The Student Room Group

GYG 2017-18 Reach for the A*s...or 9s or...whatever

Scroll to see replies

Mon 6th Nov

today was wild. so next thurs we have this 'meet the tutor evening' thing and they've asked me to speak about how im finding the gcse course...

D R a M a
we had to present our analysis and our teacher roasted us bc we just did text analysis but we needed to take it 'from page to stage'

P H y S i C s
went through how to work out distance/displacement from a graph

L a T i N
translated some more stuff

M a T H s
more frustrums and our test is next wed :s-smilie:

e N g L i S H
we did 'work' aka listening to the teacher ramble about who knows what

gonna do some art now, hopefully it isn't as bad as my last piece! how was your monday?
(edited 6 years ago)
Tues 7th Nov

just got back from badminton

todays lessons:

B i O L o G y
we did the test, i found it pretty ok! that probs means that i did terrible but hey ho

A r T
actually taking the....agh i spent all weekend doing this piece and some people were like 'oh sorry i havent done it' and so she's extended the deadline! great......................

P H y S i C s
went through the test. realised that cm2 to m2 is divide by 10,000 not times

P s H e
we did our internationalism project (model MUN)

G e R M a N
idk what we actually did in the lesson, but i was pretty chuffed bc my recent writing was apparently really good! my friend next to me got an AE which is above expected, but then i got an SAE which im guessing is super above expected???

now im just idk im hungry so im gonna eat and then maybe write my speech thing
(edited 6 years ago)
Wed 8th Nov

M a T H s
revision lesson

A r T
'finished' our a1 pieces (i took mine home bc it looks terrible)

H i S T o R y
why the league of nations failed pt 3

P H y S i C s
newtons 2nd law

D R a M a
live theatre work

gonna now do some chem, history and mymaths ughh
(edited 6 years ago)
Thurs 9th Nov

had the jack petchey speak out day. didn't win unfortunately but i learnt some great skills!
Original post by mez_merising
Thurs 9th Nov

had the jack petchey speak out day. didn't win unfortunately but i learnt some great skills!

I have the Jack Petchey speak out day in 2 weeks. Only ONE of us can be chosen from around 50 girls.....if i don't get through i won't mind since like you said i would've learnt some great skills which i can always use for future references and personal statements etc! How has you week been?:biggrin:
Original post by A.N123
I have the Jack Petchey speak out day in 2 weeks. Only ONE of us can be chosen from around 50 girls.....if i don't get through i won't mind since like you said i would've learnt some great skills which i can always use for future references and personal statements etc! How has you week been?:biggrin:

same but for us it was 1 out of our whole year group!
same but for us it was 1 out of our whole year group!

Damn
Fri 10th Nov

today was wild right from the beginning. i woke up at the usual time of half six, and me being the idiot that i am thought it was a saturday so i went on my phone for an hour. it wasnt until my sister was getting ready for school that i realised it was friday......after swearing and realising my bus left in 5 mins (my schools an hour away so i cannot miss it) i ran to the bathroom, flung on some clothes and ran ran ran, and im not a fit person. luckily the bustop is only 2 mins away so i just made it!

today's lessons:

B i O L o G y
we got our tests back........i did pretty bad. i got 42/53 = 80% = grade 8. we're gonna go through tests next lesson and we started a new topic on organization and the digestive system

C H e M i S T R y
did some more mole work and how to find the balanced equations from a given mass?? i dunno how to explain it lol

H i S T o R y
wrapped up why the league of nations sucked in the 1920s so we're moving on to why it flopped in the 1930s!

R e L i G I o U s odf e D u C a T I o N
a joke. not to be confused with GCSE rs, been there, done that. we had to discuss 'what is life' just ended up doing chem hw lol

M a T H s
revision lesson. everyone was too loud. panicked about forgetting how to factorise quadratics, realised i just read the questions wrong lmaoo

how's your friday been? and what plans have you got for the weekend? mine are (you guessed it) revision and homework yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also copied this idea from amazing anya, so im tagging some people down below, so go and check them out!!

@cloudbubbles
@A.N123
@Toastiekid
@Nikey
@Fox Corner
@faithoshxo
@Mikos
@laurawatt

@troubletracking
@BChemGee
@zeusexmachina
@Keslo
@Zuko22
(edited 6 years ago)
Fri 10th Nov

today was wild right from the beginning. i woke up at the usual time of half six, and me being the idiot that i am thought it was a saturday so i went on my phone for an hour. it wasnt until my sister was getting ready for school that i realised it was friday......after swearing and realising my bus left in 5 mins (my schools an hour away so i cannot miss it) i ran to the bathroom, flung on some clothes and ran ran ran, and im not a fit person. luckily the bustop is only 2 mins away so i just made it!

today's lessons:

B i O L o G y
we got our tests back........i did pretty bad. i got 42/53 = 80% = grade 8. we're gonna go through tests next lesson and we started a new topic on organization and the digestive system

C H e M i S T R y
did some more mole work and how to find the balanced equations from a given mass?? i dunno how to explain it lol

H i S T o R y
wrapped up why the league of nations sucked in the 1920s so we're moving on to why it flopped in the 1930s!

R e L i G I o U s e D u C a T I o N
a joke. not to be confused with GCSE rs, been there, done that. we had to discuss 'what is life' just ended up doing chem hw lol

M a T H s
revision lesson. everyone was too loud. panicked about forgetting how to factorise quadratics, realised i just read the questions wrong lmaoo

how's your friday been? and what plans have you got for the weekend? mine are (you guessed it) revision and homework yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also copied this idea from amazing anya, so im tagging some people down below, so go and check out there GYG threads!

@cloudbubbles
@A.N123
@Toastiekid
@Nikey
@faithoshxo
@Mikos
@laurawatt
@SmartMemoryGirl!
@troubletracking
@zeusexmachina
@Keslo
@Zuko22

Haha its good you caught ur bus! If i ever woke up late i would probably beg my mum y
To call the school and tell them im going to a gp appointment! And thank you for tagging me!!!!! I really need to start my own gyg.....:biggrin:
Original post by A.N123
Haha its good you caught ur bus! If i ever woke up late i would probably beg my mum y
To call the school and tell them im going to a gp appointment! And thank you for tagging me!!!!! I really need to start my own gyg.....:biggrin:

yesss!!!! i'd love you to start one!
Original post by A.N123

i would love it if you started a gyg!
Fri 10th Nov

today's lessons:

B i O L o G y

C H e M i S T R y

H i S T o R y

R e L i G I o U s e D u C a T I o N

M a T H s

also copied this idea from amazing anya, so im tagging some people down below, so go and check out there GYG threads!

@cloudbubbles
@A.N123
@Toastiekid
@Nikey
@faithoshxo
@Mikos
@laurawatt
@SmartMemoryGirl!
@troubletracking
@BChemGee
@zeusexmachina
@Keslo
@Zuko22

tbh im surprised your gyg didn’t make it onto the ‘favourites’ - i love it and it’s amazing!!!
i’m sorry i haven’t really checked yours out all week, ive been so busy :frown:

80% is great! i mean i got 76% on my physics test which i’m not happy with and i’m glad i have to retake it so you can probably do better but i’d be happy with that, i have my test on organisation and the digestive system on thursday *cries inside*

my friday has been so eventful as you’ve probably read! tomorrow i’m writing an essay and revising (help me pls) and i have swimming in the evening, sunday i have skiing then i’m going shopping which i’m looking forward to smmmmm!!

am i really amazing? :wink:
i wanted to tag so many more but there’s a limit of 20 ugh!

have a good night :smile:
Original post by clouddbubbles
tbh im surprised your gyg didn’t make it onto the ‘favourites’ - i love it and it’s amazing!!!
i’m sorry i haven’t really checked yours out all week, ive been so busy :frown:

80% is great! i mean i got 76% on my physics test which i’m not happy with and i’m glad i have to retake it so you can probably do better but i’d be happy with that, i have my test on organisation and the digestive system on thursday *cries inside*

my friday has been so eventful as you’ve probably read! tomorrow i’m writing an essay and revising (help me pls) and i have swimming in the evening, sunday i have skiing then i’m going shopping which i’m looking forward to smmmmm!!

am i really amazing? :wink:
i wanted to tag so many more but there’s a limit of 20 ugh!

have a good night :smile:

*cries with you about all the tests we've gotta do*
whats your essay on?

and of course you're amazing...tbh much more than amazing, i just liked the allliteration! you are so much more than words can describe xx
*cries with you about all the tests we've gotta do*
whats your essay on?

and of course your amazing...tbh much more than amazing, i just liked the allliteration! you are so much more than words can describe xx

let’s get through them together arghhhh
it’s on ‘explain how the throckmorton plot was a threat to elizabeth’ but i can’t write more than a page?!

the alliteration is great!
i don’t know your full name or whatever but you can be known as marvellous mez :wink:
Original post by clouddbubbles
let’s get through them together arghhhh
it’s on ‘explain how the throckmorton plot was a threat to elizabeth’ but i can’t write more than a page?!

the alliteration is great!
i don’t know your full name or whatever but you can be known as marvellous mez :wink:

hahaa how 'mez merising' :wink:
hahaa how 'mez merising' :wink:

good one :wink:
Fri 10th Nov

today's lessons:

B i O L o G y

C H e M i S T R y

H i S T o R y

M a T H s

also copied this idea from amazing anya, so im tagging some people down below, so go and check them out!!

@cloudbubbles
@A.N123
@Toastiekid
@Nikey
@Fox Corner
@faithoshxo
@Mikos
@laurawatt
@SmartMemoryGirl!
@troubletracking
@BChemGee
@zeusexmachina
@Keslo
@Zuko22

Thanks for the tag :smile:

80% is bad?? Nahhh. Well done :biggrin:
Organisation is one of my favourite biology units.

I panic in maths too when I don't read the questions properly.

Not got many plans this weekend. Today I'm going to the hospital with my nan (just a check-up) and then town to buy flashcards. Then I'll do some revision and finish the book I'm reading hopefully.
Original post by Nikey
Thanks for the tag :smile:

80% is bad?? Nahhh. Well done :biggrin:
Organisation is one of my favourite biology units.

I panic in maths too when I don't read the questions properly.

Not got many plans this weekend. Today I'm going to the hospital with my nan (just a check-up) and then town to buy flashcards. Then I'll do some revision and finish the book I'm reading hopefully.

Have fun! Where’d you get Flashcards from bc I can never find any good ones?
Have fun! Where’d you get Flashcards from bc I can never find any good ones?

I go to the Works and get a pack of 60 white ones for £1.
Fri 10th Nov

today's lessons:

B i O L o G y

C H e M i S T R y

H i S T o R y

M a T H s

@cloudbubbles
@A.N123
@Toastiekid
@Nikey
@Fox Corner
@faithoshxo
@Mikos
@laurawatt
@SmartMemoryGirl!
@troubletracking
@BChemGee
@zeusexmachina
@Keslo
@Zuko22

You did amazing in your test! You should be proud of yourself, and you still have time to improve :smile:
Thanks for the tag aswell

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending