The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

When do UCAS check for plagiarism

Hi guys so UCAS sent me a welcome email today saying that they have received my application, and it has now been sent to all the unis. I know that UCAS check for plagiarism through this system, do they do that before they process your application and send it to the unis or after? Basically, does the email mean my application has gone through the plagiarism checker safely?

Just to ask, if people have received any plagiarism related emails from UCAS, did they receive it before the welcome letter or after?

When you look on track go onto the 'your application section' then down to your PS then it says if it's plagiarised or not at the bottom.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by GovernmentEarner
When you look on track go onto the 'your application section' then down to your PS then it says if it's plagiarised or not at the bottom.

Omg thank you so much!! just looked and it says 'No similarities were detected in your personal statement'. thank u!!!
Original post by goldyfish
Omg thank you so much!! just looked and it says 'No similarities were detected in your personal statement'. thank u!!!

Did u plagiarise?? Asking because I did plagiarise without knowing the consequence and didn’t have any bad intentions however I am now ****ting myself. So please reply
That's great that the submission was successful. However, I don’t understand why you have worried so much. Did you plagiarise? Did you have a chance to run your application through a plagiarism detector before the submission?

Taking into account the possible consequences of plagiarism for the future of each student, it is better to check all assignments, projects, applications with the help of plagiarism detectors before the submission. I would recommend choosing plagiarism checking tools popular among most universities and colleges for you to be sure that the results will be the same. Some of them are Turnitin, Unicheck, Grammarly, etc. They are usually not free, although some of them offer 1-2 pages free checks to test the services.
Original post by Anonymous
Did u plagiarise?? Asking because I did plagiarise without knowing the consequence and didn’t have any bad intentions however I am now ****ting myself. So please reply

There is a huge chance that it will be pulled up as while online plagiarism checkers might not pick it up the UCAS plagiarism checker will as it not only checks it with other PS handed in it also looks for similar content that has appeared to to be reworked. If it is brought up to be plagiarised they will inform all the universities that you are applying to and they will have to discuss whether they should let you in still

Latest

Trending

Trending