The Student Room Group

why are [south asian] muslims so close-minded?

Scroll to see replies

Its true about marriage especially. I'd like to get married outside of my race/family but I don't know how my parents would react :O
This is so true. But its's not really about religion. Turkish, Arab and Malaysian etc... mix.

However non muslims even do this mainly international chinese students. Not ones born in the UK.

In my year many of the south asain bengalis stuck together. I was with a mix of people - I am south asain bengali aswell. I realised this is mainly with guys it does happen but at a lesser extent with south asain girls. Why I think this is because they like talking about certain things based on their culture. Also some of the put down others when they do mix. Growing up I realise they began mixing more because they don't actually have a choice and also because when their freind groups separate they find it easier to mix with others.

At first I thought it might be to do with the. Not wanting to talk about NSFW stuff as non south asains are less affected by this. However, when I heard some of the things they said I knew that wasn't the case.

This guy whose hobbies are netflix and drinking with his friends will never appeal to a Muslim. It's partly because he's physically grotesque but there is an element of his values being boring and suicidal, like an old man who has accepted death before he's reached old age
Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel
Muslim women are open to non Muslim men just so long as you are manly, determined and physically attractive. Literally the opposite of most White men who are ugly, have beer guts and don't work hard. White men just don't have values which could appeal to Muslims

BTW I am White.

Racist stop talking trash. Also your name indicates that you're not even white.

This guy whose hobbies are netflix and drinking with his friends will never appeal to a Muslim. It's partly because he's physically grotesque but there is an element of his values being boring and suicidal, like an old man who has accepted death before he's reached old age

Dude stop it. Everyone else is trying to be mature.
Original post by Sadek542
Racist stop talking trash. Also your name indicates that you're not even white.

I am White, but there is an element of disgust on my part and people with whom I share some form of identity having such weak values. I don't watch television, I only listen to music when I am exercising or celebrating success, I never touch drugs or alcohol and yes I am ashamed it has come to this, a bunch off numale drunks desecrating themselves with silly moustaches and trivial behaviour.
Original post by JamesGardiner96
hmm, possibly? But, I've got many Muslim friends who've integrated into society (middle eastern etc.) my main "issue" (not an issue) is south asian muslims.

Middle eastern parents as just as strict
Muslim women are open to non Muslim men just so long as you are manly, determined and physically attractive. Literally the opposite of most White men who are ugly, have beer guts and don't work hard. White men just don't have values which could appeal to Muslims

BTW I am White.

wth
Dude stop it. Everyone else is trying to be mature.

I am being serious. I get along perfectly well with Muslims and the fact I am non Muslim is never an issue because my values are not the same as normal English values.
I am being serious. I get along perfectly well with Muslims and the fact I am non Muslim is never an issue because my values are not the same as normal English values.

Okay but no need to slam your own race
Okay but no need to slam your own race

Why should I not? These are the same people who get pissy with me when I refuse to drink with them or consume processed junk food.
Original post by Emerald777O
wth

What's wrong?
For those of you who still refuse to believe I am arguing on good faith, below I have posted one of the best poems ever written in the English language and it summarises the mentality of Saxons

"My son," said the Norman Baron, "I am dying, and you will be heir
To all the broad acres in England that William gave me for share
When he conquered the Saxon at Hastings, and a nice little handful it is.
But before you go over to rule it I want you to understand this:–

"The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite.
But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right.
When he stands like an ox in the furrow with his sullen set eyes on your own,
And grumbles, 'This isn't fair dealing,' my son, leave the Saxon alone.

"You can horsewhip your Gascony archers, or torture your Picardy spears;
But don't try that game on the Saxon; you'll have the whole brood round your ears.
From the richest old Thane in the county to the poorest chained serf in the field,
They'll be at you and on you like hornets, and, if you are wise, you will yield.

"But first you must master their language, their dialect, proverbs and songs.
Don't trust any clerk to interpret when they come with the tale of their wrongs.
Let them know that you know what they're saying; let them feel that you know what to say.
Yes, even when you want to go hunting, hear 'em out if it takes you all day.

They'll drink every hour of the daylight and poach every hour of the dark.
It's the sport not the rabbits they're after (we've plenty of game in the park).
Don't hang them or cut off their fingers. That's wasteful as well as unkind,
For a hard-bitten, South-country poacher makes the best man- at-arms you can find.

"Appear with your wife and the children at their weddings and funerals and feasts.
Be polite but not friendly to Bishops; be good to all poor parish priests.
Say 'we,' 'us' and 'ours' when you're talking, instead of 'you fellows' and 'I.'
Don't ride over seeds; keep your temper; and never you tell 'em a lie!"

For all their talk of liberalism and justice you have to walk with them, as one of them to be accepted as one of them.
What's wrong?

Why do you think just cos a white guy looks a certain way then Muslim girls would be okay with dating him?!!
Why do you think just cos a white guy looks a certain way then Muslim girls would be okay with dating him?!!

Experience.
Experience.

Experience doesn't mean Muslim girls would do that. That's really stupid.
Why should I not? These are the same people who get pissy with me when I refuse to drink with them or consume processed junk food.

I have UK friends that don't drink or smoke (have muslim friends that smoke). I get what you mean I can't stand clubbing, drinking or smoking to me it just feels unclean and nasty I don't know why.

Although I do eat junk food.
Experience doesn't mean Muslim girls would do that. That's really stupid.

Ok :smile:

I have UK friends that don't drink or smoke (have muslim friends that smoke). I get what you mean I can't stand clubbing, drinking or smoking to me it just feels unclean and nasty I don't know why.

Although I do eat junk food.

I agree that many Muslims engage in foolish behaviours for example many ''roadmen'' post pictures of themselves surrounded in hookah smoke which is trashy and low class, but what is so rare among whites in a sort of masculine geekishness, which many high class Muslim men have.
Original post by JamesGardiner96
hmm, possibly? But, I've got many Muslim friends who've integrated into society (middle eastern etc.) my main "issue" (not an issue) is south asian muslims.

'Integrated' and yet they shout out "Allah Snack-bar". The UK is not an Islamic country.
Reply 39
Original post by Chaz254
Islam dislikes non-believers.

nah, fam u don't get it. look bruh. i kno in the western culture you guys can marry anyone but in the asian/muslim community it's preferred to marry to a an asian or muslim (which tbh is understandable) i'm British pakistani by Birth.
c'mon G u geddit tho.
Its not like we's totally ainst it tho

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending