The Student Room Group

Boyfriend going to work in Australia for a year

Scroll to see replies

Be young
Be foolish
But be happy.

Two months into a relationship is not a long time.
Get on with your own life, don't wait for him to say he's found someone else.
Life is way too short to hang around waiting for someone else to write your history.

Good luck. :smile:
be happy it was 2 months and not 2 years. He didn't tell you this earlier cos obv he planned it
2 months will be a lot for you as you like him but do what your gut says.
Selfish sod you are
lol guys are honestly so selfish, erugh.
I mean, on the plus side at least you were only dating for 2 months and not two years.
Reply 25
Original post by CleverSquirrel
X

Also you need to test out this guys loyalty imo

A year away is a long time

If you're stuck at home being faithful and he's getting real down under sampling the local Sheila's ...you're going to feel like a right mug

create a believable fake profile of a girl on facebook/instagram and then ping him with it. A fake australian girl profile living in australia would be perfect!
Call it a day m8, you're (probably) young, and life at that age is too short to wait a year to wait for someone you've been for for two months. Hell do they even class themselves as together after two months these days??
Original post by loveleest
I mean, on the plus side at least you were only dating for 2 months and not two years.

wtf how is it being selfish? You have to look after your own interests before anyones in this life unless ofc they're a child, close family or a spouse of 20 years or something.
Original post by Danny the Geezer
wtf how is it being selfish? You have to look after your own interests before anyones in this life unless ofc they're a child, close family or a spouse of 20 years or something.

I mean that guys are generally much more selfish than girs lol. I know for a fact that most girls dating a guy would not want to move to a whole city away from them, let alone the continent.
Anyway, it's just something i've realised.
I mean that guys are generally much more selfish than girs lol. I know for a fact that most girls dating a guy would not want to move to a whole city away from them, let alone the continent.
Anyway, it's just something i've realised.

Maybe I need to experience a long term relationship (or something substantial, more than two months anyway) but I wouldn't think twice about it. And I wouldn't think twice about terminating the relationship either, in order to do that. See, people are interchangable I call it the "snowflake" effect, no one is unique or irreplaceable. Not in this day of frivolity and promiscuity. Kudos to people that do stay 2getha 4eva though.
Original post by Danny the Geezer
Maybe I need to experience a long term relationship (or something substantial, more than two months anyway) but I wouldn't think twice about it. And I wouldn't think twice about terminating the relationship either, in order to do that. See, people are interchangable I call it the "snowflake" effect, no one is unique or irreplaceable. Not in this day of frivolity and promiscuity. Kudos to people that do stay 2getha 4eva though.

explain the 'snowflake effect'? im curious, also i didnt understand it
Reply 31

Yeah what a selfish ****, refusing to put his life on hold and pursue his interests and goals just for a girl (who he's been seeing for 2 months) :rolleyes:
Original post by eden3
Yeah what a selfish ****, refusing to put his life on hold and pursue his interests and goals just for a girl (who he's been seeing for 2 months) :rolleyes:

Lmao too right.

While it's sad, he's pretty much straight up said, before it got serious, that he's planning on shagging Sheila's in Australia, and it's up to OP if she wants to continue, put the decision entirely in her hands.
Original post by eden3

Erm, my answer was not directed at you. So please don't ****ing quote me. Like ever. Thanks.
Original post by CleverSquirrel
explain the 'snowflake effect'? im curious, also i didnt understand it

That no one person is "unique" in the sense that anyone is dispensible, in relationship terms, and if you broke up with someone you would find someone else, with similar attributes. Maybe I'm a cynic since I've never really been in love, but I don't believe you can be with someone "forever", not in this age.
Not being funny but he has his own life. He shouldn't have to give up opportunities for you. You should support him. This is obviously he's wanted to do for a while and that's not going to change because of a relationship. You can't expect him to guve up everything just for the relationship that's selfish.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending