The Student Room Group

Student at Sixth Form

Some student at my Sixth Form college told the head of pastoral care that I am using drugs. They want to set up a meeting ASAP next week, but I don't know why this student wanted to even say such a thing to them. Plus, while I do them, I do them outside of school in my free time. I'm 18, so I don't know what they can do. What should I say in this meeting? And why did this student feel the need to tell them?
Reply 1
Plus. I've always felt like many people at the sixth form don't like me because I'm not very talkative, but I don't get why they'd do this. Typically, they just leave me alone.
Sorry to hear this..it’s quite unfair to do something like that, however it may be because someone there does care about you.
Do you use recreational drugs regularly? Just say what you want to say to the college and ask questions. Be honest x
Reply 3
Make a good lie if you feel it's necessary. Some people just want to stir up trouble.
Reply 4
Original post by hancamo17
Sorry to hear this..it’s quite unfair to do something like that, however it may be because someone there does care about you.
Do you use recreational drugs regularly? Just say what you want to say to the college and ask questions. Be honest x

I don't know who could care that much about me, as I don't have friends, there, just acquaintances. And I feel a lot of people dislike me and avoid me. I've accepted that and I'm fine with it, but I don't accept them messing with my life like this.

I never bring them into school, but I have used them before school. I have never supplied. I don't want to be honest, because the school is close with the police, and I'm an adult, and I could get arrested. I just don't know what to do.
Reply 5
Original post by Bio 7
Make a good lie if you feel it's necessary. Some people just want to stir up trouble.

That's what I think, because I truly feel some people there dislike me and I'm cool with that, just don't try to mess up my life. Focus on your own business, and I'll focus on mine. I just don't know what lie I can use. What would you suggest?
Ah man I’m sorry,just wanted to look on the brighter side but obviously these people are just horrible and cold. Why can’t they just mind their own business?!!

I don’t blame you for not knowing what to do.. I wouldn’t know either but just do what your gut tells you. Could you go to another college or is that too much trouble? X
Reply 7
Ah man I’m sorry,just wanted to look on the brighter side but obviously these people are just horrible and cold. Why can’t they just mind their own business?!!

I don’t blame you for not knowing what to do.. I wouldn’t know either but just do what your gut tells you. Could you go to another college or is that too much trouble? X

You're right, they should mind their own business. I'm in Year 13 and in the process of sending off my application to university, I can't go to another school now. I just wish I knew what to do and say in this situation.
It will all work out. Deny everything then x
Reply 9
It will all work out. Deny everything then x

Thank you, it really helps to talk.
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you, it really helps to talk.

Tell them that you never taken drugs and (if their only evidence is someone else's word) remind them that they have too little evidence to prove that you take drugs.

Perhaps you could talk about how taking drugs could prevent you from achieving your aspirations (e.g if you got caught by police for taking drugs then it could go on your criminal record...).

If you want to prepare for the interview then try to think about the questions that an interviewer would ask and come up with valid responses for them.

Good luck.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by stoyfan
Tell them that you never taken drugs and (if their only evidence is someone else's word) remind them that they have too little evidence to prove that you take drugs.

Perhaps you could talk about how taking drugs could prevent you from achieving your aspirations (e.g if you got caught by police for taking drugs then it could go on your criminal record...).

If you want to prepare for the interview then try to think about the questions that an interviewer would ask and come up with valid responses for them.

Good luck.

Thank you. What questions do you think they will ask?
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
That's what I think, because I truly feel some people there dislike me and I'm cool with that, just don't try to mess up my life. Focus on your own business, and I'll focus on mine. I just don't know what lie I can use. What would you suggest?

As said by others just deny it all. A single witness statement is not sufficient to prove really anything.
Original post by Bio 7
As said by others just deny it all. A single witness statement is not sufficient to prove really anything.

I will, but the way they wrote the message to set up a meeting suggests they believe that person over me. But I will deny everything.
As long as they don't have any evidence (and it sounds like they don't) you'll be fine. Even if you did admit it, it's unlikely they'd go to the police, as that would be a pretty huge betrayal of trust. They probably just want to try and talk you out of it more than anything.
Original post by DaftVader
As long as they don't have any evidence (and it sounds like they don't) you'll be fine. Even if you did admit it, it's unlikely they'd go to the police, as that would be a pretty huge betrayal of trust. They probably just want to try and talk you out of it more than anything.

I hope so, but I knew a guy who got caught with drugs, and they called the police. He didn't get kicked out, but he could've been arrested. Also, the police visit with their dogs every week. I'm just scared, and don't understand why this person would say such a thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending