The Student Room Group

Is long hair always better on women??

Men say that they prefer long hair in women however Ive always thought that long hair doesnt suit me. Ive never known how to style it proper its always been in a long bob and is very wavy. Someone at uni said i had crap hair Another time i came in one morning and someone said jesus it looks like you had a rough night (some outspoken woman). My ex bf said the worst thing about me was my hair.
My mum said it suits me much better shorter and ny grandma said i looked like a drag with long hair lol (im only talking mid neck/shoulder length). She said i look happier with short hair. People also generally say I look better with my hair tied back however its not that comfortable tbh.

I see myself in the mirror and it does make me look very sulky with hair at shoulder length. Ive had it short and the past and thought it suited me but most guys say that 99% of men prefer long hair.

Im sure this doesnt apply to me though. I already struggle to attract men (my personality is quiet/offish im bad at chit chat). I want to look good but am just confused anout the best thing to do with my hair.

Scroll to see replies

Always better? Short answer, no. Longer answer, noooooooo.
Always better isn't true but I've never seen long hair that I thought looked bad unless they've done something very weird with it. If you think you look better with short, go for short. I know plenty of guys that have gone for short haired gals with no second thoughts.
Not necessarily, but I have a thing for women with very long hair: waist length to upper thigh length is just divine :moon:
Original post by Anonymous
Men say that they prefer long hair in women however Ive always thought that long hair doesnt suit me. Ive never known how to style it proper its always been in a long bob and is very wavy. Someone at uni said i had crap hair Another time i came in one morning and someone said jesus it looks like you had a rough night (some outspoken woman). My ex bf said the worst thing about me was my hair.
My mum said it suits me much better shorter and ny grandma said i looked like a drag with long hair lol (im only talking mid neck/shoulder length). She said i look happier with short hair. People also generally say I look better with my hair tied back however its not that comfortable tbh.

I see myself in the mirror and it does make me look very sulky with hair at shoulder length. Ive had it short and the past and thought it suited me but most guys say that 99% of men prefer long hair.

Im sure this doesnt apply to me though. I already struggle to attract men (my personality is quiet/offish im bad at chit chat). I want to look good but am just confused anout the best thing to do with my hair.

Blergh. If your hair is bad you should look after it more and style it. I don't think length is that important, long hair can be beautiful, but then again almost all girls have long hair so it's quite refreshing to see something different. Girls with short hair definitely can be pretty. It's all about what you wanna do.

I often feel insecure about my short hair because of what people say about it, it often does sound like men are very obsessed with long hair, which is kind of stupid when you think about it, it's just hair and there's many more features that can make a woman attractive. When I had long hair one guy even said 'long hair is the beauty of a woman'. But I feel like it's a dumb stereotype.

It gives me confidence that I have super short hair at the moment, like a pixie cut, and even guys who many girls consider very attractive still do flirt with me and compliment my appearance.
Not always.
Wear the hair length and style for you.
Short hair suits some women.
I prefer long.
No. I have short hair (I'm growing it to a bob atm but that's because I wanted something different - it's been short for over 5 years) and hopefully I look okay ahaha! I know I'll never suit really long hair but that's okay because I like changing it up and short
Frankly, I go out clubbing a lot and almost every time a guy comes up to me, the first thing they'll compliment is my hair. It's just something dofferent and I think they find it refreshing. Give it a go! It's just hair, it'll grow back

And also, ask yourself, if a guy only likes you because you've got long hair and he wouldn't like you if it's short, is it someone you wanna be with?
It depends what you mean by long. Like a girl with short back and sides is a bit gross but like if by short you mean slightly above shoulder height then that's fine and can be p cute imo. I mean I have longer hair than a lot of girls is p funny.
It really depends on your face. I had waist length until September. One of my friends had always told me to cut my hair and it was pretty heavy and I fancied a change. So I cut it to shoulder length! Massive regrets! Long hair suits me so much better and made me feel like a fairytale princess. I just need to wait out the next 2 years or so until it gets to the same length again:sad: Don't listen to other people about your hair.
Long hair is supposed to make you look more of a refined woman. Although, there must be a good compatibility between the face and long hair for it to actually work. So in your case, if long hair doesn't float your boat, don't do it.
Original post by black1blade
It depends what you mean by long. Like a girl with short back and sides is a bit gross but like if by short you mean slightly above shoulder height then that's fine and can be p cute imo. I mean I have longer hair than a lot of girls is p funny.

Lol why is it pretty gross? If anything it's less gross in terms of hygiene ahaha
- Genuinely asking as a short haired girl
Reply 11
I prefer longer hair.

Do what makes you happy though.
Original post by beccabokka
Lol why is it pretty gross? If anything it's less gross in terms of hygiene ahaha
- Genuinely asking as a short haired girl

I just really don't like the shape of people's head I guess idk, I don't like short hair in general tbh. Even though you might have short hair for girl's standards, it's probably quite long for a lot of guy's standards XD.
I admit that I like and prefer girls with long hair, however I would not say that women with short hair are lesser attractive. The length of hair is a matter of personality, like another aspects of looks. What is short hair anyway? when hair is considered as long? when the hair goes down to the neck at least? or longer? that seems to be controversial.
It's never always better. Different people suit different thing. I have a friend who was pretty, but her long hair did NOT suit her. She cut her hair boy length and now she's hot as hell, getting boys and girls alike
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Not necessarily, but I have a thing for women with very long hair: waist length to upper thigh length is just divine :moon:

Bit long.
Original post by black1blade
I just really don't like the shape of people's head I guess idk, I don't like short hair in general tbh. Even though you might have short hair for girl's standards, it's probably quite long for a lot of guy's standards XD.

Ahahaha not gonna lie I used to hate touching the back of people's heads but now that I'm a swim teacher, I've got used to having to support people behind the head when they swim so it doesn't gross me out anymore but I get you dude
Not when it gets stuck in a blender.
Hi u have very long hair and I get a lot of praise for it but sometimes long hair does get in the way and a lot of the time it puts me in a mood but sometimes long hair does not suit people I suggest trying your hair at different start with long cut bits of the bottom and see how you like it only your opinion counts
HalenaXx
Original post by Anonymous

Whenever i see a universal in the tittle i automatically say no because there will always be a situation no matter how ridiculous that the particular of your statement will be true for example long hair is sometimes better on women

Latest

Trending

Trending