The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well so far Queens' don't seem to have sent their CompSci interview invitations out on the same day as last year..
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 121
Cambridge usually sends overseas students invitations a month before the interviews, if I'm not wrong.
Original post by S98paul
Cambridge usually sends overseas students invitations a month before the interviews, if I'm not wrong.

If you mean overseas students that are interviewed at Cambridge, that's not correct, at least not at all colleges. That's why they say it is a good idea to apply for a visa even if you don't know whether you have an interview or not.
Reply 123
Original post by CompSciCat
If you mean overseas students that are interviewed at Cambridge, that's not correct, at least not at all colleges. That's why they say it is a good idea to apply for a visa even if you don't know whether you have an interview or not.

Ah. Thank you for clarifying.
Original post by ImprobableCacti
Well so far Queens' don't seem to have sent their interview invitations out on the same day as last year..

Well, I received an invite from Queens' (maths) at around 4pm (GMT) on 10th Nov (I am an international applicant though).
Original post by galois_561
Well, I received an invite from Queens' (maths) at around 4pm (GMT) on 10th Nov (I am an international applicant though).

Well done and good luck!!

I meant to write CompSci interviews haha :smile:
Original post by laurenb00
I did! What College have you applied to?

I have as well! I'm applying to Downing from the EU. Where are you applying? And are you a home/international/EU applicant? How did you do on the PBSAA?
Original post by medicalstudent9
I have as well! I'm applying to Downing from the EU. Where are you applying? And are you a home/international/EU applicant? How did you do on the PBSAA?

I’m a UK student applying to St. Catharines, and yeah I was pretty happy with how it went, I feel I did a pretty good job, but I’m still unsure about my chances of getting an interview because you just never know! How do you reckon you did?
I’m a UK student applying to St. Catharines, and yeah I was pretty happy with how it went, I feel I did a pretty good job, but I’m still unsure about my chances of getting an interview because you just never know! How do you reckon you did?

Good job! I think I did ok, but it's hard to predict... now I just have to keep my fingers crossed. :smile:
Original post by medicalstudent9
Good job! I think I did ok, but it's hard to predict... now I just have to keep my fingers crossed. :smile:

Good luck! You’ll have to keep me updated ☺️
Good luck! You’ll have to keep me updated ☺️

Yes! You too!
I think Churchill gives interviews out early?
I got my interview invitation, as did someone else I know, two weeks ago. If you check initial email, there may be a schedule telling you when to expect an interview invitation.
Good luck everyone :smile:
Original post by JayneSerena
I think Churchill gives interviews out early?
I got my interview invitation, as did someone else I know, two weeks ago. If you check initial email, there may be a schedule telling you when to expect an interview invitation.
Good luck everyone :smile:

Are you international? A lot of them seem to get them earlier.
Original post by AspiringUnderdog
Are you international? A lot of them seem to get them earlier.

Folks who wrote Admissions Assessments get invites later than other because it takes longer to compile data as well.... so around next week i would expect a flood of invites....and anxiety
Original post by Oruese
Folks who wrote Admissions Assessments get invites later than other because it takes longer to compile data as well.... so around next week i would expect a flood of invites....and anxiety

That is almost all subjects. So far I know that law, architecture and computer science have them on the interview day instead but I still don't know of any nationals getting interview offers as of now.
I applied for engineering at Peterhouse from France and we got an email saying that for those that did a pre interview assessment test, the invitations wouldn’t probably arrive before the 20th as they have to wait for the results....
*but I did so bad on ENGAA so that’s that ><‘ *
Original post by AspiringUnderdog
That is almost all subjects. So far I know that law, architecture and computer science have them on the interview day instead but I still don't know of any nationals getting interview offers as of now.

Maths applicants don't write an admissions test (apart from STEP which is in july next year) and some on the applicants thread (who are home students) have received an offer already
Original post by CharmSpirit
I applied for engineering at Peterhouse from France and we got an email saying that for those that did a pre interview assessment test, the invitations wouldn’t probably arrive before the 20th as they have to wait for the results....
*but I did so bad on ENGAA so that’s that ><‘ *

Yay another applicant from France! Are you/have you doing/done the bac? :h:
Original post by IcedArizona
Yay another applicant from France! Are you/have you doing/done the bac? :h:

Hey! And yeah, I’ve got the French bac in June, and you?
Original post by CharmSpirit
Hey! And yeah, I’ve got the French bac in June, and you?

Niiice, I did it this past june :biggrin: Are you doing OIB by any chance?

Latest

Trending

Trending