The Student Room Group

Oh dear! My fianceé doesn't know about my kid!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JamesGardiner96
i told her she walked out, she said she needs time.

Her reaction is to be expected, but I think you did the right thing. Give her some time and space to think about things.
Original post by cheesecakelove
Her reaction is to be expected, but I think you did the right thing. Give her some time and space to think about things.

thanks for everything, we're back together. only upwards from here.

That's really good to hear. So are you still paying the £125k? And have you had the DNA test done yet? Has she met the kid?
Original post by DrawTheLine
That's really good to hear. So are you still paying the £125k? And have you had the DNA test done yet? Has she met the kid?

thanks for checking up on me. the money is being processed in small amounts and has been altered from the original amount. the dna test came back, i am the father. she's seen the kid. everyone's happy - and the wedding is on!
thanks for checking up on me. the money is being processed in small amounts and has been altered from the original amount. the dna test came back, i am the father. she's seen the kid. everyone's happy - and the wedding is on!

The money is quite interesting.

Is it family/ inherited.
Due to your job?
Presumably only a banker or someone who has sold a business wuld make that amount by 25?

Im glad its sorted for you, but tbh its just an issue that she is either capable of sorting out or she is not. It helps there was no cheating other than that if she couldnt cope, then id have been disappointed, but moved on. there are a lot more challenging situations.
Original post by 999tigger
The money is quite interesting.

Is it family/ inherited.
Due to your job?
Presumably only a banker or someone who has sold a business wuld make that amount by 25?

Im glad its sorted for you, but tbh its just an issue that she is either capable of sorting out or she is not. It helps there was no cheating other than that if she couldnt cope, then id have been disappointed, but moved on. there are a lot more challenging situations.

It was my job, I founded a satellite communication technology company which I sold in my early 20s for just shy of a million.

Since, I've created 3 pretty distinct SEO online marketing companies.
It was my job, I founded a satellite communication technology company which I sold in my early 20s for just shy of a million.

Since, I've created 3 pretty distinct SEO online marketing companies.

Your money then. It remains it might have been a surprise, but as it happened before you had a relationship I dont think there was much to get upset about. Its done now though. Its a surprise that the mother came out with that sum of money and hopefully she was ok with having staggered payments? People get funny about money, so be aware.

That's great to hear, best of luck with things! :smile:
Original post by cheesecakelove
That's great to hear, best of luck with things! :smile:

Thanks again for all your help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending