The Student Room Group

Loughborough v SOAS International Relations

Loughborough are a top 10 University but outside of London and offer a year abroad.
SOAS are ranked higher in Politics (couldn't find International Relations)

Which one should I go to in 2018?
SOAS is definitely better for anything Politics related. But Loughborough is a good university as well, so if you desperately want to do IR and study abroad, just go for that.
Original post by Sunset891
SOAS is definitely better for anything Politics related. But Loughborough is a good university as well, so if you desperately want to do IR and study abroad, just go for that.

Thanks mate, is it worth studying abroad/taking a placement year or just going to SOAS (they don't offer any placements)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by SaksTheGreatest
Thanks mate, is it worth studying abroad/taking a placement year or just going to SOAS (they don't offer any placements)

Well it depends on what you want to do. Do you really desperately want to study abroad/take a placement year? And also, do you prefer the city or not?
Well it depends on what you want to do. Do you really desperately want to study abroad/take a placement year? And also, do you prefer the city or not?

I prefer the city, London is my favourite place in the world but it doesn't matter. I want what's best for my education, if studying abroad/taking a placement year looks better on my CV I'll do it, but if not I'd just go to SOAS.

Thanks
I personally think that it is better to go to a better university than do a placement year/study abroad. If I were you, I would go for SOAS, because SOAS has a more respected reputation for political subjects than Loughborough.

Good luck anyway :smile:
I personally think that it is better to go to a better university than do a placement year/study abroad. If I were you, I would go for SOAS, because SOAS has a more respected reputation for political subjects than Loughborough.

Thank you so much man appreciate the help!

You need work experience to get a job after university, the university name alone doesn't cut the mustard. That said you can always do placements in the summer holidays, it doesn't have to be as part of a course.
Original post by SaksTheGreatest
Loughborough are a top 10 University but outside of London and offer a year abroad.
SOAS are ranked higher in Politics (couldn't find International Relations)

Which one should I go to in 2018?

Forget rankings, you need to look at course content, location, facilities e.c.t to determine which university you would be happiest spending 3/4 years at.
Original post by jelly1000
Forget rankings, you need to look at course content, location, facilities e.c.t to determine which university you would be happiest spending 3/4 years at.

Thanks man still going to apply to both, appreciate your feedback.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending