The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fullofsurprises
It's just not feasible that Bitcoin could replace the major currencies, so the question is irrelevant. It also isn't clear that devaluation is forced by the west on developing nations, or that it's specifically linked to debt. Printing debt isn't very rational if the scale is out of proportion to the needs of the economy, but apart from some celebrated cases, that isn't the main reason for excessive government debt.

Bitcoin will never become a currency like some people imagine it will be. It simply won't happen for a number of reasons and the first being the governments won't allow it, they'll just ban online stores and supermarkets etc from accepting it.

When Satoshi created bitcoin I think he / they didn't even think it would actually become an officially recognised accepted currency. Bitcoin has the potential to do one thing very well and that is to act as a digital store of value. I honestly don't think there will ever be a decentralised cryptocurrency in general mainstream use. Using a cryptocurrency for a digital service however is certainly possibly, things like smart contracts or the internet of things spring to mind.
Chaos in the making
segwit2x is not happening XD
Sorry about the crash guys, this always happens when I buy.
Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel
Sorry about the crash guys, this always happens when I buy.

~15% isn't a crash, hell it isn't even a correction in my book.

Another 15% and I'll call it a correction, another 35% and i'll call it a crash.
Original post by Ninja Squirrel
~15% isn't a crash, hell it isn't even a correction in my book.

Another 15% and I'll call it a correction, another 35% and i'll call it a crash.

I've held through 35% crashes in the past few months, I'm taking the piss. I really couldn't care less and I held through the Mt Gox crashes and only sold a few weeks before they ceased BTC withdrawals because I wanted to focus on exams.
i panic sold
Nah not selling. I'm investing for 5 - 10 years so a small 20% pullback is nothing major.

The article is misleading. The ether is not lost forever as when the Metropolis hardfork happens the community can decide if they want to implement EIP 156 which can unlock frozen wallets / contracts.

Bare in mind this was a bug in a developers smart contract which has absolutely nothing to do with the Ethereum blockchain as a protocol, everything is golden on that front :smile:

The article is misleading. The ether is not lost forever as when the Metropolis hardfork happens the community can decide if they want to implement EIP 156 which can unlock frozen wallets / contracts.

Bare in mind this was a bug in a developers smart contract which has absolutely nothing to do with the Ethereum blockchain as a protocol, everything is golden on that front :smile:

PRSOM

Can't believe the amount of pseudo-analysts posting things which at best are gross misunderstandings and at worst intentional lies in the media.
PRSOM

Can't believe the amount of pseudo-analysts posting things which at best are gross misunderstandings and at worst intentional lies in the media.

Unfortunately a lot of people don't really have the slightest clue so these media outlets often publish an incomplete story.
During the dotcom bubble period

>American news media, including respected business publications such as Forbes and The Wall Street Journal, took advantage of the public's desire to invest in the stock market; an article in the Wall Street Journal suggested that investors "re-think" the "quaint idea" of profits

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dot-com_bubble#Media_featuring_the_dot-com_bubble

Ironically these same media outlets run on endlessly about the dotcom bubble like it's some gospel of the stock market when some of the biggest and most successful companies were a part of this, including Google, Ebay and Amazon and have gone on to beat their pre-crash peaks.

I would never say Bitcoin is or is not a bubble, I have no desire to tell others what to do, but the fact people genuinely think '''''analysts''''' writing for the WSJ, Forbes and CNBC are highly educated experts is a complete joke, they are basically glorified journalists, in fact worse, they are glorified journalists who repeat the memes of other people.
(edited 6 years ago)
>American news media, including respected business publications such as Forbes and The Wall Street Journal, took advantage of the public's desire to invest in the stock market; an article in the Wall Street Journal suggested that investors "re-think" the "quaint idea" of profits

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dot-com_bubble#Media_featuring_the_d ot-com_bubble

I would never say Bitcoin is or is not a bubble, I have no desire to tell others what to do, but the fact people genuinely think '''''analysts''''' writing for the WSJ, Forbes and CNBC are highly educated experts is a complete joke, they are basically glorified journalists, in fact worse, they are glorified journalists who repeat the memes of other people.

Haha it's clowns like this that people are calling experts

[video="youtube;6_Zmh-9dkcI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_Zmh-9dkcI[/video]

"we finally got that software upgrade that was going on with the system" lmao it wasn't an upgrade it was a fork, a split. Almost anyone can do his job :lol:
Haha it's clowns like this that people are calling experts

[video="youtube;6_Zmh-9dkcI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_Zmh-9dkcI[/video]

"we finally got that software upgrade that was going on with the system" lmao it wasn't an upgrade it was a fork, a split. Almost anyone can do his job :lol:

It's so inaccurate and he was shilling in favour of Bitcoin. It astonishes me that what supposedly highly respected media outlets are just allowing people floorspace to lie their asses off and it makes me doubt anything at all I read or hear in the news.

You've heard of fake news, CNBC = Fake Analysis
Original post by ganjaweed rebel
prsom

can't believe the amount of pseudo-analysts posting things which at best are gross misunderstandings and at worst intentional lies in the media.

fake news media
Just HODL lads, just hodl.
Original post by Dreamville1
Just HODL lads, just hodl.

hodl.jpg
hodl.jpg

Great meme man.
lol watch how many people will get bankrupt in the very near future.
I think Bitcoin like facebook has now achieved terminal velocity, its the defacto online currency and in demand by people from living in non democratic countries.

Unlikely bitcoin will lose its position has the reserve currency of the internet

Latest

Trending

Trending