The Student Room Group

Informal Warning

I was driving out of a supermarket car park and noticed two police officers walking into the store, because I saw them I was concentrating on driving slowly and carefully and this made me quite anxious and anyway I failed to notice the zebra crossing. The two police officers started to cross the crossing and I failed to stop, but did as soon as I noticed what I did. They asked me to open my window and I apologised for my error... they didn't take any of my details at all and just said "be careful cos that could have been an old lady" and let me get on with my night. Can I expect that they've taken my registration and that I'll get a caution through the post? I don't believe they were on duty, but I'm just worried now that they've taken my reg...can anyone help?
Original post by rawms7
I was driving out of a supermarket car park and noticed two police officers walking into the store, because I saw them I was concentrating on driving slowly and carefully and this made me quite anxious and anyway I failed to notice the zebra crossing. The two police officers started to cross the crossing and I failed to stop, but did as soon as I noticed what I did. They asked me to open my window and I apologised for my error... they didn't take any of my details at all and just said "be careful cos that could have been an old lady" and let me get on with my night. Can I expect that they've taken my registration and that I'll get a caution through the post? I don't believe they were on duty, but I'm just worried now that they've taken my reg...can anyone help?

By the sounds of it, I doubt it. You made a small, simple mistake and they advised you to be extra careful in future. I'm sure it will be fine.

But try not to run over old ladies on zebra crossings in the future!
Reply 2
I don't think they will care enough to do anything, since you didn't actually do anything anyway. I would say a chat like that is more helpful and they are people as well, who won't take every tiny thing seriously.
Original post by rawms7

There is nothing to worry about. You will not get a caution through the post as its a formal procedure where they offer it you and you have the chance to refuse. They saved themselves the paperwork.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending