The Student Room Group

EmilySarah00’s 2017/18 struggle to University (A*AA)

Scroll to see replies

09/11/17 Update - Meeting Deadlines :dumbells: :

I woke up this morning, after my let down attempt at a lie in, to see that my friend had sent me a maths problem which was definitely a great brain teaser when lying in my bed at 9AM! :laugh:

Here's the question for those who fancy a go!

Spoiler

So after being awoken by maths, I headed into college, for guess what?! Triple Maths! The first hour was spent doing Core 3 questions on solving equations involving the modulus function, despite having to sketch quite a lot of graphs it wasn't too bad! :yep:

Then in the afternoon I had two hours of further maths, one of which was a super painful hour of Mechanics 2 Kinematics questions. Due to having done FP4 so quickly it means we've started M2 without having finished M1 which causes a fair amount of issues. I was lagging behind because the others in the class take physics and I do not, but I'm managing it, even if I am slower than the rest (If you couldn't guess I'm not a mechanics fan. :facepalm:)

The final hour was spent doing Decision 2, which was much more relaxing! We did another question on the Hungarian Algorithm and spent the rest of the lesson having a laugh with our teacher. Here's a picture of the first page of notes I took in the lesson.

IMG_7708.jpg

When I got home I first watched the most recent episode of Riverdale as my friend was flapping at me about it over Snapchat, insisting I must watch, so of course I caved. :colondollar: Then as my deadline for completing the Design section of my Computer Science coursework is tomorrow, I knew I had my work cut out tonight trying to finish the whole section off. So the majority of the rest of my evening looked something like this:

Attachment not found

(TSR doesn't like me when I want to attach more than one image to a post so sorry if this has failed miserably. :cry2:)

I managed to finish off the whole of the Design section of my coursework, besides one pesky flowchart which I can't get my head around for the life of me. I also broke 10,000 words on my main coursework document tonight as i'm trying to be as detailed as possible, so hopefully my teacher will be proud of me this time!:angel:

I'm really dreading when it comes to programming my coursework project though because I can already tell Object Oriented programming will be the bane of my life. :woo:

So after one hell of a night, I'm finally done, until tomorrow!
- Emily x

Tag Team :party:

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
The Hungarian Algorithm.:moon:

Kinematics though.:afraid:
Original post by EmilySarah00
09/11/17 Update - Meeting Deadlines :dumbells: :

I woke up this morning, after my let down attempt at a lie in, to see that my friend had sent me a maths problem which was definitely a great brain teaser when lying in my bed at 9AM! :laugh:

Here's the question for those who fancy a go!

Spoiler

So after being awoken by maths, I headed into college, for guess what?! Triple Maths! The first hour was spent doing Core 3 questions on solving equations involving the modulus function, despite having to sketch quite a lot of graphs it wasn't too bad! :yep:

Then in the afternoon I had two hours of further maths, one of which was a super painful hour of Mechanics 2 Kinematics questions. Due to having done FP4 so quickly it means we've started M2 without having finished M1 which causes a fair amount of issues. I was lagging behind because the others in the class take physics and I do not, but I'm managing it, even if I am slower than the rest (If you couldn't guess I'm not a mechanics fan. :facepalm:)

The final hour was spent doing Decision 2, which was much more relaxing! We did another question on the Hungarian Algorithm and spent the rest of the lesson having a laugh with our teacher. Here's a picture of the first page of notes I took in the lesson.

IMG_7708.jpg

When I got home I first watched the most recent episode of Riverdale as my friend was flapping at me about it over Snapchat, insisting I must watch, so of course I caved. :colondollar: Then as my deadline for completing the Design section of my Computer Science coursework is tomorrow, I knew I had my work cut out tonight trying to finish the whole section off. So the majority of the rest of my evening looked something like this:

Attachment not found

(TSR doesn't like me when I want to attach more than one image to a post so sorry if this has failed miserably. :cry2:)

I managed to finish off the whole of the Design section of my coursework, besides one pesky flowchart which I can't get my head around for the life of me. I also broke 10,000 words on my main coursework document tonight as i'm trying to be as detailed as possible, so hopefully my teacher will be proud of me this time!:angel:

I'm really dreading when it comes to programming my coursework project though because I can already tell Object Oriented programming will be the bane of my life. :woo:

So after one hell of a night, I'm finally done, until tomorrow!
- Emily x

Tag Team :party:

Spoiler

can I offer an answer to that maths question?

Spoiler

also, I'm enjoying reading your updates every day!

edit
hold on, changed my mind!

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by 04MR17
The Hungarian Algorithm.:moon:

Kinematics though.:afraid:

And that is exactly why Decision Maths beats Mechanics any day of the week :laugh:

Original post by Lelanor
can I offer an answer to that maths question?

Spoiler

also, I'm enjoying reading your updates every day!

In response to that answer:

Spoiler

Thank you, glad you're enjoying it! :hugs:
And that is exactly why Decision Maths beats Mechanics any day of the week :laugh:
Original post by Lelanor

edit
hold on, changed my mind!

Spoiler

Ah I didn't see the edit

Spoiler

I actually love your notes, they're so neat and lovely! :love:

Spoiler

No, no, no, no! Mechanics is the best sort of maths (straight after Pure obviously :biggrin: )
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by RoyalSheepy
I actually love your notes, they're so neat and lovely! :love:

Spoiler

No, no, no, no! Mechanics is the best sort of maths (straight after Pure obviously :biggrin: )

Neat notes make me so happy, I never have time for neat notes in mechanics though because I'm too busy slowly lagging behind to have time for that. :laugh:

Spoiler

Keep going! I enjoyed today's update!

Spoiler

Original post by Cyberspace
Keep going! I enjoyed today's update!

Thanking youuu! :heart:

Original post by Lemur14

Spoiler

Nailed it :wink2:
Lol much faster than me by the sounds :laugh:
(edited 6 years ago)
Nailed it :wink2:
Lol much faster than me by the sounds :laugh:

Really? Wow that's unexpected!

Spoiler

Original post by Lemur14
Really? Wow that's unexpected!

Spoiler

Spoiler

There's definitely hope for you! Always has been in fact. :giggle:
My friend was asked the question by a Cambridge Admissions Officer at a school event of some sort. :h:

Spoiler

There's definitely hope for you! Always has been in fact. :giggle:
My friend was asked the question by a Cambridge Admissions Officer at a school event of some sort. :h:

Spoiler

Awww thanks :hugs: I would disagree at times but I'm glad someone thinks so!
Ooh interesting... Something good to consider!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice blog @EmilySarah00! I've featured it in our 'favourite blogs' section in our hub, which you can see here :h: Keep it up and good luck!
Original post by Fox Corner
Nice blog @EmilySarah00! I've featured it in our 'favourite blogs' section in our hub, which you can see here :h: Keep it up and good luck!

Ah! Thank you very much :grin:
10/11/17 Update - What a Week :sleep:

So it's Friday and I'm absolutely exhausted, trying to keep on top of things throughout the week rather than letting myself get behind is actually so tiring, but writing this GYG is what's giving me the willpower to carry on through. Who knew writing a blog would be the solution to my procrastination problems aye?!

Today I woke up at 7AM ready to get the bus at 8, I sacrificed breakfast to instead put makeup on because I felt disgusting. On any other day this would have been a bad idea but it paid off today because I got food in both my morning lessons :laugh:

First lesson I had Computer Science and it was Design section coursework deadline day but I got it done so it was all ok! :ninjagirl: Our teacher was back after his 6 week sick period so it was a rather strange and slightly emotional lesson. I first got the test back which I did on Wednesday based on computer networks and I got 35/45 which was 1 mark off an A! :cry2: I'll let myself off though because I've never completed a test in worse conditions than I did that one, so I'm using that as an excuse for myself.

My teacher then went through my coursework with me, he spent half an hour looking through it and comparing it to the mark scheme. He seemed fairly impressed with the vast majority of things but just wanted to clarify what I needed to do for the test plan subsection. Admittedly I had no idea what to write for that part so completely winged it. He actually seemed really impressed with me though so I'm pretty pleased. He also started to try and explain how I should go about coding my program, which completely went over my head, but I nodded along anyway. :shy2: I then got a brownie at the end of the lesson that sir had made because he'd come back (How cute! :cute:)

Second period I had a half lesson of Further Maths, I was the last person to walk in, having just finished eating my brownie, and as I walked in my teacher handed me a whole pack of Oreos and said "no one else in the class likes these so looks like they're all yours." Safe to say I didn't have a very healthy morning. :laugh: I then spent my whole half hour on one Kinematics question that just went horribly wrong and I had to try and rectify it all. Then in the next half of second period we had a one day early remembrance day ceremony on the school yard, it was absolutely freezing outside though and I regrettably didn't take my coat! :facepalm:

I then had just under two hours of free period in which I completed a Maths end of topic homework sheet on the Product and Quotient rules. I didn't get anything else done in this time because I went out to Costa in the middle.... :colondollar: Finally I had Maths where I completed a mass of questions on solving equations involving the modulus function, and was just very fed up of graph sketching by the end.

Once I got home after a nightmarish bus journey I'd completely gone off the idea of doing more work, so instead I put on the third episode of Stranger Things 2. Watching one episode at a time is definitely enough for me! Then I went to Nando's for a meal with all my friends which was really nice. But honestly now all I want to do is curl up in my bed, under a huge pile of blankets, and go to sleep. :yawn:

Below is a list of things I plan to get done this weekend:

Mechanics 2 sheet of Kinematics Questions (Homework due 16/11.)
Finish off the small amendments that need to be made to my Computer Science coursework Design section.
Begin to make an attempt at developing a Network within a GUI for my Computer Science coursework.
Get my first lot of Christmas shopping done, and buy myself some new black jeans because I somehow managed to lose mine?! How you lose a pair of jeans I really have no idea but I somehow managed to do it. :rofl:

Thats all for today!
- Emily x

The amazing people who care for what I write:

Spoiler

So it's Friday and I'm absolutely exhausted, trying to keep on top of things throughout the week rather than letting myself get behind is actually so tiring, but writing this GYG is what's giving me the willpower to carry on through. Who knew writing a blog would be the solution to my procrastination problems aye?!

Today I woke up at 7AM ready to get the bus at 8, I sacrificed breakfast to instead put makeup on because I felt disgusting. On any other day this would have been a bad idea but it paid off today because I got food in both my morning lessons :laugh:

First lesson I had Computer Science and it was Design section coursework deadline day but I got it done so it was all ok! :ninjagirl: Our teacher was back after his 6 week sick period so it was a rather strange and slightly emotional lesson. I first got the test back which I did on Wednesday based on computer networks and I got 35/45 which was 1 mark off an A! :cry2: I'll let myself off though because I've never completed a test in worse conditions than I did that one, so I'm using that as an excuse for myself.

My teacher then went through my coursework with me, he spent half an hour looking through it and comparing it to the mark scheme. He seemed fairly impressed with the vast majority of things but just wanted to clarify what I needed to do for the test plan subsection. Admittedly I had no idea what to write for that part so completely winged it. He actually seemed really impressed with me though so I'm pretty pleased. He also started to try and explain how I should go about coding my program, which completely went over my head, but I nodded along anyway. :shy2: I then got a brownie at the end of the lesson that sir had made because he'd come back (How cute! :cute:)

Second period I had a half lesson of Further Maths, I was the last person to walk in, having just finished eating my brownie, and as I walked in my teacher handed me a whole pack of Oreos and said "no one else in the class likes these so looks like they're all yours." Safe to say I didn't have a very healthy morning. :laugh: I then spent my whole half hour on one Kinematics question that just went horribly wrong and I had to try and rectify it all. Then in the next half of second period we had a one day early remembrance day ceremony on the school yard, it was absolutely freezing outside though and I regrettably didn't take my coat! :facepalm:

I then had just under two hours of free period in which I completed a Maths end of topic homework sheet on the Product and Quotient rules. I didn't get anything else done in this time because I went out to Costa in the middle.... :colondollar: Finally I had Maths where I completed a mass of questions on solving equations involving the modulus function, and was just very fed up of graph sketching by the end.

Once I got home after a nightmarish bus journey I'd completely gone off the idea of doing more work, so instead I put on the third episode of Stranger Things 2. Watching one episode at a time is definitely enough for me! Then I went to Nando's for a meal with all my friends which was really nice. But honestly now all I want to do is curl up in my bed, under a huge pile of blankets, and go to sleep. :yawn:

Finish off the small amendments that need to be made to my Computer Science coursework Design section.
Begin to make an attempt at developing a Network within a GUI for my Computer Science coursework.
Get my first lot of Christmas shopping done, and buy myself some new black jeans because I somehow managed to lose mine?! How you lose a pair of jeans I really have no idea but I somehow managed to do it. :rofl:

Thats all for today!
- Emily x

Spoiler

Where's the best place to do Christmas shopping?:holmes:

Thats all for today!
- Emily x

Spoiler

well done for completing this week!
seems really interesting :biggrin:

the one day early rememberance ceremony is a bit odd - obviously it’s good as you still take time to remember but it’s not 11/11 :P

i hope you have a good day!
Original post by clouddbubbles
well done for completing this week!
seems really interesting :biggrin:

the one day early rememberance ceremony is a bit odd - obviously it’s good as you still take time to remember but it’s not 11/11 :P

i hope you have a good day!

We had a remembrance day thing too and I suppose it’s because we’re not in school for the actual day so they do it as close to the day as possible

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending