hiya! I'm also going to the Haberdasher's entrance on Friday (tomorrow:eek:). I'm doing History 16th century, Classical Civilisation and English lang. It may be a little late but what I'm doing is just practising exam technique and reviewing comments my teachers have made in lessons which I could apply it in the exam.
For your subjects, I think all you have to know about the subjects you have done in class so you can apply it to questions phrased in a slightly different context. I think everyone is going to struggle with them, as they're supposed to be challenging on purpose, not SO hard that you can't do it. Saying that though, I'm quite nervous myself.
I think you'll be great and ace it, especially with Maths! Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by Howlight
Hiya! I'm also going to the Haberdasher's entrance on Friday (tomorrow:eek:). I'm doing History 16th century, Classical Civilisation and English lang. It may be a little late but what I'm doing is just practising exam technique and reviewing comments my teachers have made in lessons which I could apply it in the exam.
For your subjects, I think all you have to know about the subjects you have done in class so you can apply it to questions phrased in a slightly different context. I think everyone is going to struggle with them, as they're supposed to be challenging on purpose, not SO hard that you can't do it. Saying that though, I'm quite nervous myself.

Im going tomorrow too lmao, Im doing maths, biology and chemistry
Reply 4

i don't know if i saw you today but how did it go?
Reply 5
Original post by lmaohelp
Im going tomorrow too lmao, Im doing maths, biology and chemistry

how'd you find them?
Reply 6
[QUOTE=:)Esss[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];74513456]i don't know if i saw you today but how did it go?

They were okay. The people in charge wrote the wrong time for the first exam and then changed it half way through which completely screwed up my time management especially since I was doing history, so I just started the fourth question out of 5 by the end so that wasn't great.

My second exam was fine but my last one (English Lang) was AWFUL! It was so hard. I had to write about the tone and register of the piece.
Literally just sitting there being like waaaaah? Plus it was 30 marks for one question so yep, screwed that one up

Anyways, how were your exams?
Reply 7
They were okay. The people in charge wrote the wrong time for the first exam and then changed it half way through which completely screwed up my time management especially since I was doing history, so I just started the fourth question out of 5 by the end so that wasn't great.

My second exam was fine but my last one (English Lang) was AWFUL! It was so hard. I had to write about the tone and register of the piece.
Literally just sitting there being like waaaaah? Plus it was 30 marks for one question so yep, screwed that one up

not feeling quite hopeful tbh. yhh i messed up my chemistry exam, it was so long i didn't even have time to finish it. overall, i think they all went okay not spectacularly good and the subjects i chose were very much in demand so i doubt i'll get in which makes me feel so sad bc this was my first choice. But i can't change anything now so might as well focus my efforts on my gcses
Reply 8
does anyone know how long before we're told whether we get an interview or not?
Reply 9
[QUOTE=:)Esss[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];74513476]how'd you find them?
They were alright but I felt like we were given so little time to do the papers.Maths was okay for me the rest weren't as great

Did you get an interview yet?

omg I was in that room too

Quick Reply

Latest