The Student Room Group

should i let go?

ive been interested in a guy for around a couple of months now and we've basically been chatting to each other every day, be it online or irl
we've gone on a few 1:1 hangouts (not sure when to classify it as a "date" lol) and i thought this was all progressing really well until the most recent one...

last week, he messaged me and told me that we should get drinks on campus on friday night, alone, which we did. we basically drank and talked (about relationships only - he initiated and stuck with this topic) and hung alone from dinner til 3am... but
1. nothing really happened (ie no bases or anything) asides from getting a little touchy --> could this hint that hes not physically attracted to me and that im merely a 'bro' to him?
2. he told me that his "ex" was actually his fwb partner (initially i didnt know his ex was fwb and thought it was a "legitimate" relationship) --> so why did he decide to be honest now?
3. he claims that he doesnt really believe nor buy into the idea that "best friends can become lovers" --> ok...so what am i to him right now, a 'best friend'?
4. when i asked him whether he was having a crush on anyone he told me there was no one --> sooo im either untrustworthy or he really has no one in mind atm?

i know some of the responses/way i reacted to the incident is a little unreasonable but what can i do :frown: i really care about him and i really hope that our relationship can proceed further but at the same time i cant help overthink and overanalyze :frown:

can someone please try and give me an objective/possible insight of what he's thinking and whether he's interested or not, or at least give me some guidance on what i should/can do oR SHOULD I JUST MOVE ON and forget about him lololol thankss
Reply 1
If I were you I'd just ask him! Had a similar situation with a Girl recently, actually kissed her on a couple of nights out so I was really thinking maybe there could be something proper. Ended up just letting it go for a couple of months and then eventually decided screw it I'll just ask her. ... I'd love to say she said yes and we're together now but that didn't happen! But felt a lot better knowing how she really felt rather than leading myself along any more. Still good friends now though, neither of us made it awkward after. Just my own personal opinion/experience.Good luck with whatever you choose though!
Go down on him
Reply 3
Let it go, if something was to happen it'd have happened ages ago...
Reply 4
Original post by Jsmith88
If I were you I'd just ask him! Had a similar situation with a Girl recently, actually kissed her on a couple of nights out so I was really thinking maybe there could be something proper. Ended up just letting it go for a couple of months and then eventually decided screw it I'll just ask her. ... I'd love to say she said yes and we're together now but that didn't happen! But felt a lot better knowing how she really felt rather than leading myself along any more. Still good friends now though, neither of us made it awkward after. Just my own personal opinion/experience.Good luck with whatever you choose though!

just wondering...why did you let go for a couple months at first?! :O

Original post by NextDoctor2017
Go down on him

haha but im shy and scared....he doesnt like/want it? what if he rejects me physicallly

Original post by cutibess
Let it go, if something was to happen it'd have happened ages ago...

true but....inside of me still has still small hope that he does have a thing for me haaaha
Reply 5
For exactly the same reason you've been letting it go on for a couple of months, to see if anything just happens naturally.

Quick Reply

Latest