The Student Room Group

Withdrawing Application so I can accept offers

Hi just checking this is okay to do...

I applied for 2 courses at Birmingham, 1 at Leeds, Essex, and Kent.
I know that I want to firm Birmingham and put Kent as my insurance, and have received offers for both as well as Leeds

Essex sent me an invitation to interview (no offer yet) and I am presuming this is for all applicants to see whether they actually want to go to the uni as I am applying for politics not medicine.

I don't want to go to Essex, haven't visited, and my offer from Kent is the same conditions as Essex so I see no reason why I can't withdraw my application and accept offers from Birminham and Kent, but just wanted to check this is okay...
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by epage

I know that I want to firm Birmingham and put Kent as my insurance.

Essex sent me an invitation to interview (no offer yet) and I am presuming this is for all applicants to see whether they actually want to go to the uni as I am applying for politics not medicine.

I don't want to go to Essex, haven't visited, and my offer from Kent is the same conditions as Essex so I see no reason why I can't withdraw my application and accept offers from Birminham and Kent, but just wanted to check this is okay...

Have you had your offers through from Birmingham and Kent because if so then you might as well withdraw and put them as your choices. However if you haven’t it may be worth not withdrawing and going to the interview, it lets you see the university and gives you a back up just in case.
Original post by Snoozinghamster
Have you had your offers through from Birmingham and Kent because if so then you might as well withdraw and put them as your choices. However if you haven’t it may be worth not withdrawing and going to the interview, it lets you see the university and gives you a back up just in case.

Yes I have - forgot to put that in my post! Thanks for the advice
Original post by epage
Yes I have - forgot to put that in my post! Thanks for the advice

Well congrats on the offers and good luck with meeting them!
Reply 4
Original post by epage

I know that I want to firm Birmingham and put Kent as my insurance, and have received offers for both as well as Leeds

You might prefer Essex. How will you know if you don't visit?

You have until May to make your Firm decisions. There's no rush.

Frequently people Firm a uni and then a few months later want to change it... Don't be one of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Don't decide yet.

Every year, people post on TSR saying they accepted an offer too early and have now changed their mind - but by then it's too late and they've limited their options. You don't have to decide until May at the earliest. There is no advantage to replying early. Don't put yourself in a horrible position that you really don't need to be in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending