The Student Room Group

Easier A-levels

For A-level I am thinking about taking Biology and Sport Science, so I would like to take an easier subject as my third, what should I take?
sociology or media studies
No idea, what subjects do you enjoy?
Reply 3
Well, which subjects would you consider? No good people just saying random subjects.
whatever you do, avoid art like the plague.
Original post by JME1993
Well, which subjects would you consider? No good people just saying random subjects.

subjects like art, but I don't really want to take art because I do it for GCSE and its already a lot of work.
Original post by _gcx
No idea, what subjects do you enjoy?

subjects like art, but I don't really want to take art because I do it for GCSE and its already a lot of work.
Original post by faloodeh
whatever you do, avoid art like the plague.

I was thinking of doing art, but quite a few people have told me how much work it is
Original post by strawberries567
sociology or media studies

thank you, I was considering sociology :smile:
Sociology is useful and apparently very easy to pass
Original post by emilyyytaylorr

Thank you :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by charlotte20000x
I was thinking of doing art, but quite a few people have told me how much work it is

Do 3 A-levels you enjoy and can do well at.

If you like art at GCSE it's likely you will also like it at A-level. Yes there's a fair bit of "work", but it's doing something you enjoy and are good at.

Don't discount it.
Original post by emilyyytaylorr

Useful for what....
Original post by Doonesbury
Do 3 A-levels you enjoy and can do well at.

If you like art at GCSE it's likely you will also like it at A-level. Yes there's a fair bit of "work", but it's doing something you enjoy and are good at.

Don't discount it.

ok, thank you, I haven't quite made up my mind yet
I would try to have a think about what you want to do after your A-levels first. It might be that a certain career or uni degree specifies certain subjects at A-level, so by picking "easy" A-levels, you might limit your options.
Original post by charlotte20000x

if you want to take it because you like it/it will help you then go for it but if you want to take it because you think its easy then thats a big mistake
I would 100% avoid psychology, everyone does it, loads of people regret it. It’s such hard work and there’s so much information to learn. I do drama and I think it’s quite good, there’s not too much revision involved and you’ll be alright as long as you’re good at English

Quick Reply

Latest