Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by misshilrose
I've had an offer
Course: Biological Sciences (MBiol)
Predicted Grades: AAA
Also Applied to: York, Bath, Warwick and Durham
Offer: Unconditional (if firmed), AAA otherwise

Ahh that’s amazing well done!! I applied to do Biological Sciences (BSc though) at Lancaster on Monday- when did you send your application off?
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Applied 2/11/17
COURSE: politics placement year
Gcse: 9A 2A*
As EPQ A, general studies A(predicted A* A2)
Predictions AAA

Got offer ABB today 9/11/17 but could be unconditional if firmed.

This is my backup as generally applying for law but love the course here!
Got my English Language offer today. AAB or ABB if firmed.
Wanted an unconditional a bit gutted :frown:
Finally got an offer and I am buzzing!

ABB for English Language and Linguistics :3
Original post by leanneeyre

Some people I know who got offers way before me for Lancaster said that a week after getting an offer they got an invite to interview to see if they could get upgraded to an unconditional :smile:

Just give it time, you never know they may invite you to an interview in a week or just outright give you an unconditional through email!
Original post by leanneeyre

In my experience from last year, where I applied for English Lit, they're a bit weird about unconditional. My friend with the same predicted grades and AS performance applied for the same course, but he got an unconditional whilst I got a reduced offer of ABB. We came to the conclusion that he got an unconditional because he applied for Cambridge, whereas I didn't, giving the university an incentive to attract him more than me.

That is just speculation, of course, but it is the case that applicants equal in most every way will not always get the same offer.
Reply 166
Offer from Lancaster came through yesterday for International Relations and Politics - ABB but unconditional if firmed
Still waiting for computer science
Original post by acc00
Ahh that’s amazing well done!! I applied to do Biological Sciences (BSc though) at Lancaster on Monday- when did you send your application off?

My application was sent off by my school on the 31st October (Halloween 😂)
Reply 169
My application was sent off by my school on the 31st October (Halloween 😂)

Ahh didn’t take them too long to respond then, that gives me hope 😂😂 where else have you applied?
Original post by xBasedChris
In my experience from last year, where I applied for English Lit, they're a bit weird about unconditional. My friend with the same predicted grades and AS performance applied for the same course, but he got an unconditional whilst I got a reduced offer of ABB. We came to the conclusion that he got an unconditional because he applied for Cambridge, whereas I didn't, giving the university an incentive to attract him more than me.

That is just speculation, of course, but it is the case that applicants equal in most every way will not always get the same offer.

They wouldn't know he had applied to Cambridge, actually :smile: unless you were after the deadline and he was before. Also, they take personal statement into account too so it could have been that.
Name: Becky
Course: Psychology
Predicted Grades: A*A*A
Other Universities: Loughborough, Warwick, Surrey and Birmingham

Just got an offer that is unconditional if I firm.
Very excited because Lancaster is my top choice!!
Original post by StevetheIcecube
They wouldn't know he had applied to Cambridge, actually :smile: unless you were after the deadline and he was before. Also, they take personal statement into account too so it could have been that.

I was after the deadline and he was before. For candidates applying through schools, it tends to be the case that Oxbridge applicants are prioritised entirely over non-Oxbridge applicants, meaning it is quite rare to get an application from a non-Oxbridge applicant before the Oxbridge deadline.

It is a well acknowledged reality that they offer unconditionals in order to attract people applying to elite universities.
Original post by G_lily
Offer from Lancaster came through yesterday for International Relations and Politics - ABB but unconditional if firmed

What were your predicted grades?
Reply 174
Original post by Oretas1345
What were your predicted grades?

AAA and EPQ closely related to the course
Original post by acc00
Ahh didn’t take them too long to respond then, that gives me hope 😂😂 where else have you applied?

I've also applied to York, Bath, Durham and Warwick. I got an offer from York before Lancaster but heard nothing from the others
I've also applied to York, Bath, Durham and Warwick. I got an offer from York before Lancaster but heard nothing from the others

I'm also applying to Durham :biggrin: The vast majority of offers are not given out until mid-January or early-February, so don't stress on that front.
Reply 177

I’ve applied to York and Bath too-haven’t heard off Bath either (Had offers from York, Exeter and unconditional from Lincoln though)
Name: Aimee
Course: Natural Sciences
Predicted Grades: AAA
Other Universities: Leeds, Sheffield, QUB, Newcastle
Got an offer from Lancaster on Monday for Management, Politics and IR!!! So happy as it was my top choice - I don't really want to wait for the other uni's now😂 My offer was ABB - pretty good, but I did want an unconditional😢 Is it worth calling them to find out why I didn't get it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending