The Student Room Group

Applying after first year of uni

Hi, I'm somebody who dropped out after first year/is reapplying and have a Certificate of Higher Education. I want to declare my module results, but there is no option for this in Certificate of Higher Education in UCAS qualifications. I read this thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2177589
and it has been helpful. But I'm unsure - is it a risk if I put that in rather than my "official" CertHE? Will UCAS and universities be prickly about it?
Original post by 430
Hi, I'm somebody who dropped out after first year/is reapplying and have a Certificate of Higher Education. I want to declare my module results, but there is no option for this in Certificate of Higher Education in UCAS qualifications. I read this thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2177589
and it has been helpful. But I'm unsure - is it a risk if I put that in rather than my "official" CertHE? Will UCAS and universities be prickly about it?

If you got the exit award then put it as that.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
If you got the exit award then put it as that.

Alright, thanks - should I just mention my module marks in my personal statement then?
Original post by 430
Alright, thanks - should I just mention my module marks in my personal statement then?

You can add it as a qualification and put the modules in
Reply 4
You can add it as a qualification and put the modules in

Sorry, I'm a bit confused now - would this kind of thing be accepted by UCAS/universities?
Original post by 430
Sorry, I'm a bit confused now - would this kind of thing be accepted by UCAS/universities?

Yes that would be fine :smile:
Reply 6
Thank you for your help! I'll add it in now :smile:
Reply 7
Yes that would be fine :smile:

Sorry, one more question - can I substitute "pass" with my result (first, 2:1, etc.) in the Result section? It would just say pass on the CertHE but I think it would be better to put my classification in.
Original post by 430
Sorry, one more question - can I substitute "pass" with my result (first, 2:1, etc.) in the Result section? It would just say pass on the CertHE but I think it would be better to put my classification in.

Is there a classification on your transcript/certificate?
Reply 9
Is there a classification on your transcript/certificate?

Just to be clear, I haven't actually got my CertHE yet (currently waiting to be printed, though I have a letter from university saying that I will receive one), but I've been in contact and their understanding is that it will just say "Pass" on it.
Original post by 430
Just to be clear, I haven't actually got my CertHE yet (currently waiting to be printed, though I have a letter from university saying that I will receive one), but I've been in contact and their understanding is that it will just say "Pass" on it.

Then you ll have to put that I m afraid as it's your official grade.
Reply 11
Alright, thank you for your help once again :smile: I should be sorted now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending