The Student Room Group

Moving up to a relationship

So I've been hanging around with this girl,met at uni a few weeks back. She asked 'what do you want from me', 'us' and we got to the point of her saying 'it would be a waste not to see where this goes' after talking about something more than friends.

Might sound silly but what should I be doing differently now? Should I be treating her, saying different thing, going to different places? Afraid that if we just carry on she'll think nothing has changed.

Thanks in advance
I think you should be affectionate in all areas. Show her you desire and appreciate her. Click naturally as if you have known her forever. Let your souls become United. Share your desires, fears, dreams, 5 year plan and much more. Take it day by day. Enjoy her company. Ask her if she needs anything, take her out on a date with flowers waiting. Rub her feet. Okay with her hair. (;
Reply 2
Original post by Godschild612
I think you should be affectionate in all areas. Show her you desire and appreciate her. Click naturally as if you have known her forever. Let your souls become United. Share your desires, fears, dreams, 5 year plan and much more. Take it day by day. Enjoy her company. Ask her if she needs anything, take her out on a date with flowers waiting. Rub her feet. Okay with her hair. (;

Okay! Quite a step up aha, I'll definitely step it up a bit
This is a very sweet post. How nice that you're thinking about this (and that she's been open w/ you about being more than friends). If you haven't been on official dates then take her out and honestly, in my opinion, you should pay at the beginning (the first few dates then hopefully she'll step up and pay as well). Occasionally text her good morning, letting her know that you're thinking of her first thing in the morning or text her good-night. When you are out and about together don't hesitate to hold her hand, oddly enough that, for some people, is a stronger expression of 'we're in a relationship' than having sex. Treat her with respect - not only should you be willing to discuss your romantic interest but should eventually discuss your personal goal, aspirations, concerns etc. but also ask for her opinion and respect it. Also, treat her like a 'lady' and show respect to her when you are with your guy friends. You don't have to (nor should you) fawn over her but think about her and what you think she'd like. But, mainly, don't over-think it..... she likes the guy (and personality) she has gotten to know over the last few weeks. Continue to just be yourself and enjoy each other's company! Best of Luck to both of you!
There’s not much too say... if you have feelings and they’re reciprocated things just naturally occur. If you come here asking for advice maybe you should ask yourself whether you truthfully like this girl or you’re not just fooling yourself. Anyway, demonstrate in your way your feelings through attitudes don’t just throw the “L” word easily or it will become vulgar. Ask her out more frequently but also give her space, don’t act too needy usually girls don’t like that especially in your phase where things are just not sufficiently solid yet. Give her gifts every once in a while, flowers... watch a movie together... use your creativity in this aspect. Most importantly make her feel the first person you ever come to especially when you’re going through something bad, girls really love it when you share your life problems because that makes them feel that you trust them and special because you’re relying on them to go through it and not someone else. In general girls love when you share your life like an open book, but make sure you keep disclosure at a slow pace, some mystery is also good because it keeps the interest and the excitement up.
Reply 5
Original post by Hopefully1
This is a very sweet post. How nice that you're thinking about this (and that she's been open w/ you about being more than friends). If you haven't been on official dates then take her out and honestly, in my opinion, you should pay at the beginning (the first few dates then hopefully she'll step up and pay as well). Occasionally text her good morning, letting her know that you're thinking of her first thing in the morning or text her good-night. When you are out and about together don't hesitate to hold her hand, oddly enough that, for some people, is a stronger expression of 'we're in a relationship' than having sex. Treat her with respect - not only should you be willing to discuss your romantic interest but should eventually discuss your personal goal, aspirations, concerns etc. but also ask for her opinion and respect it. Also, treat her like a 'lady' and show respect to her when you are with your guy friends. You don't have to (nor should you) fawn over her but think about her and what you think she'd like. But, mainly, don't over-think it..... she likes the guy (and personality) she has gotten to know over the last few weeks. Continue to just be yourself and enjoy each other's company! Best of Luck to both of you!

Thank you very much 😊

Original post by claudiorafael
There’s not much too say... if you have feelings and they’re reciprocated things just naturally occur. If you come here asking for advice maybe you should ask yourself whether you truthfully like this girl or you’re not just fooling yourself. Anyway, demonstrate in your way your feelings through attitudes don’t just throw the “L” word easily or it will become vulgar. Ask her out more frequently but also give her space, don’t act too needy usually girls don’t like that especially in your phase where things are just not sufficiently solid yet. Give her gifts every once in a while, flowers... watch a movie together... use your creativity in this aspect. Most importantly make her feel the first person you ever come to especially when you’re going through something bad, girls really love it when you share your life problems because that makes them feel that you trust them and special because you’re relying on them to go through it and not someone else. In general girls love when you share your life like an open book, but make sure you keep disclosure at a slow pace, some mystery is also good because it keeps the interest and the excitement up.

'not too much to say'... *writes para 😂
Thank you though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending