The Student Room Group

Think I got hired for an ulterior motive, should I quit?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lil minx
You sound like a fruitcake.

Sorry, but why would they go to all that trouble? Why would they bug your house to get 'conversations' what kind of work do you even do? You are not an ex member of MI5 that they want to silence and stop their secrets from being exposed lol

You must be trolling as surely nobody could be this paranoid.

I said earlier in the thread why they are doing this to me. It's not related to the work I do, that's simply a cover to get me out the house all day. My degree is ****, I have no references, I have no experience and I did **** at the interview. I only got the job so they could do this to me. Like I said, this is exactly what they want to happen you fell for it congratulations you just say I'm paranoid like they want. like all the rest.
Reply 21
Listen to @the bear's advice. He is a well known and respected member here.

Original post by Anonymous
I said earlier in the thread why they are doing this to me. It's not related to the work I do, that's simply a cover to get me out the house all day. My degree is ****, I have no references, I have no experience and I did **** at the interview. I only got the job so they could do this to me. Like I said, this is exactly what they want to happen you fell for it congratulations you just say I'm paranoid like they want. like all the rest.

How would you know if they weren't doing this?
I'm not an "ordinary person", I've done things pissed off the wrong people, they want me dead but no questions asked what better way than make me look mentally ill than bug my house and play my conversations back in public places so I think I'm crazy no one blinks twice when a crazy guy kills himself. No inquiry. I have a newish car cut the brakes on that and it's obvious. They want to torment me first. And no one believes me that's more part of the mental torture.

No-one here is in the least qualified to help you.
Okay, if you really think something like this is happening then you should go to the police.

Or leave your job. Find a different one. Or keep your job and get somebody to watch your house or install camera's or something. Make sure they are hidden.

Who have you pissed off? What did you do to them and why? We need to know more info if we can answer this properly.
Reply 24
Oooooo this looks like an exciting thread to read before bed
Reply 25
Just be grateful you have a job.
Original post by Chloe070998
You are not crazy. People do care, never think that they don't. Take a breath and calm down. Go to where you feel safest. Talk through your concerns with someone you trust. A 2:2 is not a degree to be ashamed of! Be proud! You matter!!!

I have no one to talk to. Everyone just says I'm crazy and need to tell my psychiatrist but I don't trust him at all.

I think a 2:2 is pretty *****y tbh. :dontknow:
I have no one to talk to. Everyone just says I'm crazy and need to tell my psychiatrist but I don't trust him at all.

I think a 2:2 is pretty *****y tbh. :dontknow:

Can you message me on here? I'll happily talk things out with you! And anyone who has a degree has worked incredibly hard!!! You could have failed, you could of have got a 3rd! Don't put yourself down! You have done amazing!
No, I don't take any drugs.

They didn't hire me so they could rob me. :facepalm: They did it so they could bug my house and play back the conversations I have and narrate the stuff I do when I'm in public so I think I'm crazy and kill myself.

I have some questions for you. Please answer them.

1) Why would 'they' want to kill you? You describe an ordinary life until now. Is it because you got a 2.2? If not, what else?
2) What you describe is a huge amount of effort involving completely unrelated professions. Did they get the NHS to send you to that specific psychiatrist or were they only recruited into this murder plot afterwards? Why did either agree to be in on the plan to kill you?
3) Do you think the voice you are hearing, and the commentary, are played on megaphones around your workplace? Do you every hear these voices outside your workplace?
4) Do you think the voices could be inside your head?
5) Have you any evidence that anyone at all has been inside your house or do you just 'know'?
6) Why are they going through so much effort to seemingly torture you? Killing you would be way easier, yet they are risking getting caught by involving hundreds of individuals from your workplace and elsewhere. This is what you believe?
7) Have you googled the symptoms of schizophrenia before? Have you googled 'auditory hallucinations'? Have you googled 'schizophrenia running commentary'?

That is all.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Bypsid
Just be grateful you have a job.

A job where the whole purpose is to drive me to kill myself? :curious:
Reply 30
A job where the whole purpose is to drive me to kill myself? :curious:

Did they contact you and tell you to apply for it?
Original post by nexttime
I have some questions for you. Please answer them.

1) Why would 'they' want to kill you? You describe an ordinary life until now. Is it because you got a 2.2? If not, what else?
2) What you describe is a huge amount of effort involving completely unrelated professions. Did they get the NHS to send you to that specific psychiatrist or were they only recruited into this murder plot afterwards? Why did either agree to be in on the plan to kill you?
3) Do you think the voice you are hearing, and the commentary, are played on megaphones around your workplace? Do you every hear these voices outside your workplace?
4) Do you think the voices could be inside your head?
5) Have you any evidence that anyone at all has been inside your house or do you just 'know'?
6) Why are they going through so much effort to seemingly torture you? Killing you would be way easier, yet they are risking getting caught by involving hundreds of individuals from your workplace and elsewhere. This is what you believe?
7) Have you googled the symptoms of schizophrenia before? Have you googled 'auditory hallucinations'? Have you googled 'schizophrenia running commentary'?

That is all.

1) I did some stuff when I was younger, pissed off the wrong people. More recently I screwed "them" over and caused them to lose a lot of money.

2) The psychiatrist has been paid to prescribe me poisons which only make me feel worse. He says they are antipsychotics, they are not they have messed with the nerves in my wrist (which he conveniently puts down to me using a computer too much) causing a lot of pain and made me hear voices which encourage me to kill myself.

3) People in my workplace talk to each other, they repeat stuff I've said at home. Sometimes they play my conversations through the walls. Also when I go to the supermarket on the loudspeakers they play back my conversations with like my mum or whoever. They also narrate stuff I've been doing earlier that day or week at home so everyone can hear.

4) The only voices I hear are the ones induced by the poisons the psychiatrist gave me.

5) My cats beg for food when I get home. I know they're really cute cats and whoever has been the person responsibile for collecting the data has been giving them treats. I'm not stupid, I know the grunt collecting the data is human and if you saw two really cute cats you'd probably be tempted to feed them too. They never used to beg. Ever. As they knew they wouldn't get anything.

6) As I said, a long drawn out death is far better torture for what I did. As you've seen in this thread, no one believes me and no one would care if I killed myself. Young guy died in tragic car wreck = people would care, they're might be an inquiry or something this is far crueler.

7) See 6.
I graduated with a 2:2 over 5 years ago and secured my first job 2 months ago. I had no references and performed poorly at the interview yet got an email offering me the job the next day. I thought this was great so eagerly took the job. It's 9-5 monday to friday with very few holidays.

However, I don't really do much day to day. I don't understand why it's a full time job and why I'm getting paid. I also don't understand why they would hire me witout references and with a 2:2 and a massive gap in my CV.

I think that I have been given this job so that my house is empty during the day and they can bug it then collect the data while they know I am at work with no chance of coming home and catching them in the act. My work colleagues seem friendly but I don't discount them working against me as it could be an act to keep me in the job.

I don't really have good qualifcations and I'm shy and awkward at interviews so don't think I could get another job easily but with that in mind should I quit mine so I can thwart their plans or try to keep it up even though they're sneaking into my house every day?

Set up a secret camera in your house so you can check if anyone's entering your house...
Original post by Doonesbury
Did they contact you and tell you to apply for it?

The "psychiatrist" told me to apply for jobs. I looked on the internet. It was a pretty big coincidence that there was a job opening which required a degree in the subject mine is in in my town (which is tiny) and had applications closing within a few weeks.

So no, but it was a very big coincidence otherwise. And no, it doesn't matter, it wouldn't take much for them to talk to the guy who is my boss to hire me and they would give him something nice in return. :dontknow:
1) I did some stuff when I was younger, pissed off the wrong people. More recently I screwed "them" over and caused them to lose a lot of money.

2) The psychiatrist has been paid to prescribe me poisons which only make me feel worse. He says they are antipsychotics, they are not they have messed with the nerves in my wrist (which he conveniently puts down to me using a computer too much) causing a lot of pain and made me hear voices which encourage me to kill myself.

3) People in my workplace talk to each other, they repeat stuff I've said at home. Sometimes they play my conversations through the walls. Also when I go to the supermarket on the loudspeakers they play back my conversations with like my mum or whoever. They also narrate stuff I've been doing earlier that day or week at home so everyone can hear.

4) The only voices I hear are the ones induced by the poisons the psychiatrist gave me.

5) My cats beg for food when I get home. I know they're really cute cats and whoever has been the person responsibile for collecting the data has been giving them treats. I'm not stupid, I know the grunt collecting the data is human and if you saw two really cute cats you'd probably be tempted to feed them too. They never used to beg. Ever. As they knew they wouldn't get anything.

6) As I said, a long drawn out death is far better torture for what I did. As you've seen in this thread, no one believes me and no one would care if I killed myself. Young guy died in tragic car wreck = people would care, they're might be an inquiry or something this is far crueler.

7) See 6.

Oh come on mate, why would supermarkets play out the conversations between you and your mother? As someone else said...you could possibly be schizophrenic.

7) See 6.

The people you owe money to? What kind of power do they have? Are they officials/government types or what.

Nobody else would have this kind of power to pull this off, ie bugging you etc..

I actually think the conversations you hear at work, in the supermarket etc,,, are probably just voices in your head. Maybe you have schizophrenia or some other mental health disorder?
Reply 36
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
I did some stuff when I was younger, pissed off the wrong people. More recently I screwed "them" over and caused them to lose a lot of money.

What kind of stuff, be more specific. Who do you owe money to.? How much? what kind of work do THEY do?

If they make you feel worse then don't take them. It will be medicine prescribed for whatever mental health disorder you have,. and maybe you do use a computer too much. You post on here a lot it seems.

Ask them WHY they are repeating it and HOW do they know these things? Get clear answers.
Are you sure you haven't mentioned anything to them in previous conversations and they remembered?
The supermarket thing... you are clearly imagining, why would they play conversations over a speaker? I'm sure customers in the shop would be put off shopping by that.

Why would the psychiatrist poison you? If it was real poison you'd be very ill or dead, hearing voices but be the least of your problems. Again, you are just hearing voices because you probably have schizophrenia.

Maybe they are just hungry so beg for treats. Maybe it's because your out most of the day and can't feed them. They don't see you as much since you started your new job so obviously miss you so come over to you when you come in.. makes sense as they've missed you.
Anybody bugging your house is not going to risk feeding your cats, they wouldn't want to be hanging around. It would be to risky.

What did you do that was so bad?
I'm sure your mum would care if you died. You shouldn't think this way, it's not healthy and isn't true at all.
what exactly does this job entail, as it seems quite enjoyable
A chance no one else in 5 years was willing to give me? seems very suspicious.

Ye, but do they even know that tho

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending