The Student Room Group

Why do nearly every girl always like the pretty boys?

Why do 95% girls have a think for Justin Bieber/One Direction/Austin Mahone type of lads who’d look younger than their actual age, have a girly looking faces, skinny build, swishy/quiff haircuts?

I understand that a girl has a right to reject you but imagine if the genders switch guys like me would get shallow and misogynist. Everyone has their own preferences but a lot of young girls need to realise not every single guy looks like One Direction. There are plenty of average joes out there wanting a girlfriend, willing to treat her right but they get ignored because not many girls would abolish from their existence just after glance.

It’s sad that a lot of lads in my generation try too hard to look like One Direction to gets girls. I’d never try to look like that so I could get girls attention however pretty boys do effect my self-esteem?

Scroll to see replies

Why would anyone want to date someone so unambitious that they'd define themselves as an "average joe" anyway?
yeh my school is like that too , a good friend on this site told me that you shoudn't worry about what u look like just so u can impress others , just keep digging and you'll find someone sooner or later
How do you know you're being rejected on the basis of looks?
Reply 4
I think 95% is a bit of an exaggeration.
All the celebs u mentioned are average. It's all about Wentworth Miller, Idris Alba, Kit Harrington, Alex Aiono and more.
Reply 6
Original post by thewinelake
How do you know you're being rejected on the basis of looks?

It happens to me a lot of dating sites, they’d look at me photos and not want to know me
Reply 7
Original post by UWS
I think 95% is a bit of an exaggeration.

No exaggeration. Girls are shallow well most of them.
Reply 8
Original post by Emerald777O
All the celebs u mentioned are average. It's all about Wentworth Miller, Idris Alba, Kit Harrington, Alex Aiono and more.

More like One Direction, Union J, Justin Bieber, Cody Simpson, Nicholas Hoult, Zac Efron
Original post by Anonymous
More like One Direction, Union J, Justin Bieber, Cody Simpson, Nicholas Hoult, Zac Efron

Sorry but they're so basic
Reply 10
It happens to me a lot of dating sites, they’d look at me photos and not want to know me

No exaggeration. Girls are shallow well most of them.

Maybe because you're using dating sites. People on dating sites are shallow because pictures are all they have to go by.

Step into the real world and people are less picky.
Original post by UWS
Maybe because you're using dating sites. People on dating sites are shallow because pictures are all they have to go by.

Step into the real world and people are less picky.

I’ve tried to approach a few girls at night outs a few times hoping to have a chat, buy them a drink or dance but they usually just walk away. One girl verbally abused me for susposedly trying to make a move on her friend but what I thought was that her friend smiled at me so I smiled back.
i'm pretty sure only like pre-teens find Justin Bieber and the one direction lads attractive.
Reply 13
I’ve tried to approach a few girls at night outs a few times hoping to have a chat, buy them a drink or dance but they usually just walk away. One girl verbally abused me for susposedly trying to make a move on her friend but what I thought was that her friend smiled at me so I smiled back.

I don't think approaching at bars is the best option, there's always a lot of competition for that.

Instead, why not take up new interests and join a club? At least that way when you meet people, you'll already have something in common.
I think it's more to do with the age range. That "95%" figure of yours may be true for girls around 16-18 year olds but over 20....it's a different story.
Original post by JDieMstr
I think it's more to do with the age range. That "95%" figure of yours may be true for girls around 16-18 year olds but over 20....it's a different story.

I’d say more like 12-18 but do you believe that girls wise up as they get older?
I’d say more like 12-18 but do you believe that girls wise up as they get older?

I'm pretty sure they do, bud.
1. The guys I've ever liked doesn't look anything like the guys you've mentioned
2. I like 1D for their music, not their face lmao

Ah, didn't realise it was dating sites. Can't say I'm surprised that judgment there will be on a pretty shallow basis. Maybe you should try face to face dating? Does speed-dating still exist? ;-)
Hi I think girls are more attracted to them types of guys because the men are more attractive and also because they are more out there and they are in front of you quite often your brain thinks of them even when they are not there
I hope that answered your question
HalenaXx:wink:
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest