The Student Room Group

How much do you sleep poll?

Poll

How much sleep do you get per night?

What's the average amount of sleep you get per night?

I need a lot of energy to focus and function, so I get 9-10hrs of sleep (unless I’m cramming and stressed in which case it’s more like 7hrs).

Scroll to see replies

I always try to get a minimum of 7/8 hrs sleep when possible
Reply 2
About 4-5 hours, I really need to change my habits.
8-9 hours. I go to bed between 9:30pm-10pm and wake up between 6:30-7am. I get headaches if I don't sleep well or for long enough and I'm in a foul mood for the day.
8-9 hours
Original post by DrawTheLine
8-9 hours. I go to bed between 9:30pm-10pm and wake up between 6:30-7am. I get headaches if I don't sleep well or for long enough and I'm in a foul mood for the day.

This is exactly me
Original post by AndrewJoyenusi
This is exactly me

Almost bedtime for us!
Usually get 8-10 hours, but I need about 10 hours to feel okay the next day.
Reply 8
Probably average 7 hours, not much of it is deep sleep so I'm always tired.
Original post by zorob01
What's the average amount of sleep you get per night?

I need a lot of energy to focus and function, so I get 9-10hrs of sleep (unless I’m cramming and stressed in which case it’s more like 7hrs).

5-8 hrs.

Thatcher survived on 4 hours a sleep per day. If she can do it, we all can.
As and when, could be 8 hours, 3 hours or 12
Reply 11
Not enough.
4-6hours. Sleep generally at 1am wake up at 7am.
What's more important than the amount you sleep is actually your sleep pattern, it moderates your circadian rhymes and helps you run smoothly.
I think the amount of sleep you need is genetic, my parents get 4/5 and I can operate on about 90% with that, more like 7 hours for 100%.
I need around 10 to 12 hours of sleep to function properly. I have health issues though.
Original post by hannxm
Usually get 8-10 hours, but I need about 10 hours to feel okay the next day.

Yeah, I’m the same. Used to always need 10 hours, but I’m starting to get used to more like 9 and a half (I have v busy days atm) and I feel almost exactly the same as with 10.
Original post by dhr90
Probably average 7 hours, not much of it is deep sleep so I'm always tired.

The only way I can sleep soundly is wearing a sleeping mask cos I wake with the sun. It’s so annoying that other people can just drift off as soon as they lie down. Especially if they snore cos it reminds you that you're not asleep and they are
About 4 hours. You don't need so much sleep as you get older.
Original post by Blue_Cow
5-8 hrs.

Thatcher survived on 4 hours a sleep per day. If she can do it, we all can.

That’s insane!! I think if I were PM I’d sleep through all of the uk's problems lol
Original post by GovernmentEarner
4-6hours. Sleep generally at 1am wake up at 7am.
What's more important than the amount you sleep is actually your sleep pattern, it moderates your circadian rhymes and helps you run smoothly.
I think the amount of sleep you need is genetic, my parents get 4/5 and I can operate on about 90% with that, more like 7 hours for 100%.

I’d absolutely agree with that. As soon as I start sleeping at different times each night, everything goes haywire.
Original post by Seamus123
About 4 hours. You don't need so much sleep as you get older.

Well I look forward to having more time in my day

Quick Reply

Latest