The Student Room Group

Scared as hell

On Monday my mocks start and I am scared as heck only revised for couple of hrs will that be enough. Has anyone got any tips of how I can learn science ,math and history in a few days.
Original post by ezaz001
On Monday my mocks start and I am scared as heck only revised for couple of hrs will that be enough. Has anyone got any tips of how I can learn science ,math and history in a few days.

To prepare for maths, just do past papers .. revise science from textbook and make sure you attempt past paper too .. I'm not sure about history
Original post by ezaz001

Start praying.
Reply 3
Original post by uberteknik
start praying.

you know
Original post by ezaz001

Get flash cards if possible or use the ones online and write down key facts of History like facts, figures, names and numbers.
Do the same for Math to remember formulas.Also for Math, do exam style questions from each topic and do some past papers from your spec. Do the past papers on TSR for Math.
And finally for the Sciences if you've got a revision guide for each such as CGP, do the summary questions on each topic.
If you don't have a revision guide do questions out of your text books and make notes and flash cards out of all information.
I can't sympathise with you. You knew you had mocks for a long time. Your school wouldn't just spring them on you all of a sudden. You've brought on all this panic yourself. Good job they're only mocks and not the real thing. Maybe this fear you're feeling will make you realise you actually have to work.
Reply 6
Original post by DrawTheLine
I can't sympathise with you. You knew you had mocks for a long time. Your school wouldn't just spring them on you all of a sudden. You've brought on all this panic yourself. Good job they're only mocks and not the real thing. Maybe this fear you're feeling will make you realise you actually have to work.

I started early (summer holidays) but my teachers are bad so it isn't revision but teaching yourself tbh.
You still have a whole day tommorrow. Plan out what you are going to do on each subject and focus on some key areas for revision 🙂
Original post by ezaz001
I started early (summer holidays) but my teachers are bad so it isn't revision but teaching yourself tbh.

You can't blame your teachers for everything. You have a responsibility.
Reply 9
Original post by Beccajane2
You still have a whole day tommorrow. Plan out what you are going to do on each subject and focus on some key areas for revision 🙂

thanks
Original post by ezaz001
you know

I didn't get the accolade of 'study helper' for no good reason. lol.

Spoiler

Original post by ezaz001

Have you tried google for online quizzes in science, maths and history? They can be really helpful when you have a lot to learn.

What I find helps is writing my own questions using information off the internet or text books and then answering these questions over and over again when I have spare time. When I'm on the bus, When I'm in the bath, While I'm eating my tea etc.. it all helps.

Quick Reply

Latest